bull sheet- Week 3, 2018

bull

Coattailing Cheerleader
last Week 8-10; left some goodies off the sheet and posted only my stronger plays. Sorry 'bout that. Season to date 15-17
Starting Week 3 with a couple of my local teams.
WAKE FOREST +6 1/2 V B C - Deacons the winning side last 4 years and 8 of last 10 in this annual classic. Taking the home dog. LOSER
And another home dog
HARVARD +5 1/2 V San Diego U. Lok for Harvard to bounce back after a so-so 2017. San Diego travels cross country for a morning kick-off
following a 30 point drubbing from UC Davis. Last Year they travelled cross country after a similar drubbing from UCD and lost to Ivy foe Princeton. WINNER

Leaning favorites this week for whatever that means. Doesn't make me happy but we'll see.
Adding
YALE -11 1/2 @ Holy Cross - Eli 32-0 winners a year ago have most f their weapons back. HC licking wounds from last week's unfortunate match-up with B C. LOSER
And I like betting against first time first year head coaches.
DUQUESNE -10 1/2 v Dayton - This largely a fade of Dayton who lost lead when giving up 3 late 4Q Touchdowns at SE Missouri last week.LOSER
VILLANOVA -6/12 v Towson - In down years Wildcats have had their way with this team . They appear to be back as a contender.LOSER
DELAWARE -9 1/2 v Cornell - Look for up and coming Blue Hens to repeat last year's 27 point win over Ivy League also-ran. Ivy League opening games this week helps WINNER

AUSTIN PEAY -24 1/2 v Morehead St. - A P new power in Ohio Valley . Hung a 50 point beating on Morehead a year ago as away team . This one at home.WINNER

Friday Night adds
MARYLAND -16 LOSER
FLORIDA ST -3 LOSER
LSU +10 1/2 WINNER
NEW MEXICO -3 WINNER
BUFFALO -3 +100 WINNER
NORTHWESTERN -21 LOSER

See post #18 for brief elaboration

Good luck fellow CG members.

Last edited:
Thoughts on FBS vs. FCS?

Utah St. -44 (for fun)
Rhode Island PK @ UCONN
E. Washington +18.5 @ WSU

Thanks mr B A R. You run a great site. (Liked your old avatars better )
Thank you my captain. Looking for some winners in your "Plays" thread.
mr spooks - I almost played Utah st. Go for it.
I'm likely to play URI. Last time I looked they were getting 10 pts at 5D
I like your west coast play. Likely will tale you.
GL

Have added 5 FAVORITES in Post One

YALE -11 1/2 @ Holy Cross
DUQUESNE -10 1/2 Vv Dayton
VILLANOVA -6 1/2 v Towson
DELAWARE -9 1/2 v Cornell
AUSTIN PEAY -24 1/2 v Morehead St

That's about it for FCS

I think years ago you gave me "keepers" and another site I thought was sports network. Keepers is no longer active and sports network doesn't seem to have the FCS stuff anymore.

I have been to this Hero Sports site a few times for FCS - https://herosports.com/fcs-football

Do you care to share any good sites you use that has good stuff on the FCS teams? I like to think someday I might follow Ivy League football, seems like something I would enjoy.

I think years ago you gave me "keepers" and another site I thought was sports network. Keepers is no longer active and sports network doesn't seem to have the FCS stuff anymore.

I have been to this Hero Sports site a few times for FCS - https://herosports.com/fcs-football

Do you care to share any good sites you use that has good stuff on the FCS teams? I like to think someday I might follow Ivy League football, seems like something I would enjoy.

Not trying to speak for Bull but I saw this do thought I'd respond.

http://www.fcs.football/fcsfront.asp

http://www.collegesportsmadness.com/fcs-football

http://www.anygivensaturday.com/forumdisplay.php?2-FCS-Discussion

Also love the team homepages.

Keepers is at http://www.keepratings.net/

mr s--k . I still use Keepers. Google "Keepers football" and it should get you there. I also look at Sagarin.
Sports Network was great but is no longer viable.
I sometimes google Craig Haley, who used to be on that Sports Network site and he picked winners (no points) on all the games. I looked at him this year and he only picked top 25.
I rely on these sites as a check on myself to see if I am way off base. I seldom use them to select my plays; i check Keepers and Sagarin after I select but before I bet.
Come back at me if you have trouble with Keepers.

Thanks Captain. I didn't know about those. And yes, I do find team sites helpful.

Welcome aboard , Tim. Thanks for giving s--k better info than i did.
Gotta tell you this.
Last week I picked the over in the Southern Utah - Oregon State game all by myself. And it won. :cheers3: My virgin totals win that I didn't coattail.
Whooopeee

Someone I know is going to Bucknell at Penn (penn is -14.5) and asking for my advice on who to take (I hate when this happens). Looks like the bison have two games under their belt to Penn 0 and both losses at least look like the defense wasn't horrible. Do you lean any way on that one?

Someone I know is going to Bucknell at Penn (penn is -14.5) and asking for my advice on who to take (I hate when this happens). Looks like the bison have two games under their belt to Penn 0 and both losses at least look like the defense wasn't horrible. Do you lean any way on that one?
My initial SOP take was Penn, and I was going to include it on the sheet. The zero games played vs two games played told me to back off.
Bucknell's two games were not remarkable. Loss to Wm & Mary 7-14, spread was a little higher, game at home. W & M not very good ( see Virginia Tech )- last place team in a stronger league.
Bucknell lost to Sacred Heart at home 14-30 spread was , a TD as I recall, and I almost played Bucknell but passed instead.
Bucknell was a 34-31 winner last year, also at home. Sacred Heart's other game this year was a 35-6 win over dismal Lafayette while a 6 pt fav.
Bucknell went 5-6 last year with no notable wins, Sacred Heart included.
Penn have not opened the season well at all. 4-8 last dozen years. They covered the spread in two close losses to Villanova but that was ten years ago. They did not beat the spread in any games they won, most f them against Lafayette.
Last time Penn & Bucknell played was 2010 in Game #4 for Penn. Quakers won 31-10.
Penn won its last 4 games last season, beating two decent elevens, Princeton and Harvard, and the two bottom feeders- Cornell and Brown. Their best game was a loss to league champ Yale 19-24. Game was in Philly.
I am not playing this game. Looks like no matter which side you choose, it probably is the wrong one. Penn the better team, no doubt. Three scores better ? ? ?
Tell your friend to play on whichever team they want to root for. Being a dog lover, I would probably take points.
Other questions, shoot. :shake:

My initial SOP take was Penn, and I was going to include it on the sheet. The zero games played vs two games played told me to back off.
Bucknell's two games were not remarkable. Loss to Wm & Mary 7-14, spread was a little higher, game at home. W & M not very good ( see Virginia Tech )- last place team in a stronger league.
Bucknell lost to Sacred Heart at home 14-30 spread was , a TD as I recall, and I almost played Bucknell but passed instead.
Bucknell was a 34-31 winner last year, also at home. Sacred Heart's other game this year was a 35-6 win over dismal Lafayette while a 6 pt fav.
Bucknell went 5-6 last year with no notable wins, Sacred Heart included.
Penn have not opened the season well at all. 4-8 last dozen years. They covered the spread in two close losses to Villanova but that was ten years ago. They did not beat the spread in any games they won, most f them against Lafayette.
Last time Penn & Bucknell played was 2010 in Game #4 for Penn. Quakers won 31-10.
Penn won its last 4 games last season, beating two decent elevens, Princeton and Harvard, and the two bottom feeders- Cornell and Brown. Their best game was a loss to league champ Yale 19-24. Game was in Philly.
I am not playing this game. Looks like no matter which side you choose, it probably is the wrong one. Penn the better team, no doubt. Three scores better ? ? ?
Tell your friend to play on whichever team they want to root for. Being a dog lover, I would probably take points.
Other questions, shoot. :shake:

thanks for the response bull

Friday night adds
MARYLAND -16 Lot of respect for Terps under very trying circumstances while Temple has shown nothing
FLORIDA ST -3 Just not convinced that this team with all its talent has regressed this far. If that is correct, they shouldn't lose here.
L S U +10/1/2 I faded them a week ago on the assumption that this is the game they were looking forward to. Hope that is correct.
NEW MEXICO -3 Lobos should win this game more than they do. So far, NMSU looks awful and this is the year they lose to their interstate rival.
BUFFALO -3 +100 I see Buffs as an improving team vs opponent that is due for a letdown after last week's big win where they got a lot of help from Purdue,
NORTHWESTERN -21 Wildcats step way down in class and the offense should be ready to show us something this week.

Get em Bull, hope Terps come through for us, played Buff at worse number -4. LSU gm just can't figure out, going to stay away. Played FSU over no opine on side. BOL.

Oh dear. Another unsatisfying week. Sorry. I even had 3 favorites lose SU at -21, -16, and -7 1/2. Ugh. Must do better.

Back