Browns Players Reactions to Quinn

Well, let's be honest here, Brady will redo his contract long before he gets the Browns anywhere near a SB. Big Ben happened into a situation where there was a lot of talent on both sides of the ball and along the line, the Browns aren't there yet.

They've got zero consistency on the line, their defense is getting strong in the back, but is wobbly up front, and their offense still needs to get on track.

This team, at best, is two years away from the playoffs. By that point, if he's the guy it will be clear and he'll have his deal redone.

As for his workouts, hell, he impressed me at the combines, but so did Mike Mamula.

I love the fact that he's played in big games every single week for his entire career. I think that can only help him.

I'd just feel better if he won more of the biggest of those games than he lost.

We'll see, but right now I can pretty much guarantee you he's behind both Charlie and Derek Anderson on the depth chart.

He'll probably beat out DA by opening day, but I still see Charlie starting that first game, probably a good five to eight before they start looking at Quinn.

Oh, and if I'm not mistaken, the Browns first game is at home vs. Pittsburgh.

They win that game.

Period.

Joe, i am in agreement, i already moneylined it.

I don't think quinn really played in that many big games, but i usually only remember the big games he messed up. (bowl games)

I think charlie frye starts and anderson comes in about week 5 then quinn gets the nodd about week 7 or 8. The longer he watches on the bench the better it will be in the long term.

C-Gold: What espn video, is it on NFL live?

The first Brady Quinn game I can ever remember, was against Michican either his freshman or sophmore year. Michigan was heavy favorites in the big house ( I bet on Michigan), but this either freshman or sophmore fucker #10 from Notre Dame tore them up and lost me money.

I thought I'd keep my eye out for that all american quarterback... and I did.

When Jermarcus Russell was a freshman, he was terrible. Last year he tore up a shitty ND defense, but where was he when he played Florida last year? He shit the bed

quinns freshman year at the big house he was 3-10 for 36 yards and an int

his juinor year michigan was ranked #3 and got fucked real bad by a couple of bogus calls that led to the field being littered with water bottles/ cups / anything that could be thrown.
i forget the plays but im pretty sure one was a fumble (by brady) on the goalline that he was incorrectly ruled down on.

in that game he was 19/30 for 140 yards and 2 tds dunno if he really tore them up....

quinns overrated

I think charlie frye starts and anderson comes in about week 5

You say that because you think he'll get hurt that fast or because DA will somehow beat him out/he'll lose the job?

I doubt he loses the job to DA, if he gets hurt that's one thing. But I think if at any point he's going to lose the job it will be to Brady.

Last year he tore up a shitty ND defense, but where was he when he played Florida last year? He shit the bed

Easy there, that Florida defense had some absolute studs on it. Just ask OSU. Chomp. Chomp.

CLEVELAND (AP) — With Cleveland's quarterback derby a dead heat, Browns coach Romeo Crennel is flipping a coin to decide if Charlie Frye or Derek Anderson starts Saturday's exhibition game against Kansas City.

"That's the fairest way," he said.

Who makes the call, coach?

"Maybe we'll play rock, paper, scissors for that," Crennel cracked.

A hopscotch tournament is not planned.

And Brady Quinn's smiling face isn't on the coin, either.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/football/nfl/browns/2007-08-10-qb-choice_N.htm

Maybe it was Quinns sophmore year, I do remember him beating Michigan and me losing money.

Romeo needs to grow a pair of fuckings balls, and name Chuck Frye his starter. You don't act arbitrarily, and you don't play games with your quarterback. The leader has to be definitive, whther your right or wrong. Nobody will be always right, but make your call and stick with it. He will be fired at this pace.

I don't think Frye is that bad of a player. I would like him as a backup, and I wouldn't mind him learning on my bench. I don't think he's that bad, but you have to remember the cast of players around him. He's not surrounded by the 99 rams or anything so you have to take that into account. Consider him say an average player, on a bad offense, so he looks somewhere between bad and average which isn't very good.

I don't think Derek Anderson is very good from what I saw out of him. Frye was a better player, but on that team, I can't see them winning enough games. Quinn would have to be the long term answer, but I would want him on the bench at LEAST 75% of the season... 12 games, with a max possible start of 4 games. If you were playing say Baltimore, Pittsburgh on the road that time, I wouldn't even bother, despite the media crying that " the season is done already, just give him that experiece". Sometimes, no experience is better than getting sacked on your ass 8 times.

Back