Carolinablue Bowl Thread

Texas Tech comes back to tie it on the last play of the game to make it 38-38 which means the Texas/Minny Over 64.5 = WINNER and the Texas Tech Team Total Over 36.5 = WINNER. If they somehow pull this out by 7 in OT, I will pass out in disbelief at my good luck, but either way I am in a state of euphoric shock right now at this one.

Just a correction to a post I made in the other thread...

Looks like yahoo and covers were wrong again as apparently Tech won 44-41. Not like its the first time both of those scoreboards have given us incorrect info haha.

texas Tech -6.5 = Loser (but That Comeback Was Worth It!)
tech/minny Over 64.5 = Winner
tech Team Total Over 36.5 = Winner

overall Bowl Record Now 10-2

Saturday Plays = Are You Kiddin' Me? I Need A Break After All The Stress Of The Tech Comeback!!!

Jan 1 Bowl Games - Leans

Tenn
Michigan
Oklahoma

Haven't played these yet, but these are the only games that I have leans on. Don't really have a read on any of the other New Years Day games.

Also going to play WMU closer to game day as I want to see how that line moves between now and then.

Still unsure about Ohio State v Florida. Like OSU but man I got burned last year on USC also laying 6.5/7, so a little gunshy this year I guess. Open to hearing arguments on both sides.

Okay, here are my updated leans for the New Year's Day Bowl Games. Just need to figure out if I am going to play all of these or not.

TENN -3.5 109
MICH PK 102 (won't bother with the +1 here)
OU -7 (jumped to 7.5 overnight, but hoping it comes back to 7 109)

I can't seem to get a feel for any of the other games, so they will be no plays for me.

Still also like WMU for 1/6 and that line isn't moving so figure it won't hurt to wait a few more days to see if it moves at all.

Will probably go with OSU in the title game but may take it at 6.5 instead of 7. I just don't see this being a good matchup for the Gators at all, so I don't see this year's game playing out like last year's at all.

Also, any thoughts on the total for Michigan v USC? I am thinking this one has over written all over it b/c often times when you have two great talented defenses going head to head like this, it ends up in a high scoring shootout type of game. 46.5 isn't that high of a number and I am thinking at worst it will be a 27-24 type of game with my lean towards 31-28. Curious to hear what you guys think here as well, thanks.

Even though everyone seems to be ready to pounce on the OU -7, there is a part of me that is leaning toward Boise in that one as they have the weapons both in the rushing and passing game to keep it close I believe. Slightly leaning toward Boise at maybe 7.5 or 8 in this one, which would be a 180 from my original lean of OU.

I like you tenny play, Penn St's offense is anemic and tennys d isnt that bad when they are motivated...I would take a look at the under, with so many overs in the SEC games an under is due and I think that game would be a good one to go under.....

Thanks for the response Troutman, greatly appreciated.

Also, gotta congratulate you again on the great run you are having. What are you, like 11-3 right now? You are on fire, and I hope you keep up up this last week!

With ya on all the same Monday plays, but also on Arkie. As for OSU, they should win by DD. Last year you were burned by Vince Young. As we can see, tough to bet against him, even as a Titan (except today;-)

No one could determine a game like VY, and the gators won't stop OSU enough to keep up. Unless Tebow channels VY's spirit.

BOL and have a happy NY!

TENN -3 129 (bit the bullet on the juice to reduce the stress level a bit)

Gonna hold off on Michigan and OU until later tomorrow to see how the lines move throughout the day.

Note: White Star Champagne beats cheap beer any day of the week haha

ADDED MICHIGAN/USC OVER 46 115 (actual juice right now)

No play on the side in this one as I think Michigan wins but ML is now up to 125 so I screwed up by waiting to long here. Don't think the juice is worth it here in what could be a toss up. Will take my chances instead with the over in what should be a highly competitive game with some big plays on both sides. Here's hoping for some early fireworks in this one, something like a 24-21 first half would be nice.

OU line is down to 6.5 105 which is surprising to me. Curious to hear thoughts on this line move.

think books are worried about this one CB. lower the line makes people think too much OU is dominant is every facet of the game. lets not kid ourselves here. unless this game is fixed OU rolls. this sin;t miami/tOSU kind of spread this is B12 v. WAC ,man v.Adolocensce males. OU rolls

Stacks - Yeah I was thinking along the same lines. Almost some reverse psychology type of stuff maybe haha. I am tempted to grab the 7 +106 but may just take the 6.5 105 and not get greedy. Will wait to see if the line moves over the next couple hours to make sure nothing funny is going on. Thanks.

The Tennessee game is the definition of frustration as they have the superior talent but they basically are handing the game over to PSU with all of their turnovers. There is no reason why the Vols shouldn't be up in this game, but they just keep pissing it away at every turn. What a frustrating start to the day so far...

OKLAHOMA -6.5 105 (locked it in here as I didn't see it going any lower and I didn't wanna be greedy. Expect it to get back to 7 later this afternoon as it is already back up to 6.5 111 now)

OU should be able to outmuscle Boise in this one as this game will be won in the trenches. I just don't see Boise having any time in the pocket to get their explosive offense going, so taking my shot that OU will control this one with their smashmouth physical play that will eventually frustrate Boise into mistakes and turnovers, which will lead to some short fields for the Sooners.

carolinablue said:
TENN = LOSS

10-3 bowl record.

They should be embarrassed by their performance today, nuff said.

That fat, donut eating fool Phil Fulmer should be taken out back & shot...GL on OU...:cheers:

MICHIGAN/USC OVER = WINNER (I admit this was pure luck!)

11-3 BOWL RECORD (78.6%)

Wow, can't believe I actually cashed on this play after only 6 points were scored in the 1H. Between this play and the Texas Tech over, I may have just used up all of my gambling miracles for the next 5 years this bowl season. Either way, just gonna enjoy the win and look forward to the Sooners taking care of business tonight to keep the run going.

The only other plays I am considering the rest of the way are Western Michigan and Ohio State but gonna wait and see how the lines move on both before deciding if I should play em or not.

OU = LOSS (but it was still worth it to stay up till 1am to catch that one!)

11-4 OVERALL BOWL RECORD

1-2 day yesterday with only a miracle over saving me from the dreader O-fer haha.

Anyway, 11-4 overall now, so still can't complain as yesterday claimed many victims, so I am just gonna be thankful it wasn't a lot worse for me.

No play for tonight. At this point I am tempted to just call it a day and withdraw my profit and go home but I will probably toss something on the Buckeyes next Monday but not sure yet to be honest. The WMU line has moved against me so may end up laying off that one as I don't like 7 as much as the earlier 8 and 8.5's that were out there for 110 or less.

Definitely not touching the ND game as who knows what will happen in that one tomorrow.

Talk to you guys later!

Fondy - If I was truly smart, I would stop trying to strike gold in cbb, with my 36-31 record. I am causing myself way too much stress in baskets, being thankful at the end of the night for 2-2 and 1-1 pretty much every night for the past 2 weeks. Of course I say all this as I am looking over cbb numbers as I look to strike gold with a 2-0 night tonight haha.

Discipline? What discipline?

Can't let you guys have all the fun...

ADDING WAKE +10.5 116

Hoping for a grind it out low scoring type of game where Wake is the beneficiary of a couple gifts from Louisville early on so they can get out to a lead and get some confidence going. Ideal situation would be a 10-3 Wake lead at the half or something like that, so that Louisville gets frustrated with the Wake defense and grind it out ball control offense. I have made a ton of money on the Ville this season, so a little nervous about going against em here as they have the ability to put up 40+ against pretty much anyone not named OSU or Michigan, but there is just something about this Wake team that makes me feel pretty good having 10.5 in my back pocket.

Small play for me in this one though as I am not gonna piss away my profit these next few days!

Thanks Troutman!

Man, it is shaping up to be one hell of a 4th quarter. Guess I will have another night with very little sleep before waking up at 530am for work tomorrow. Oh well, this is definitely worth it!

Back