Brady vs Wilson

ScopeY

Pretty much a regular
Having a debate at work (madden rated them the same overall), based solely off last year who'd you guys say is the better qb....is it close? Should one be way higher?

that's an interesting debate; two different style qb's both can sling it, russell can run..but Brady, for the most part, is just way clutch..

let me ask you this: do you think Tom Brady wins the SB if he and Russell switched spots?

And do you think wilson makes it as far as brady did with the pats? (Both of which were brought up)

And do you think wilson makes it as far as brady did with the pats? (Both of which were brought up)

I don't think Wilson makes it as far as with the Pats as he did with the Seahawks..simply because having an established run game makes Russell that much more effective given the nature of his game

You could argue their divisions were on opposite ends too (playing devils advocate)....49ers, rams, and cards defenses were probably all top 10 (didn't check if fact)

Is there a starting QB in last seasons NFL who doesnt win the superbowl playing for Seattle last year ?
And Im a big Wilson fan

For this year, I think it's fair to rate Brady a few points higher than Wilson. But not much more. If Wilson was on Pats, he doesnt win the superbowl. If Brady was on SEA, he doesnt win either. SEA had a special team last year. They weren't great but they gelled as a unit. They won't return this season.

brady absolutely wins the SB as a seahawk last year, come on. i'm a big wilson fan as well, but i could name 5 college qbs that coulda done what he did last year.

Not just anyone gets them past the Niners, come on now

It's not easy to not make mistakes in the League

that's an interesting debate; two different style qb's both can sling it, russell can run..but Brady, for the most part, is just way clutch..

let me ask you this: do you think Tom Brady wins the SB if he and Russell switched spots?

Brady can Not sling it.. That has been a problem his whole career.. Great on the short and medium ...

Maybe I am thinking of him throwing Moss like 6 yrs ago.
Lol
I'm not a Brady fan. Actually hate NE

I am a Brady fan.. Has nothing to do with the patriots
if you go back and watch all the deep catches that moss caught from him.. more than half were because of Moses's adjustments and then there was a video of how many times Brady missed a Wide Open moss...

i would still take him over Wilson....

From last year...pretty interesting stuff...

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/film-room/2013/film-room-tom-brady

The first thing that stands out on the charts above is Brady's deep accuracy. Although he excelled with
Randy Moss during his prime, there wasn't a huge amount of accuracy required when throwing the ball to Moss. Now that he has smaller receivers who can't create the same separation as Moss, it would make sense that his accuracy throwing the ball deep would decline. This would be an acceptable excuse, but Brady's receivers getting open hasn't been the issue.

Is this thread serious? Flacco won a superbowl also, and look what he has done every other year of his career. Alex Smith had just as good of year as Russ.

61% completion 3,313 23 tds 7 int 4 fumbles 431 yards rushing
63% completion 3,357 26 tds 9 int 8 fumbles 539 yards rushing

Brady will be in the HOF and 'Wilson' won't even be as popular as a Soccer Ball in a few years...

Brady more skilled but lacking mobility will make him only as good as his line is. I think Brady might be losing more each year while Wilson is on the upswing.

maybe he just throws it high or something. but he throws a nice nice deep ball I think

Drew on the other....WRs usually have to stop. I think Brees throws one of the "worse" deep balls for a QB of his stature

ya if its going further than 3 years its Russ

but this year its no contest Tommy Touchdown
yea I mean if it is who you want to start from now-on....different deal

I hated on RW admit it.....he can play for sure

But honestly, and he has a ways to go.......Brady is going down as Top5

cant see Russ sniffing that ever

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:vvv:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Wilson is a far better player than Brady at the same point of their careers. Brady was the ultimate game manager early on and he played that role well. Obviously there were extraneous factors that led to the Patriots winning three Super Bowls(they cheated folks and yes it was instrumental in their success). His game showed significant decline last year from what I watched. He does not hit throws he used to make.

I will grant that WIlson plays with an absolutely phenominal team. The 2013 Seahawks would have stomped the shit out of any of the three Patriot 'championship' teams.

I don't think Seattle gets by SF if Brady is the QB.

Never been a huge Brady fan in the NFL because I guess I have always been like "why couldnt he have been this good at michigan", but at the end of the day, brady had nobodies catching passes from him last year. They constantly dropped balls and ran the wrong routes. When Edelman is your best WR because basically Brady only trusted him there is a problem. He lost Gronk for most of year, Welker, and the thug and replaced them with rookies or amendola who played the year with a hernia. Not to mention his run game was pure garbage.

Never been a huge Brady fan in the NFL because I guess I have always been like "why couldnt he have been this good at michigan", but at the end of the day, brady had nobodies catching passes from him last year. They constantly dropped balls and ran the wrong routes. When Edelman is your best WR because basically Brady only trusted him there is a problem. He lost Gronk for most of year, Welker, and the thug and replaced them with rookies or amendola who played the year with a hernia. Not to mention his run game was pure garbage.

Agree about the receivers, but the Pats run game was not garbage. They were 9th in the league in rushing, in both yards and yds/att. They've actually been pretty damn good for a couple of years now running the ball. In the past, this was certainly the case, but recently they have been top 10.

Agree about the receivers, but the Pats run game was not garbage. They were 9th in the league in rushing, in both yards and yds/att. They've actually been pretty damn good for a couple of years now running the ball. In the past, this was certainly the case, but recently they have been top 10.

Interesting that Bill Belichik went to ground game to win. Maybe he will bench Brady like he did Kosar and say he has diminishing skills...LOL

I am obviously going to say Tom Brady. With that said, I don't think we know exactly how good Wilson may get just yet. Keep in mind that some of the "game managing" we are talking about is because of the style of offense they run ( And the opposite is true with Brady who is part of the best organization in the game and plays in a very QB friendly system for the majority of his career for arguably the best coach of the last decade --Wilson plays for a functioning retard who chews his gum like camel ). We don't know whether Wilson can be the man but we do know he can play the QB position effectively, make about any throw you could want, be a leader of men, have mobility with running ability, and make good decisions.

I think it is wrong to pigeon-hole Wilson as just a game manager when all he is asked to do is manage the game to win.

The guy is a winner on and off the field and while he isn't the pure thrower I generally like as an NFL QB, who knows what he can develop into .... don't forget this guy is a baseball athlete too.

As for right now ... no brainer ... Brady ...as for going forward I consider it an equally easy decision ... Wilson.

Same arguments you will see me use when discussing Tebow. Sure his first three qtrs. of passing stats and QB rating are not that great because the offense he was running didn't allow for QB passing stats. But when the reins were taken off of him and they needed passes in the fourth qtr or in playoff overtime against the Steelers, he not only performed but excelled. We can't hold the offense someone runs against them. Now, I am not comparing Wilson to Tebow so don't derail the thread ... just pointing out that Wilson did what he was asked to do and did it at an A+ level. And all he can do is run the plays that are called.

No way Charles Woodson gets to Wilson to force him to fumble away a playoff game against the Raiders either...... oh wait .... nevermind.

I am obviously going to say Tom Brady. With that said, I don't think we know exactly how good Wilson may get just yet. Keep in mind that some of the "game managing" we are talking about is because of the style of offense they run ( And the opposite is true with Brady who is part of the best organization in the game and plays in a very QB friendly system for the majority of his career for arguably the best coach of the last decade --Wilson plays for a functioning retard who chews his gum like camel ). We don't know whether Wilson can be the man but we do know he can play the QB position effectively, make about any throw you could want, be a leader of men, have mobility with running ability, and make good decisions.

I think it is wrong to pigeon-hole Wilson as just a game manager when all he is asked to do is manage the game to win.

The guy is a winner on and off the field and while he isn't the pure thrower I generally like as an NFL QB, who knows what he can develop into .... don't forget this guy is a baseball athlete too.

As for right now ... no brainer ... Brady ...as for going forward I consider it an equally easy decision ... Wilson.

Same arguments you will see me use when discussing Tebow. Sure his first three qtrs. of passing stats and QB rating are not that great because the offense he was running didn't allow for QB passing stats. But when the reins were taken off of him and they needed passes in the fourth qtr or in playoff overtime against the Steelers, he not only performed but excelled. We can't hold the offense someone runs against them. Now, I am not comparing Wilson to Tebow so don't derail the thread ... just pointing out that Wilson did what he was asked to do and did it at an A+ level. And all he can do is run the plays that are called.

Just responding to the one line quote in red .

That is usually what every QB is held to. So when people start hating qb's they should realize that they are really hating the calls by the coach...

guys your making me crack up:rofl: not even close i'm not even say a word who is better QB there is only 1 guy in football that if you said MONTANA I would say good pick BRADY vs MONTANA 100 percent fact case closed. i'm losing a game I need a TD you give me BRADY to win that baby don't forget the SB that NE lost not 1 was BRADY fault this is 1 bad MF dude , if brady was playing on SEATTLE last year my god with that D. BRADY really should be 5/5 in SB it is what it is he lost 2 sb well he didnt but NE did 1 was a act of god NYG I for got if WILSON was the QB for NE last year NE 100 percent does not make the playoffs 100 percent fact case closed NE had player of the streets and still lost to Denver by 10 points and NE had 100 percent nothing but BRADY/BILL B

Back