Breeders cup 2016

GameHunter

Pretty much a regular
FRIDAY
SANTA ANITA

JUVENILE TURF
RACE 6
5:25 EST

Big field and position is important with quick run to first turn.

#1 LANCASTER BOMBER - Draws a very favorable post position on this course in his first US race and adds first time lasix. Improved dramatically in his last. Aidan O'Brien is dangerous with these Euro shippers.

#13 OSCAR PERFORMANCE - Was in hand easing up at wire two back in a 10 1/4 length victory. Doesn't draw well outside but has the early speed to get situated well before the first turn. Well rested.

#11 GOOD SAMARITAN - Nice win at Woodbine with a sold figure. Well rested. Closing style could get into traffic problems.

#14 TICONDEROGA - Draws horribly diminishing his chances. Good turf breeding and they didn't spend $850,000 to buy him because he lacks ability. Wish he drew a better post. Not without a chance though.

#4 FAVORABLE OUTCOME - Bit of an "X" factor. First time on turf. Strong dirt numbers and Chad Brown does well with these types. However, turf breeding is not strong. Not without a chance but tough for me to use on top.

Playing mostly #1 and #13 on top. Saving with 11 and 14.

DIRT MILE
RACE 7
6:05 EST

Quick run into the first turn affects horses on outside negatively.

#3 DORTMUND - Solid in all 3 races this year without a win. Consider this a solid drop down as all three of those races were won by California Chrome, who is the heavy favorite in the $6 million Classic. 8 wins in 13 career starts. Baffert is firing well now as a trainer. Strong sheet numbers. HEAVY FAVORITE. Something would have to go awry for him to lose.

#1 VYJACK - Solid on grass lately but has shown solid numbers on dirt in the past. Draws a very good rail position. Should get a ground saving trip for his closing style.

#9 GUN RUNNER - Three year old gets slight break in weights but draws poorly. Had a perfect trip in the Pennsylvania Derby and was still outkicked by winner in his 2nd place finisher. Steadily improving but has his work curt out for him with the bad draw

#8 TAMARKUZ - Ran a lifetime best last out but is winless in his 6 US races. Has faced some solid competition. May be tough for a 6 year old to pair up two top efforts in less than a month. Could get a piece.

#7 RUNHAPPY - Outstanding figures but more of a sprinter stretching out now to a mile. 7 wins in 9 lifetime races is impressive but this is just his 2nd race this year and this could be asking for much. Excellent early speed and could be a bit of an early nuisance to Dortmund. Just don't see him sticking around late.

Can't get past #3 DORTMUND. Small saver with 1 and 9 on top.

JUVENILE FILLY TURF
RACE 8
6:50 EST

Big field with quick run into first turn. Could affect outside horses. Wide open race and could see a solid price on winner. I used as many as 7 horses on my Pick 4 ticket.

#1 HYDRANGEA Has run some strong races in some deep European fields.First time lasix and the dangerous AIden O'Brien training. Should get a good, ground saving trip.
#3 NEW MONEY HONEY - Another who should get a good trip from the inside.Lost to #14 in her first race of her career. Improved in second race. Solid figures.
#14 - LA CORONEL - Potentially best horse in race but drew poorly. Trainer, Mark Casse excels at these BC grass races. Would have easily been my first choice had she drawn better. Still using on top of many tickets.
#2 LULL - Should get a nice ground saving trip. Solid figures.
#16 - SWEEPING PADDY - The real value if he can hit the ticket. Draws in off a scratched horse, is working well, good pedigree and good enough early speed to find position at long odds.
#4 SPAIN BURG - Overbet but has 4 wins overseas in 5 races, albeit, questionable competition. First time lasix.
#11 RYMSKA - Has fired solid shots in all four races. Didn't seem to love the offgoing in the Grade 3 Grillo. 2nd race in US. Not battle tested yet. First time lasix. Has a shot.
#13 ROLY POLY - 7 races as a two year old shipping over from overseas. First time lasix. Don't love but has a chance on his best.

Race is really wide opening. Going to spread some small superfecta tickets but a very tough, wide open race.

Last edited:
DISTAFF
RACE 9
7:35 EST

Amazing clash between three titans.

# 5 STELLA WIND - Should sit right off the hot contested pace. 7 wins in her 11 races and beat Beholder the last two. If she runs her race and gets good fractions, she wins.
#8 BEHOLDER - What a story it would be to win her final career race. 25 career races with 17 wins and 6 seconds. Mandella will have her ready. Should be forcing the pace against Songbird early.
#1 SONGBIRD - Three year old filly tackling the veterans. She will be the favorite. Unbeaten in 11 races but I don't think she has seen the likes of the top 2. Will be overbet but certainly could win. More value in top 2 and if they all run their top race, she doesn't win. If she gets a relaxed lead, they won't run her down.
#3 CURLINA - Solid filly but things would have to fall apart for her to get the top spot. Could be used in triples if one of the top 3 falter.
#6 FOREVER UNBRIDLED - Has hit the board in 11 of 13 with 5 wins. Step below the top 3. Minor share at best.

Keying 5 and 8 over 1,5,8 LARGE
Saving for less with 1 over 5,8

whoa gamehunter.. i remember you from over at blankets.. you ever post over there anymore or strictly here?

Killed it at the BC yesterday so tough to think I can duplicate it today.

Too time consuming to list comments today. I will post selections only.

saturday

juvenile fillies

4th race
3:05 est

#4 yellow agate
#8 dancing rags
#12 american gal
#5 sweet loretta
#9 union strike

TURF SPRINT
RACE 7
5:05 EST

My favorite racecourse in the world; 6.5 furlongs down the hill at Santa Anita!

#12 OM
#14 CELESTINE
#9 A LOT
#10 AMBITIOUS BREW
#1 PURE SENSATION

#2 OBVIOUSLY AND #3 MONGOLIAN SATURDAY have shots.

Open race.

filly and mare sprint
race 10
7:01 est

#2 haveyougoneaway
#6 by the moon
#9 paulassilverlining
#3 tara's tango
#8 carlina mia

Back