Breeder's Cup 2018 at Churchill Downs

That is a good payoff. I had totally forgotten about it. Was hoping they did more horse to horse match ups vs the US vs Euro.

Loved code of honor here but he's scratched. Stuck on deciding on the two faves. It came down to who I'd rather own. So I'll go with #6 Complexity.

Race 9) Trifecta

Mate East Coast folks hate Baffert. I get it. But that's not a smart betting strategy, the swag is real

Heading out for the day. No idea how he turf course will play or how much it's dried out from yesterday. Here are my two plays for the day.

Sprint Limo Liberal. Horse for Course

Classic Yoshida. So many ways you can go in this race. Accelerate is dominant right now, but his only loss this year was outside of Cali. Think McKinzie and Catholic Boy will also be heard from. Yoshida didn't beat much in his dirt debut and may not be a 1 1/4 mile horse, but I guess we'll find out today. Maybe he's a dirt horse? Worth a shot.

Prices I'm working with today for win potential:

Race 3 - Finleysluckycharm - loves this course
Race 6 - Eziyra - Frankie needs to work out a trip from the 14 but...
Race 10 - Channel Maker - if yet another Arc winner comes up short, he's got as much class as anyone.

Typical Mike Smith ride on a heavy favorite, four wide around the turn and fanning out in the stretch. Somehow Ortiz on the 14 gets inside him and saves enough ground to win by a head.

Watches Catalina Cruiser run like a mule......quietly scratches Accelerate off the Classic contenders list.

Oh wow, that is THE Stephanie Seymour. I see why it took Brant 30 years to get his second BC Trophy....he was working on getting a different kind of trophy.

Nice call on Roy H. I do get tired of watching Peter Miller's win reactions. He reminds of the guy that called Seinfeld a phony and argued with George about the parking space.

Gotta love a sport where guys in their 40's and 50's get to excel at the highest level. Hell, Tony Black won another race at Parx just last week.....he's 67!

Bad day so far for the Baffert-Smith connection, an noncompetitive oh for two. McKinzie the last chance.

Back