BULLSHEET 2018- Week ZERO

bull

Coattailing Cheerleader
Just a few games to get us started for another season. I looked at three. Best game of the week is a FCS matchup between two conferences champs, N C A & T and Jacksonville St.
I found it hard to reach any conclusion on this game. Home team Jacks favored by seven. No common opponents that I could determine looking back a few years. Even the other league teams don't play one another with one exception, Tennessee St , and looking at that proved inconclusive. Good game to look at if in your TV viewing area. I pass.
Locally, we have Duquesne at U Mass. Home team was favoredly 23 1/2 when I first looked. Lot of points for a team to give when there are precious few games where they cover that number. On the other side, the Dukes suffered graduation losses and I read where their practices were not going well. U Mass has their most prominent players returning, they will have no trouble winning the game, and I finally decide to give the points. But when I went to bet, it was up to 28 1/2. I'm not one to give 5 scores . And UMass's biggest game of the season is coming up next week at Boston College, so they will not show anything exotic. Danger here of a back door cover. I'm passing.

This brings me to Wyoming at New Mexico State. Wyoming plays tougher schedule, has fared much better against common opponents , and both teams playing without key players, especially QB , from a year ago. Wyoming's Allen drafted #7 by Buffalo. This suggests perhaps a low scoring game. Wyoming's defense is the team's strength . And they had a huge + 24 in turnover differential a year ago. Maybe they are not so fortunate this season. The Aggies came on strong late last year, building up confidence. They are also playing as an independent this year, having
been booted out of the Sun Belt Conf. This is not a conference game for the Cowboys, whatever that may mean. I take it a s alight positive for the home Aggies.
New Mexico St +4 and game total Under 45 to start the season. Best of luck to all this year.

Last edited:
Have a good season Bull. Is the NMSU a typo or did you catch some early number somewhere or something?

Best of luck this year Bull. Should be two good defenses on the field in the Jax St game tonight and lean under 45.5 fwiw. Think both Gamecock QBs will get playing time and I'm concerned about their secondary, they're a young bunch (Bridges has to stay healthy) and will be at a serious heighth disadvantage versus the NC rangy WRs. I've always said the OVC is a weak conference and playoff time always proves that, but the MEAC is even worse. Cheers

Leaning towards the under in the rice vs prairie view game, given that rice is expected to employ more of a ground and pound style offense and prairie view just doesn’t have weapons to put points on the board. Anything I may be missing here?

Thanks!
CB

Back