bullsheet - Playoff Edition

great to hear your insight, Taurus. I made EW higher and was all set to lay but your enthusiasm for Towson will leave me on the bench here.

Enjoy your holiday season, sir...

HUNT- You're good words as well as your mobile avatar are always welcome in my threads.

Yanks 27Sox8 - I do remember when it was . . . sox7. Yeah, I'm from Massachusetts.

Wheew ! ! One helluva ball game. I won it, then lost it , then put myself in position to win it, then sweated, almost had it lost, and finally won it.
Not sure it was deserved because EWU really controlled the LOS and the Towson running game did little, especially after 4Q.
I'm happy for anyone who cashed with me and for Rex, who might have avoided a loser.
As for MT Union, dead wrong in a huge mismatch. I just hope the plays, like mine, were small ones.

And I have to add this. When two games are running concurrently, why is it so damn difficult to go 2-0. ?
Wash St up 15 with the ball and get a first down to keep possession as the clock shows less than 1 qtr to play.
And they manage to lose the game 45-48 ! Fumbled the f-ing ball 3 straight times with one (correctly) overturned.
Sheesh, hasn't Leach ever heard of a knee?
Now I suppose USF, up 35-6, will blow it.

Looking ahead: As much as I admire Towson and several of their CAA brethren, I admire No Dakota St more. NDSU willl find Towson a more difficult adversary than UNH, but I think their defense is better than EWUs, and EMU was able to handle West & Co. But somehow, Frazier managed to scramble his way to the winning TD ( ATS ) and finally the winning TD SU. Final words, once again , try a total or give whatever points you must. I would not bet against NDSU.
Happy New year to all.
Thanks to Big Al et all for this terrific forum.

Nice job on Towson Bull. I was glad to see they pulled it out and really wanted to watch that game but was unable to. Hope you have a great holiday!

last posts were 1-1 , season total 102-82-1

FCS only plays, including Crossovers ,79-58-1 57.66%

not good enough to retire on, but a modest profit nonetheless.

FCS numbers include the playoffs 9-4

next year I will eliminate Division 2 and 3 playoffs. They were a losing proposition, I looked back a year and same thing.
Just not enough information out there to get a good feel, and at -120 these games are too hard to beat.

On to the FCS final.

Towson has been a good team to bet on. I think they are 10-5 ATS. They have been kind to me, and in such cases many - if not most of us - can become a bit sentimental toward a team that has endeared themselves. But Towson had difficulty with the running game against EWU in the semi-final. They will find it even tougher to run against the champs. On the other hand, Towson should prove a stronger opponent than New Hampshire was in the semis. Mid-season they beat UNH by 16, and the game was not that close based on what my eyes told me.

I'm not a totals guy and I'm not going to be much help because I'm not going to take a side either.

I think this will be the first time I have made a football bet like this. I think the likeliest thing to happen is that Coach Bohl and QB Jenson go out winners.
Wary of what had happened to Alabama, Baylor, and Arizona St , my play is

No Dakota St ML @ -500 v Towson - risking one normal (regular season) unit to make beer money.

GL and Good Health to all. I hope we see a good game.

Last edited:
No Dakota St ML @ -500 v Towson -

:shake:

I like it but I will have to have a little 'beer$$' on Towson +14.5 they have been to good to me not to give them a shot @ covering this game

GL and HappyNewYear MrBull

Back