Calling Jimmydafreak part deux....

Congrats to Auburn and Auburn backers!!!

WOW!!! That was brutal. I didn't expect the team with all the big game experience to completely collapse in every phase of the game: offense, defense, special teams and coaching. Unbelievable really.

The coaching was the most shocking. I'd give Saban a D- for his effort today

The coaching was the most shocking. I'd give Saban a D- for his effort today

They were terrible in every phase - plain and simple - and that includes the coaching staff. Too many mistakes by the coaching staff to list. A complete choke job.

really think this loss falls squarely on Saban.....I guess he was due for a major mental breakdown in a big game as he has been clutch over the years. How they were in the red zone numerous times tonight and came away with nothing pretty much sealed the deal today. Not sure why you go for it on 4th and 1 late when you can go up 2 scores, but than try an impossible kick at the end instead of going to OT......simply mindboggling.

really think this loss falls squarely on Saban.....I guess he was due for a major mental breakdown in a big game as he has been clutch over the years. How they were in the red zone numerous times tonight and came away with nothing pretty much sealed the deal today. Not sure why you go for it on 4th and 1 late when you can go up 2 scores, but than try an impossible kick at the end instead of going to OT......simply mindboggling.

It's not so much going for it as it is the play calling. Instead of staying aggressive and putting the game away, they ran the ball every play of that drive. The last two plays - 3rd down and 4th down - were run right into the heart of an 11-man box. They did the same thing in the A&M game at the goal line and Yeldon fumbled. That's just atrocious play calling. When you play not to lose, you deserve to lose. If you want to run it up the gut, spread the defense out by going 4 wides.

My thoughts exactly. I honestly can't remember a Saban coached team beating theirselves like that....and then the play calling at towards the end of the game. It was a big part in me picking them in this game. Shocking really as Bama had every chance to completely blow that game wife open. But Auburn found a way to stay in the game, and congrats

My thoughts exactly. I honestly can't remember a Saban coached team beating theirselves like that....and then the play calling at towards the end of the game. It was a big part in me picking them in this game. Shocking really as Bama had every chance to completely blow that game wife open. But Auburn found a way to stay in the game, and congrats

No question about it. You bet Alabama in that game thinking that they are the team with all the big game experience, and Alabama completely collapsed under the weight of the pressure in all phases of the game. The game was served to them on a silver platter on multiple occasions, and they could not take advantage. That's the aspect of the game that's so stunning.

You have to give Auburn credit though for doing what it took to win the game.

I'm reading a lot of excuses by Alabama fans. Auburn ran 52 times for 296 yards, a healthy 5.7 yards per clip. Any excuses for that? How about just saying that Malzahn outcoached the great Nick Saban, and the better team won? Much better form to just give props to the team that won instead of criticizing your own offense, defense, special teams, coaches, et al. There are far too many excuses in this thread post-game that I do not think would be appreciated by the Crimson Tide faithful had they been the winning team. Best wishes.

I'm reading a lot of excuses by Alabama fans. Auburn ran 52 times for 296 yards, a healthy 5.7 yards per clip. Any excuses for that? How about just saying that Malzahn outcoached the great Nick Saban, and the better team won? Much better form to just give props to the team that won instead of criticizing your own offense, defense, special teams, coaches, et al. There are far too many excuses in this thread post-game that I do not think would be appreciated by the Crimson Tide faithful had they been the winning team. Best wishes.

If your team missed 4 FGs, came away with 0 points on questionable playcalls after getting the ball on the opponents 25 and 35 yard lines, and lost the game on an 109 yard return on a missed FG as time expired, what would you be saying? That it was all the other team? Auburn was too good for Alabama to not capitalize when they had the chance. So yes, Gus outcoached Saban in the respect that he made fewer errors, but going for it on 4th and 2 from his own 37 with 10 minutes left in a tie game was an atrocious call and should have cost them the game. Alabama didn't make the plays when they needed to and Auburn did, all credit to their team.

I hate these kind of posts here because this is a gambling board and should have nothing to do with fans doing their rah rah shit. There are plenty of placed on the interwebz for that. But I guess we all got into wagering on this sport because of an allegiance to some team, so it definitely comes out occasionally.

By the way, my neighbors toilet papered their own trees to celebrate the win.

did you watch the game at all.....

I did give Auburn props, and there is no question that Malzahn out-coached Saban. It really wasn't even close IMO. That was a horrible coached game by Saban on many levels.

If your team missed 4 FGs, came away with 0 points on questionable playcalls after getting the ball on the opponents 25 and 35 yard lines, and lost the game on an 109 yard return on a missed FG as time expired, what would you be saying? That it was all the other team? Auburn was too good for Alabama to not capitalize when they had the chance. So yes, Gus outcoached Saban in the respect that he made fewer errors, but going for it on 4th and 2 from his own 37 with 10 minutes left in a tie game was an atrocious call and should have cost them the game. Alabama didn't make the plays when they needed to and Auburn did, all credit to their team.

I hate these kind of posts here because this is a gambling board and should have nothing to do with fans doing their rah rah shit. There are plenty of placed on the interwebz for that. But I guess we all got into wagering on this sport because of an allegiance to some team, so it definitely comes out occasionally.

The missed field goals was one of the areas where the fault lies squarely on the shoulders of Saban. Foster is a horrible field goal kicker. He cost Alabama the LSU game in 2011, and he cost Alabama this one. Alabama has an outstanding kicker sitting on the bench, and the only time Saban put him in the game was to attempt a 56-yard FG. Had Griffith attempted the other three he probably makes all three, but I guarantee you he makes at least two.

Griffith was consensus #1 kicker coming out of high school in 2012. He red shirted last season, so he has been available all season. That Cade Foster is kicking ahead of Adam Griffith is a travesty, and it cost Alabama the game.

I was at the CU/USC game last weekend and I was in the same suite as some kid from Mullen HS(I think) in Denver. He's going to Bama on a kicking scholly next year. Can't remember his name, about 6'3" and skinny as hell. Sounds like he's a good one though, comes out of some camp for kickers in addition to Mullen HS.

my team got worked by our rival tonight

But Auburn averaged 5.7ypc. Saban better either figure out a way to stop Malzahn as Auburn becomes more talented or he better head to Austin. That is a disgusting statistic. It doesn't reflect the game tonight necessarily but it shows that Auburn isn't going away

I can't believe that Alabama game is the only bet I lost the entire week. Finished 11 & 1, but the one cost me a 5-team parlay!!!

Thursday

Texas -4

Friday

ECU/Marshall O 64.5

Wazzu +17

NCAA Basketball

FSU +8

Saturday

KSU -17

AF/CSU O 59.5

Bama -6.5 (1st Half)

Bama -10

ND +16

Arizona/ASU O61

UFC

Chris Holdsworth

Julianna Pena

I feel your pain. I still had a profitable week even though Bama was my 2nd biggest wager of the whole year. And they also cost me my 3 team and 5 team parlay

But Auburn averaged 5.7ypc. Saban better either figure out a way to stop Malzahn as Auburn becomes more talented or he better head to Austin. That is a disgusting statistic. It doesn't reflect the game tonight necessarily but it shows that Auburn isn't going away

This is a true statement. Gus and Auburn aren't going anywhere, but I still think that offensive style puts more pressure on their own defense than a college team can overcome for an entire season. Auburn had 5.7 ypc, but Alabama had 6.2 ypc and outgained AU 495-393. Granted, that doesn't account for the 100+ yard return to win the game, but it's really hard to win against good teams when you don't play defense well.

Dwight, looks like it might be Alabama vs your boys down in South Beach. Actually a much better game than AU/Mizzou will get by winning SEC. I'll take our game over Central Florida in NOLA any day.

I live in SE Louisiana and Harvey Updyke now lives in my old hometown, about 3 miles from where I grew up, and where my parents still live. I'm concerned right now.

This is a true statement. Gus and Auburn aren't going anywhere, but I still think that offensive style puts more pressure on their own defense than a college team can overcome for an entire season. Auburn had 5.7 ypc, but Alabama had 6.2 ypc and outgained AU 495-393. Granted, that doesn't account for the 100+ yard return to win the game, but it's really hard to win against good teams when you don't play defense well.

Dwight, looks like it might be Alabama vs your boys down in South Beach. Actually a much better game than AU/Mizzou will get by winning SEC. I'll take our game over Central Florida in NOLA any day.

As a Clemson fan I want zero part of an angry Bama squad

I did give Auburn props, and there is no question that Malzahn out-coached Saban. It really wasn't even close IMO. That was a horrible coached game by Saban on many levels.
:shake:

It sucks Jimmy. Watching ball today. I am sitting here saying, "Wacky Rivalry Day"......

Aubbie may get screwed again yet tho

Emotion wise I am ready to see FSU and Auburn

lol

It is the SEC West. It aint gonna get any easier for any of us.

Auburn averaged 5.7 ypc with a completely one-dimensional offense. Imagine how good they'll be when they get a QB that can throw???

If everything stands and Ohio State wins this weekend, we are very likely looking at a Clemson/Bama Orange. Any guesses on a line? Bama -14?

I wonder if AU wins the SECCG and Ohio St goes to Pasadena if the Sugar Bowl tries to get a rematch in NOLA?

I wonder if AU wins the SECCG and Ohio St goes to Pasadena if the Sugar Bowl tries to get a rematch in NOLA?

Orange bowl will have first pick because they are replacing FSU who is the #1 team. They would take Bama most likely then Rose gets next pick (because they are replacing #2 Ohio State).

Sugar will most assuredly be Auburn/Mizzou if Ohio State wins this weekend. I've looked at this stuff way too closely in the last day lol.

Orange bowl will have first pick because they are replacing FSU who is the #1 team. They would take Bama most likely then Rose gets next pick (because they are replacing #2 Ohio State).

Sugar will most assuredly be Auburn/Mizzou if Ohio State wins this weekend. I've looked at this stuff way too closely in the last day lol.

The bowls that lose the auto bid have to take the #2 team from that conference, so Orange is stuck with Clemson and Rose with Michigan St. Not sure what the order is after that, but you'd think that whatever bowl gets first pick takes Alabama. Looking at the potential BCS matchups, none of them are particularly interesting.

Will bama even care about whatever bowl they get in? Will they even try?

Ask Michigan St. I think the fact that we get a "name" program instead of No Illy or UCF helps tremendously with focus, and I like the chances of AJ and CJ getting the team ready for their last game

Ask Michigan St. I think the fact that we get a "name" program instead of No Illy or UCF helps tremendously with focus, and I like the chances of AJ and CJ getting the team ready for their last game
in this case..its a little different..they are coming off of back to back bcs games...they don't have a lot to prove

Back