Brees or Romo

Tide High

p90sex
Most will say Romo, I think. I'm loving Brees though. I have to take 1 with the 1st pick in a keeper league with huge QB #s. what would you do. Going to try to get the Colston Brees combo or the Witten Romo combo. draft is sunday. can't decide.

go for the brees, colston, witten combo....

i'll be trying to get witten in my leagues - IMO he's the #2 TE behind Gates... :shake:

I have grown up a Saints fan, but contrary to what many believe, I do not like drafting Saints players because I want to root them on without having to think about fantasy points. This year is my first yr having a Saints player on my team (Colston) because the league format I am in is heavy toward WR's.

My opinion: Brees

Romo has a running game and Romo has a decent defense on the other side of the ball, which in turn could lead to more running plays called in order to eat the clock.

Brees has a running game as long as Deuce is healthy. Bush can't do shit without another RB to complement him. Deuce gets hurt every season (seriously, I do not think he has logged a completely healthy season since entering the NFL in 2003). Pierre Thomas is more than capable of carrying the load as well as Stecker, but Payton won't give them the chance. Payton is an ex QB coach, so he has a pass heavy mentality. One of the things that drives me completely insane about Payton's shit play calling is that he passes on 1st down often. Whether it is complete or incomplete, we run on 2nd down either as a short yardage play if prior play was complete or as a misdirection play if prior play was incomplete. We fail on our 2nd down runs for the most part meaning 3rd down is another passing situation. And a small amount of the time, we will pass on all three downs, which uses 1:00 of the clock for our entire offensive possession because Payton sucks donkey balls. Also, Brees has Shockey this yr. I'm sure Shockey will pull a Deuce and get hurt early and often, but Brees targets his TE more than any other QB over the last half decade or so.

All in all, it is a toss up as I think you will get your production from both Romo and Brees, I vote for Brees because he is a bigger part of his offense, which is a pass heavy offense, where Romo has Barber to hand off to.

that's where i'm at believe. can't tell them apart. i see more yardage for brees, more tds for romo.

i guess a good question is who is more likely to get hurt? i'd say brees because dallas should have the run game to slow up the pass rush.

btw its draft day, and i'm gonna ream these mothafuckers. 1st pick in an NFL style draft. my competition is the last pick, who kept Moss and AP, and the 3rd to last pick, guy who kept Lynch and LT. i've got addai and westbrook.

any comments on combos? i think i remember hearing you said u didn't like QB+WR combos believe. any insight? brees+colston would be good or bad? or romo+witten

btw its draft day, and i'm gonna ream these mothafuckers. 1st pick in an NFL style draft. my competition is the last pick, who kept Moss and AP, and the 3rd to last pick, guy who kept Lynch and LT. i've got addai and westbrook.

any comments on combos? i think i remember hearing you said u didn't like QB+WR combos believe. any insight? brees+colston would be good or bad? or romo+witten

GIVE IT TO THEM!:whip:

6 points
Plus 2 points for a PaTD of 40 to 59 Yds
Plus 4 points for a PaTD of 60 to 79 Yds
Plus 6 points for a PaTD of 80+ Yds

0+ PaYds = 1 point for every 25 PaYds
Plus a 5 point bonus @ 300+ PaYd
Plus a 5 point bonus @ 500+ PaYd

seems like that scoring favors romo. if there was a +5 for 400 yard games i think i'd take brees. romo should have much more opportunity for long TDs with TO

probably gonna go QB WR WR WR WR because i think i can find late RB value because of the lack of knowledge the guys in this league have. I have 2 4th round picks. we start 3WR and 2RB

GIVE IT TO THEM!:whip:

owned.

keepers:
Addai
Westbrook

Draft
Brees
Wayne
Calvin Johnson
Steve Smith
Santonio Holmes
Crayton

Tony Shef

Thomas Jones
DeAngelo Williams
Chris Johnson

Green Bay DEF

forgot to get akicker so i'm dropping Chris Johnson unless someone gets hurt and i can move them to an injured slot before the season starts.

money;money;money;

Back