Breaking trade news - Shady

• Thread starter Thread starter Lareux
  • Start date Start date
Great trade for Philly
Heard the birds may try to sign Randall Cobb, would look great in that offense
I think chip is comfortable with Chris Polk and sproles at RB right now, he probably will sign or draft an ex Oregon RB too haha

McCoy seemed like a cancer towards the end of the year. Continuously bouncing runs to the outside (see Bryce Brown, also on Bills) and seemingly looking to get his own numbers up instead of playing team/winning football. I also thought his mannerisms and demeanor really looked negative as the year winded down. You could tell he wasn't happy and that him and Chip didn't get along.

My first reaction to this deal was: "Wow a player for player trade occurred in the NFL. And wow we just got Alonso, who if healthy, looks like a stud to pair with Kendricks." I wasn't really surprised to see McCoy leave.

McCoy will be 27 to start the season and he is on an archaic contract for a RB. You won't be seeing those types of contracts for RBs ever again. Also, history shows that most RBs decline around age 28. McCoy should have a good year in 2015, but the Eagles reasonably probably won't be playing for a superbowl this year.

If the Eagles sign Worilds (I think they will), they all of a sudden have arguably one of the best LB corps in the NFC. That's a huge transformation in just a few days.

Have family in NY...Buffalo is a shit hole like Crapchester. They admit as much about Buff...went to a Bills Raiders game years ago.....armpit.

Yikes. You're simply misinformed. It's okay though, everyone has their opinions. You have family in NY...do they live in Buffalo? How would they know how Buffalo and WNY is if they don't? I've actually used facts....most players who play for either the Bills or Sabres stay here after their careers are over because they love the area so much....you're using opinions that you've based on your family who "lives in NY." Again, I'm not saying Buffalo is Paradise, but WNY is a pretty nice area to live, and that is backed up by the numerous athletes who choose to live here when their playing days are done.

The funniest part is someone from Detroit calling Buffalo a shit hole. Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

A source informed ESPN's Josina Anderson that LeSean McCoy is "frustrated" over being traded to the Bills and is "not going to make it easy, that's for sure."

"Of course he's not happy," added the source. "It'll be interesting to see how this process plays itself out because he's an interesting individual. ... He was like 'why me?'" Some are leaving the door open to McCoy possibly refusing to go to Buffalo, leading to the Bills possibly pulling out of the trade prior to it officially going through when the new league year opens March 10. But in all likelihood, the Bills will hand McCoy a new contract with more guaranteed money through 2015 and 2016 and let coach Rex Ryan work his magic as a coach with the ability to convince his players to "buy in." Ryan's the ultimate players coach.

Thanks. I saw this too, but this is just a "source." We've seen this shit over and over again...until the player comes out and makes a statement, this is nothing more than innuendo.

CJ Spiller apparently turned down an offer from the Bills for $4.5MM/yr. Knowing that, this trade makes a lot less sense for Buffalo, seeing as how they're paying Shady double that per year. They could have easily negotiated with Spiller, and even if they had to give him $6-7MM, they would still have been paying less than they are paying Shady, AND they would still have Kiko on their team.

Larry,
Ur getting one yr outta McCoy then next off season the bills will realize he is paid too much and they will waive him.
Oh and I luv shady, u will see him break defenders ankles often but last season he did a lot of dancing, not the norm. Hope he gets back to the one cut n go

Shady fumbles too..Sanchez and Foles accounted for a bunch of TOs but shady has some ball security issues....a highly paid RB about to be 27 that has ball security issues isn't really sought after in this NFL.

I love shady though....but not mad about this really.

Shady not happy being sent to Buffalo but feeling is he will get more guaranteed money now and an extension of sorts and now he actually has the leverage. Aside from Buffalo being a shit hole, I think he would not mind this trade if BUF had a qb. So he figures to live in BUF a few months a year and now get pounded into the ground he better get paid.

Like what smoke said, Kelly just doesnt care much about offensive players. Its why Sanchez was somewhat successful, its just a system. It has translated to the NFL and even at Oregon a lot of his players on offense were not 5 star recruits. Get some 2 or 3 with speed that know a system and wala...

Not being sarcastic or funny, but

You think at this point he cares where he plays?

If Jax would max him, he would be there I bet

Lyons Yellin of WWL-TV in Louisiana has "heard rumblings" the Eagles have interest in free agent Mark Ingram.

Whereas Shady McCoy was an at-times improvisational east-west back, Ingram is a north-south runner whose addition in Philadelphia would constitute a changing of the guard. There were rumblings late in the year that coach Chip Kelly was displeased with McCoy's tendency to freelance in his running game, which also led to Bryce Brown's ouster last offseason. A more assignment-sound runner than McCoy, Ingram's fantasy stock would skyrocket in Philly.
yea don't know what to think here

It looks like Pierre is being released tho, so would that mean they sign Ingram?( not sure with what money hahaha)

Bryce brown also fumbles all the time.

He does fumble more than the average....he has 5 fumbles in his career (so it's not all the time), but that is only on 226 carries, so he fumbles at a 2.2% rate.

Ironically, CJ Spiller and Darren Sproles were at the top of the list for fumble rate by a RB in 2014 (for RBs with more than 50 carries). Spiller was at 3.85% and Sproles was at 3.51%. Bryce Brown was at 2.78% in 2014, as he only had 1 fumble, but that fumble was a costly one as it essentially cost the Bills the KC game. McCoy fumbled 3 times last year, but that was on 312 rushing attempts, so his rate was only .96%.

If I was Philly I would pay Pierre Thomas the veteran minimum for one yr, go in with Polk, sproles and Pierre Thomas than draft a guy a RB late in draft.
I know Pierre is getting up there but I think he can help a team out as the 3rd RB.

Eagles will host Maxwell on Day 1 of Free Agency. I doubt he leaves here without a deal.

Hearing Suh wants more money that JJ Watt. That's insane. I think he'll go to Miami who historically aren't afraid to spend $$$ in free agency.

I'm curious to see how the RB market goes. There's a lot of quality RBs out there, and teams know they don't have to break the bank because of the depth at the position.

Raiders and Jags MUST spend $$$ to reach the Salary Floor. Both teams should go after WRs. Sounds like Cobb might head to one of those spots.

I also think Murray might go to Jax, so they hit their floor. They need to land an exciting offensive player, and Murray might sell a few tickets.

Yikes. Why would Murray go to Jacksonville? Even if he was offered a boat load of money, why wouldn't he either stay in Dallas or go somewhere like Indy, where he has a chance to win? I guess it's possible that he would be greedy and simply go to whomever offered him the most money, but you think he's going to Jacksonville?

Looks like eagles are signing Frank Gore. Hmmmm

Yeah, that seems like an odd signing. Especially considering the other RBs who are out there. It'll be interesting to see how much they're paying him in total. I've found this on the terms thus far...

Barring a breakdown in talks, Gore is expected to sign a three-year deal in which $7.5 million in the first two years is guaranteed.

just told my 86 yr old grandfather the eagles signed frank gore, he says without hesitiation "ahh he is over the hill"
lol

I did state I liked Pierre Thomas especially with his pass catching ability but we will see if Chip knows what he is doing in a few months

Back