Carolinablue College Football Week 1

BOL just put the FBS v FCS plays on the board, so here are a few more I just added....

Thursday 8/29
UCF -45.5 115 vs FAMU
BGSU -23.5 110 vs Morgan State

FYI - I know BGSU was a trainwreck and has a lot of new pieces, but gotta love the fact that Morgan State is in the same boat plus they were not allowed to have spring practice because of NCAA academic sanctions.

As far as UCF goes, I just need them to be UCF as I think Winbush will have something to prove and I will be surprised if they don't put at least 56 on the board Thursday night.

Wow, what a summer it has been as the Caribbean waters have been nice and warm and the frozen drinks have been cold and plentiful, so what more can one ask for. The best time of the year is also right around the corner as there is nothing like Saturdays in the fall to get the adrenaline flowing! My son has Christmas in Alaska on his bucket list and I have the Olympics in Japan on mine, so time for me to kick things into gear as these trips won't pay for themselves!

Have locked in a handful of plays at BOL so far, as this year I am gonna just ride with BOL as I won't have time to do the back and forth with BM or 5D like I used to do. Hope everyone had a great summer and I look forward to some solid discussion throughout the year as at the end of the day, we are all on the same team, so never lose sight of who the real competition is.

Already have our tickets for the UNC game at BofA on Sat 8/31, so will definitely have a play on that one (guess who I will be on LOL). Just waiting for the line to move a bit in my favor as I would like to get 8.5 but won't be too broken up if I have to settle for 7.5 at the end of the day. Also have our tickets for the 8pm game on 9/7 vs Miami as that should be a crazy atmosphere, especially if we are able to pull out a win vs SC in Week 1.

Week 1 Plays
Sat 8/24

293/294 Arizona at Hawaii Over 70 110

Thur 8/29
138 Tulane -2.5 120 vs FIU​
226 BGSU -23.5 110 vs Morgan State
228 UCF -45.5 115
vs FAMU

Sat 8/31
184 Alabama -33 115 vs Duke in Atlanta​
187 Va Tech -2.5 115 at BC​
196 Michigan -33.5 110 vs MTSU​
201 Georgia -20.5 115 at Vandy​
203 UVA -2.5 115 at Pitt​
Hey Blue?
Thoughts on Utah/BYU!!

Hey Blue?
Thoughts on Utah/BYU!!

Honestly Tom, I don't really have an opinion either way on that one as the line right now is at 6 and climbing so all value has been lost on the Utah side in my view as I expected this one to land around -7 and it still might get there by kickoff. If Utah was -2.5, I would bite, but again, with the line being where it is, no reason to play it for me. Sorry, I couldn't be more help on that one!

Updated Card

Week 1 Plays
Sat 8/24
293/294 Arizona at Hawaii Over 70 110

Thur 8/29
138 Tulane -2.5 120
vs FIU
226 BGSU -23.5 110 vs Morgan State
228 UCF -45.5 115
vs FAMU

Sat 8/31
184 Alabama -33 115
vs Duke in Atlanta
187 Va Tech -2.5 115 at BC
196 Michigan -33.5 110 vs MTSU
201 Georgia -20.5 115 at Vandy
203 UVA -2.5 115 at Pitt

Honestly Tom, I don't really have an opinion either way on that one as the line right now is at 6 and climbing so all value has been lost on the Utah side in my view as I expected this one to land around -7 and it still might get there by kickoff. If Utah was -2.5, I would bite, but again, with the line being where it is, no reason to play it for me. Sorry, I couldn't be more help on that one!
No! Appreciate the feedback!!
GL on Thurs.

Big news in terms of depth for UNC secondary this season..

CHAPEL HILL, N.C. – Freshman defensive back Cam'Ron Kelly's transfer waiver has been granted by the NCAA and he is immediately eligible and available to play this season, UNC announced late Wednesday afternoon.

Kelly, a four-star cornerback out of Chesapeake, Va., originally signed with Auburn last December and enrolled in January. He announced in March that he had entered the NCAA Transfer Portal, citing a desire to attend college closer to home due to family health problems.

After announcing his decision to transfer to UNC in April, Kelly spent the offseason and preseason awaiting word on his eligibility waiver from the NCAA. It finally came on Wednesday.

Solid start to the year with 3 wins Thursday night as Tulane, BGSU and FIU all dominated their matchups as expected.

No games Friday so will kick back and start looking at week 2 matchups before things get into high gear with 5 games on the card for Saturday.

Year to Date 4-0 +4.0 units

Looking at the Maine game right now but not sure if it will make the cut hmmm

Decided to pass on the Maine game as while I think they are far superior to Sacred Heart in terms of talent and also balance on offense, just don't like the 14 number as this could easily end up 17-6 or something like that, so no play for me. About to take an early look at potential spots in Week 2, as my Week 1 card is locked for Saturday. Feel free to drop a Week 1 question in the thread if you want as I am happy to help out any way I can.

Best of luck this weekend guys!
CB

Decided to pass on the Maine game as while I think they are far superior to Sacred Heart in terms of talent and also balance on offense, just don't like the 14 number as this could easily end up 17-6 or something like that, so no play for me. About to take an early look at potential spots in Week 2, as my Week 1 card is locked for Saturday. Feel free to drop a Week 1 question in the thread if you want as I am happy to help out any way I can.

Best of luck this weekend guys!
CB
Thanks CB for sharing.

Thanks CB for sharing.

No sweat winddyy. I enjoy trying to find those under the radar gems like UCF and BGSU Thursday night, but as I like to say, sometimes the best play is the one we don’t got that submit button on and I had a few of those last night, so very thankful for discipline!

Best of luck this weekend winddy!

CB

CB,
Love to hear your thought on Army and Purdue. Thanks and best of lucks.

Army game has already started but the reason I passed on them is because I didn’t want to lay that many points with them in week one, because part of the reason they do so well is lack of prep time by the opponent during the season, but that doesn’t apply in week one so easy no play for me.

Purdue was intriguing to me when it was single digits as I probably would have taken it at less than a TD but the line went the other way and lost all value in my opinion once it entered double digit territory as they aren’t consistent enough to be laying 10+ on the road so again an easy pass for me, as I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if Nevada won SU.

With that said, watch both win by 30+ haha.

Late add...

182 UNC +11.5 125 v South Carolina

Since I am going to the game, all discipline goes out the window as this is purely a heart play and I am not ashamed to admit that LOL. Heading to the UNC tailgate party at BB&T with my son around noon and then hitting BofA for the Kickoff fan fest around 2pm. Should be an awesome day (and very hot as it is going to be in the low 90s today).

Best of luck today guys!

GL today. Air Force should be much improved this year.

Yeah, I am expecting at least 400 yards on the ground from AFA today as Colgate should be worn down pretty good by the time the 4th quarter rolls around. I see this one being like a 40-10 type game.

Ok, that's it, my son says it's time to go head to the train station, so I am outta here. Have fun today guys and let's make some cash!

CB

Reactions: RMR
Week 0/1 results = 9-3 (75%). +5.6 units

Hope I was able to help a few of you guys out this week. Just remember it is a marathon not a sprint, so still a long way to go, but always nice to get off to a good start out of the gate. No rest for the weary however, on to week 2!

Last edited:
Back