Carmelo Anthony Is The Most Selfish Player in the NBA

Sorry I tried posting the video from last night but it didn't work.

Melo just walked away from his team AGAIN. What a joke.

My friend texted me last night and told me that he thought he heard melo say

"Pretty sure I overheard melo saying "No matter what it's always my fault" lol"

He walked to the locker room because he had pain in his knee. How is that selfish? You privy to discussions him and woods on had before the game about if he felt discomfort? Any other player playing with an injury is gritty and tough. Melo does it and he is selfish?

Worry bout deron williams subpar ass season and the 12 Milly hunpreis got to be 12th man

He needed his knee drained but tried to tough it out last 2 games. Tweaked it down 30 and left, now he's officially getting it drained.

Not really making a point here, fan. Pretty straightforward deal that happens every so often in sports. Melo you spin it as selfish, rg3 is a warrior. Don't be the guy constructing or buying into these stupid narratives, writers like Woj have ruined themselves trying to push crap like it, at least they have in the eyes of many.

On the front page of the forum, I could only see the words "Carmelo Anthony is the most" in the title of the thread. With having no knowledge of the incident, I was still able to complete the thread title. He was selfish at Syracuse too ... this is nothing new .....

He needed his knee drained but tried to tough it out last 2 games. Tweaked it down 30 and left, now he's officially getting it drained.

Not really making a point here, fan. Pretty straightforward deal that happens every so often in sports. Melo you spin it as selfish, rg3 is a warrior. Don't be the guy constructing or buying into these stupid narratives, writers like Woj have ruined themselves trying to push crap like it, at least they have in the eyes of many.

He needed to have knee drained 2 days ago...it was Melo's decision to put it off until he played at his old team Devner...selfish is being kind.
Shame on the Knick for allowing Melo to make the decision.

He walked to the locker room because he had pain in his knee. How is that selfish? You privy to discussions him and woods on had before the game about if he felt discomfort? Any other player playing with an injury is gritty and tough. Melo does it and he is selfish?

Worry bout deron williams subpar ass season and the 12 Milly hunpreis got to be 12th man

Its simple. He could NOT PLAY

shocking i know... you know maybe put the teams future ahead of his ego to play in Denver

ponder that mokey

Deron knew he was doing his team a disservice by playing while hurt and he and the team thought it would be best for him to rest.

Exactly

If it was a 5 point game, there is no way in hell melo is walking to the locker room. NONE

So if its okay for him to do so in a blowout, there is something terribly wrong.

I gave him the benefit of the doubt the first time. But he and the team knows that it is going to be an ongoing issue. As a fan, im not sure how you can justify the team/player wanting to risk further injury just so the player can put his personal goals ahead of the team (playing in denver)... and now melo will sit for the rest of the road trip

the funny thing is, had melo not played the knicks would probably made the game a bit more respectable

and BOOM

Carmelo Anthony will get his right knee drained on Thursday and has no timetable for his return.
The Knicks will list him as day-to-day because that's what they do for everyone who has an injury on their team, but Anthony has no timetable to return. "It started stiffening up," Anthony said after he was forced from Wednesday's game in the third quarter. "Moving laterally, I didn't feel like I had any pop, any power." Anthony admitted he wouldn't have played if it wasn't his return to Denver, and in retrospect, it could prove to be a costly decision.

How does this compare in scale to a guy who can't walk refusing to get subbed out of a playoff game at the most important position in all of American sports? This happens all the time, guys try to fight through injury. Is it foolish? Yeah, but it happens. But to go into narrative calling one guy more selfish than another is biased and irresponsible. All these guys have been bred to so since they were 5 years old is to fucking compete until the wheels fall off, they know nothing else.

I'm going to agree that Carmelo Anthony is an extremely selfish player.. not because of leaving the court early, but because of how he plays. He isn't a team player like LeBron (and I'm certainly not a LeBron fan).

Back