Brett Favre asks to be released

just was going to post this... what a p.o.s.

I wish Ted Thompson had the balls to bring Favre back (there's cap room) and just bench his ass all season.

Doesn't even want to play for Green Bay... just wants to be released. Should change his name to Benedict Arnold. Have the balls Teddy T to make him sit and fuck with him like he has to the organization.

didnt see this coming. where the fuck could he go and have a better shot at a SB? surely this isn't about monies

bye bye legacy. Doing the same thing Montana, Namath, you name it. They all did it. They all failed. They all suck.

Sorry Fondy

But having the vikings get Farve, would forever make any Vikings fan's life.

To quote my buddy "Really, what they should do is cut him now. Let him sign with the Vikings, and then beat his ass on Monday night. The Packers Defense can be the ones that finally snap his leg and his starting streak."

what a dumbfuck. pack made him look good last season and are obviously set up to contend in the NFC, yet he decides to retire and eventually boxes himself into the position where he wants to leave and go to a shittier situation.

Fuck him...if I were the Packers Id gift wrap him and drive him up to Minny...hes the most overrated QB ever...let him end your rival's season with an inevitable dumbass interception

Fuck this guy. Let him do what he wants. Totally agree let him sign with the Vikins and beat his ass down on MNF. He fucked himself over with Packer fans with retiring in the first place. Should have just stayed

Fuck him...if I were the Packers Id gift wrap him and drive him up to Minny...hes the most overrated QB ever...let him end your rival's season with an inevitable dumbass interception

Hes a close second to Donovan McNabb IMO

I can't believe how many people that are attacking the Green Bay organization and Ted T. for not welcoming Favre back with open arms. This all comes down to Favre being a dick.

Mort: Favre Wants Out Of Green Bay

Only days after Brett Favre told the Packers he wants to play next season, sources told Chris Mortensen that the quarterback has asked Green Bay for his unconditional release. Story

this is soooooo sweet. bout time Packers fans turned on Favre.

and its Spelled FAVRE

change the title of the thread

I can't believe how many people that are attacking the Green Bay organization and Ted T. for not welcoming Favre back with open arms. This all comes down to Favre being a dick.

he's a dick because he can still play and the organization doesn't want him?

please fondy. Your really going to tell a man like Favre who's accomplished what he has to fuck off? Uh, no he's earned the right to do what the fuck he wants to do at his age. Its kinda surprising that someone/anyone would try and tell a man what he can and can't do.

He's a NFL QB. HOw many people get to be QBs in the NFL? Why the hell should anyone think they have the right to tell Favre what to do? If he's still got it then strap the fuck up and get out there. The Packers are going to rue the day they pushed Favre out and its going to come back to haunt them.

he thought this would be the easiest way out so no one got mad at him. he wanted to make it look like the packers didn't want him back.

please fondy. Your really going to tell a man like Favre who's accomplished what he has to fuck off? Uh, no he's earned the right to do what the fuck he wants to do at his age. Its kinda surprising that someone/anyone would try and tell a man what he can and can't do.

He's a NFL QB. HOw many people get to be QBs in the NFL? Why the hell should anyone think they have the right to tell Favre what to do? If he's still got it then strap the fuck up and get out there. The Packers are going to rue the day they pushed Favre out and its going to come back to haunt them.

Yeah but the thing is why even retire in the first place. He rushed his judgment and now he regrets it and wants to come back but looks like a dick doing so since the organization has already moved on. Why not just say your coming back when half the damn country already knew the same thing the moment you retired. He even knew it. A week later he was saying theres a chance etc. He fucked up and now hes paying for it. Give me 5 more years of Aaron Rodgers over 1 more of Favre (And this is coming from probably the biggest Favre backer on this board, Im just sick and tired of the whole thing)

HATTIESBURG, Miss -- Three days after a conference call with Green Bay Packers team officials on Tuesday in which quarterback Brett Favre emphatically expressed his desire to play in 2008, Favre on Friday formally asked for his contractual release from the Packers in a letter, sources close to Favre and the team said.
The letter was sent by Favre's agent, James "Bus" Cook, via overnight mail on Thursday and arrived at the Packers facility Friday morning.

Cook, on behalf of Favre, expressed a desire to have an amicable parting, as the Packers have been reluctant to embrace his return. Favre announced his retirement in early March.

During a conference call on Tuesday that included Packers general manager Ted Thompson, Packers coach Mike McCarthy, Favre and Cook, sources say that the quarterback stated emphatically that he wanted to play again.
Favre was reminded by the Packers' brass that it was in March when the quarterback said publicly and privately that he wasn't 100 percent committed to football, sources said. Favre acknowledged his state of mind at the time, but added that he never felt he was a 100 percent committed in March of previous years, either. Favre felt he had to make a decision to retire because the Packers were pressing him for an answer, a source said.
During the same conference call on Tuesday, neither Thompson nor McCarthy were openly receptive or enthused about Favre's desire to un-retire, the sources said, prompting Favre to direct Cook to request his release from the Packers. Favre has three years remaining on his contract for a total of $39 million. He currently is on the reserve-retired list.
Favre wants a mutual parting rather than having to force the Packers' hand by writing a letter to request his reinstatement to the active 80-man roster. Under league policy, the team would have to comply or release him.
Cook's letter did suggest that Favre's accomplishments for the franchise merited the team honoring his request to be released, also asking that the action be taken "with no strings attached." Favre does not want to be traded, sources said, because he wants the freedom of choice to play for any other franchise.
Favre has been in communication with McCarthy during the past month about his desire to play but until this week had not spoken with Thompson.
Neither Thompson nor McCarthy were available for comment on Friday.
Favre did not wish to speak publicly about his situation when approached while working out Friday morning at a local high school in Hattiesburg. He appeared to be in excellent physical condition and threw the ball with ease, even throwing a football 50 yards "on a rope" with high school receivers. He has been throwing and running with the team for more than a month.
Favre was relaxed and in a positive frame of mind, joking and telling stories about himself, former teammates and coaches. He planned to continue working out next week.

I think Favre has more than just 1 year left in him.

Right now i take Favre without a question over Rodgers. But GB obviously can't right now.

Wonder where he goes :popcorn:

How bout San Diego? They would instantly have to become the best team in the NFL. Rivers is shit anyways

He's a dick for saying he doesn't want to play. His heart isn't in it anymore. He can't give a 100% commitment. So the Packers spend the last 5 months grooming his replacement, drafting 2 QB's in the draft, and changing the offense.

Now Favre says he wants to come back. The Packers are in a no-win situation. Teddy T has built Green Bay to be a team to compete for years and now you're going to have Packer Nation split, say nothing about the locker room... That's a selfish move by Brett Favre.

"Your really going to tell a man like Favre who's accomplished what he has to fuck off?" I'll gladly say that to him, but Ted T already has done that. He's accomplished a ton and I've always supported him. Supported him when he was bitching about Javon Walker and being selfish, supported him when his wife had cancer, when he was a drunken drug user... Even supported him in his accomplishment of making a boneheaded throw that ended Green Bay's 2007 season. "At this age" he has earned the right to have his number retired, nothing more. In terms or telling a man what he can and can't do... oh please... he's under contract that he signed. He's been well compensated. He made the decision what he was doing. Now he wants to take that all back? Anything that the Packers do to "help Favre" will hurt the team. Help Favre out all you can, but don't be at the expense of the organization.

he thought this would be the easiest way out so no one got mad at him. he wanted to make it look like the packers didn't want him back.

I can't help but feel he's manipulated this since the beginning. So much spin here I need to take some dramamine. He's splitting the Packers locker room, the fans opinion, and making moving on from him so much harder. I'd feel 10x better if he never retired and asked to be traded right away. Not this whole I'm not wanted shit.

I think Favre has more than just 1 year left in him.

Right now i take Favre without a question over Rodgers. But GB obviously can't right now.

Wonder where he goes :popcorn:

Lions, Falcons, Dolphins, Redskins, Cardinals, Bears

Once he gets to the playoffs its a complete meltdown anyways. He puts so much pressure on himself. Hes like the Kevin Garnett of the NFL. Total psycho. Theres the 6INT game against St Louis in the playoffs, The "Duck Hail Mary" in the 4th and 26 game, and the horrible decision last year.

Cook's letter did suggest that Favre's accomplishments for the franchise merited the team honoring his request to be released, also asking that the action be taken "with no strings attached." Favre does not want to be traded, sources said, because he wants the freedom of choice to play for any other franchise.

This is the shit that pisses me off - all about you now. You want to go elsewhere, go to the AFC and play there.

Anyone know what type of cap hit the Packers would take if they released Favre?

wow, sad day for us packers fans i gotta say. what pisses me off is the media saying shit how he should've took time to decide whether or not he wanted to retire, when every fucking day on nfl live for the last 3 years they have nothing else to talk about, so they just bring up the old, "well favre's gotta hurry up and make up his mind." then ask the "expert analysts" the same fucking question 900 times, is favre holding this team hostage, he has to make up his mind in 2 weeks doesnt he? they never had anything to talk about in the offseason so they decide to talk about the most known figure inthe nfl just draw ratings. its all bullshit. i dont think we need nfl live shows in the middle of summer just to have a show. its pretty sad how the media needs stuff to talk and write about so they just pick at the same things year after year and put pressure on an organization to make up its mind. it reallly is pathetic.

as a die-hard packers fan/favre fan this whole situation is pretty tough to take. i was hoping after last weeks reports, they would just take him back for one last year and one last run. however, they dont want him (i dont know why) so they should just part ways, release him, and move on. he'll go to a contender, if anywhere. and they will bring in an inexperienced qb for a now struggle to make the playoffs run. packers messed up here.

Lions, Falcons, Dolphins, Redskins, Cardinals, Bears

Falcons & Dolphins don't make much sense to me... nor Cardinals... Don't see him in Chicago (unless he's that pissed at GB organization). Lions don't really see... Minny would be my best guess and I hope someone on Monday night ends his "career."

I am going to go with Minny, San Diego, or Houston (real longshot)

Back