bullsheet-10-2015

bull

Coattailing Cheerleader
Last Week was a good one for a lot of forum members 11-5
Season to date 48-33

This Week

N C State -4 @ B C - As good as the Eagles defense is, the offense is bad. Wolfpack should be able to cover here, even tho there is reason for them to be not their best after last week's game at Clemson

Cornell Big Red @ Dartmouth Big Green -Winless Cornell will notch loss number 8. Question is by how much. Oddsmakers say 5 touchdowns. Despite what you will see further down in this post, that is too many points for me to give. Besides, The Green gave their best effort at Harvard, losing by one in the last 40 seconds after leading all game. They also had a potential game winning FG blocked at the buzzer. Can't bet an outfit as bad as Cornell. After covering first three, they have lost ATS last four.
Choose your Color.

Central Conn +5 v St Francis - The host team is much improved this year and has quietly moved into title contention with surprise win over Bryant earlier in season. Winner of this game should get no worse than tie for Northeast Conf title.

Villanova -14
@ Rhode Island - Wildcats best should beat one win URI in what has been a disappointing season

Stony Brook -26 v Howard - Big difference in S O S and the two leagues they play in.Stony should break 5 game losing streak against the team that allowed 76 points to offensively challenged B C ina game that was shortened 10 minutes by mutual agreement.

Bucknell +19 @ Fordham - Excuse the Rams if they are a bit deflated ( a common word these days here in New England) after last week's loss to Colgate, which probably cost them the league title. Bucknell's defense down a notch or two this year but I'm counting on them to keep this one inside 3 TD's.

Morehead +6 v Dayton Here is another very much improved team, and they catch the Flyers after their huge win over Jacksonville last week.

Eastern Illinois St +10 1/2 v Jacksonville St - Host team on a 5 game win streak; visitor on 6. This looks like a pretty even match up to me even though the oddsmakers don't agree.

V M I +23 @ The Citadel - Citadel in classic look ahead situation to game with Chattanooga next. Teams aren't beating up on the Keydets like they used to under first year coach Wachenheim. ( Someone please fill in his first name)

Illinois St -1 @ South Dakota St -Redbirds on a roll after opening day loss to Iowa. A win here against the formidable but less consistent Jackrabbits will likely get them the league championship.

Furman+7 1/2 v West Carolina - Both teams have lost to the teams that should beat them and both win those they should. FWIW ( maybe not much) the Purple Paladins have one FBS scalp, Central Florida. I'll take a TD to start here.

Gardner Webb +25 @ Coastal Carolina -Hosts seldom lose this big and Chanticleers come off deflating loss (there is that word again) to Charleston So last week, likely costing them league championship

Liberty -13 v Presbyterian - The Flames claim the scalps of Montana and FBS Georgia St and if they avoid the bad game they had at Monmouth , they should have no trouble with the last place Blue Hose

Mercer +15 1/2 v Chattanooga - Why should the Moccs get up for this one with the conf championship per se v Citadel coming up next week. Losers of 5 straight, Mercer's losses have been by 1 ( ot ), 2 , 2, 3, and 7.

Northern Arizona +10 1/2 @ Eastern Wash- This is not Vernon Adams EWU team. Still perhaps favored in the big Sky, they have squeaked by lesser by two and one point their last two. NAU has beaten those same two during the same two weeks by 16 and 26. Why not take 10 1/2 points ?

I'm not tailing here, because Timh and I see these alike. He has the better numbers, however. But I'm on board

Portland St -21 1/2 @ No Colorado You do remember that PSU beat Wazzou in the season opener, don't you. Some have called them the best team in Oregon. If they don't repeat their mysterious loss to No Dakota ( NOT No Dakota St ) they should have little trouble here.

Youngstown -32 v Missouri St Coach Bo Pelini should be licking his chops here. A great spot to impress the alums at his new residence, where he doesn't have to face Wisconsin and Iowa every year.

Cal Poly -20 v Sacramento St - Cal Poly the best 2-5 team in the country. Sac State, at 2-6, one of the worst.

Another week like 9 would be nice, for me and for all. Some risky picks in this slate, which I'm sure y'all recognize. GL

Last edited:
Crush it Bull...must read thread

Thanks, mr s. I haven't seen your FCS selections yet so I may add some unposted plays GL

Have added games in Post #1 I'd repeat them here, but I forget where I left off before dinner. Please check Post 1.

Back