Brady Retired

They were a dropped pick from Stafford from likely blowing out the Bengals in the ship w/ a guy with a broken hand and a sprained arm. They're already losing their locker room leader with Jimmy leading, they don't need to lose a 1st ballot Reggie White like defensive player for a disinterested QB for 2 years. I'd give up a few 2s but that's it. The 9ers best quality is their locker room.

With that being said - watch out for Brady in 2023!
They were also 1 play going differently from missing the playoffs

Team is wasting this talents window if they run out Lance next year based on what he showed, and also Shanahan clearly has no faith in him yet, or he would have had some packages in the playoffs

Lance was always a project, but theres a real chance hes not ready to be the guy for a winning team till 2023 best case

Shanahan's record without garrapalo is horrific , hes also shown to be a very poor game manager in 4th quarters

Guy like rodgers takes away those issues

This FA class is strong on edge rushers too, none are as good as bosa, but hes a top 5 DL

Chandler jones, Von miller, randy Gregory etc.

One of those guys plus rodgers is greater than bosa + lance

Unless Lance is the bonafide real deal behind closed doors, then throw everything I said out!! I find that incredibly tough to believe tho, if he was I’d think there would have been a week or 3 they had him playing in “must win” games rather than sending Jimmy out with his arm duct taped on! Lol
If he was, he gets some run in one of the playoff game

If he was, he gets some run in one of the playoff game

He def woulda played more in regular season. I don’t think that means he can’t be the guy, he has just played so little football last few years and hardly any at a very high competition level. Not sure they know whether or not he gonna work out.

He def woulda played more in regular season. I don’t think that means he can’t be the guy, he has just played so little football last few years and hardly any at a very high competition level. Not sure they know whether or not he gonna work out.
Pretty much expected two years on the shelf at least but unlike some of these hurry up and wait guys, his mentor hasn't been the greatest.

Pretty much expected two years on the shelf at least but unlike some of these hurry up and wait guys, his mentor hasn't been the greatest.

I’m not convinced sitting is the best way to get better.. for most part I think it better to play them, obviously in this case made sense for him to sit since he has played so little and niners had a chance to win it all. Sitting a few years worked for Rodgers. Anything more than a year im not sure is all that beneficial, Rodgers woulda been fine had he got thrown in sooner, obviously it was the fact gb had a HOFer in front of him that kept him on bench. If he not starters beginning next year something obviously wrong!

I’m not convinced sitting is the best way to get better.. for most part I think it better to play them, obviously in this case made sense for him to sit since he has played so little and niners had a chance to win it all. Sitting a few years worked for Rodgers. Anything more than a year im not sure is all that beneficial, Rodgers woulda been fine had he got thrown in sooner, obviously it was the fact gb had a HOFer in front of him that kept him on bench. If he not starters beginning next year something obviously wrong!
Look at how long Jimmy G had to sit

Look at how long Jimmy G had to sit

That will happen when you get drafted by team with greatest qb ever! He was good enough Brady forced him out of town tho, that had to say something. Never seen Brady get like that with any his other backups!!

That will happen when you get drafted by team with greatest qb ever! He was good enough Brady forced him out of town tho, that had to say something. Never seen Brady get like that with any his other backups!!
Lot of failed first round picks probably could have been a lot better sitting for a couple years. It's so easy to say the first pick in the draft should take his lumps immediately, happened this season. But you won't convince me Lawrence wouldn't have benefitted learning from a good pro for a couple years. Goff falls into that category too. Instant gratification is messing with some really good QBs who could learn the speed of the game without throwing picks and getting drilled half the time just cuz.

Lot of failed first round picks probably could have been a lot better sitting for a couple years. It's so easy to say the first pick in the draft should take his lumps immediately, happened this season. But you won't convince me Lawrence wouldn't have benefitted learning from a good pro for a couple years. Goff falls into that category too. Instant gratification is messing with some really good QBs who could learn the speed of the game without throwing picks and getting drilled half the time just cuz.

I disagree bout few years. Maybe there exceptions but for most part I think it better for them to play earlier. I wouldn’t wait more than a year to play them the way the game is these days, with cap implications the faster you make use of your young qb on his 1st deal the better chance you got. these days they coming into the league way more prepared than they were 20 years ago, imo it never been easier to succeed at the position.

Honestly I don’t think there a generalized number, everyone different, plenty have played from the jump and been fine, plenty have sat and still sucked or been great. I don’t think playing Lawrence this year negatively impacted him, think he further along than he would have been sitting. There have def been kids ruined by being thrown in to soon but it hard to say they woulda succeeded had they sat.

A lot the problem w being thrown in right away is these are usually kids who got drafted by garbage teams so they being thrown in with a crappy oline, weak skill position help, and often bad coaches! Almost nobody will succeed in that case.

A lot the problem w being thrown in right away is these are usually kids who got drafted by garbage teams so they being thrown in with a crappy oline, weak skill position help, and often bad coaches! Almost nobody will succeed in that case.
That's the thing, jump from NCAA where you can roam around and find receivers then you suddenly get thrown into a situation where you're planted on your ass in not a lot of time...probably hard to trust that you can get that swagger back. In that respect, kudos to Burrow for coming back from the injury and still getting planted yet still making plays. Can't think that's a common trait.

Brady already saying you never say never. Has 2 SuperBowl rosters ready for him should 9ers or Titans fall short. Titans to me seem likely with Tanny's awful deal bad for one more year.

Brady would not have retired from the NFL had the Bucs not been a shit show. Arians is a mess, the defense is awful back 7, and he knows they ain't winning anything and were lucky to have won the 1.

That's the thing, jump from NCAA where you can roam around and find receivers then you suddenly get thrown into a situation where you're planted on your ass in not a lot of time...probably hard to trust that you can get that swagger back. In that respect, kudos to Burrow for coming back from the injury and still getting planted yet still making plays. Can't think that's a common trait.

I don’t think there more than 4-5 guys ever that coulda done what he doing with that oline/how often he been sacked. He does have some great weapons helping him out at wr and mixon a stud, still don’t think many QBs could perform the way he has getting hit/sacked so much. Very impressive.

Brady would not have retired from the NFL had the Bucs not been a shit show. Arians is a mess, the defense is awful back 7, and he knows they ain't winning anything and were lucky to have won the 1.

That the biggest reason I was saying rams were throwing his retirement party. Bucs did everything they could to keep the same team to try and run it back, between injuries, the AB disaster, and fact none those guys stayed as hungry as Brady after winning the 1, he knows they have no chance going forward as the roster gonna get worse and he can’t trust the coach or players around him to put in the work he does! Seeing how weak the nfc looks and the south looking like a joke they probably have another free pass into playoffs (as he has most his career!) but that bout it and Brady ain’t playing for anything less than rings!

I guarantee if you caught him in a moment of honesty he would admit how much he now appreciates hoody cracking the whip and keeping everyone else in line! Even if it was often achieved by riding Brady himself!! You could tell this year it annoyed him that not everyone was dedicated as he was!! He will never get that again in tampa under Arians. Winning 1 ring is one thing, he knows what it takes to win multiple and he not getting that from those clowns in tampa!

Brady already saying you never say never. Has 2 SuperBowl rosters ready for him should 9ers or Titans fall short. Titans to me seem likely with Tanny's awful deal bad for one more year.

Afc is too tough. He likes a easier path. Nfc west might be tougher than afc south but nfc playoffs won’t have mahomes, burrow, Allen!

Afc is too tough. He likes a easier path. Nfc west might be tougher than afc south but nfc playoffs won’t have mahomes, burrow, Allen!

NFC West is going to fall off a cliff soon. Rams are all in with no cap or picks coming to save them. If they stay healthy they can run it back one more year. Hawks have cap space but that team is awful and Wilson is old. And the Cards, no team is in worse position moving forward. They’ll lose Jones and will have an abysmal defense. They’re more 5-12 than 12-5!

NFC West is going to fall off a cliff soon. Rams are all in with no cap or picks coming to save them. If they stay healthy they can run it back one more year. Hawks have cap space but that team is awful and Wilson is old. And the Cards, no team is in worse position moving forward. They’ll lose Jones and will have an abysmal defense. They’re more 5-12 than 12-5!

I’d happily bet the nfc west will remain strong, much better than afc south for next 3 years. Russ isn’t old, that hilarious, maybe he leaves seattle but he has at least 5 more great years. Rams will continue being good. Cardinals front office has proven they can put a team together,, they might need a coach but they figure that out soon.

I’d happily bet the nfc west will remain strong, much better than afc south for next 3 years. Russ isn’t old, that hilarious, maybe he leaves seattle but he has at least 5 more great years. Rams will continue being good. Cardinals front office has proven they can put a team together,, they might need a coach but they figure that out soon.

Wilson hasn’t cooked since early in 2020. He’s never been great in the pocket.

Cardinals are a mess. Murray doesn’t even want to be there. Jones leaving and less than 5 million in cap space before having to give limpy 40 million a year.

Rams are going to remain good especially with Woods returning but they basically can’t afford injury to one of about 4 or 5 players.

Tommy would only be able to convince his family of playing “home”.

Wilson hasn’t cooked since early in 2020. He’s never been great in the pocket.

Cardinals are a mess. Murray doesn’t even want to be there. Jones leaving and less than 5 million in cap space before having to give limpy 40 million a year.

Rams are going to remain good especially with Woods returning but they basically can’t afford injury to one of about 4 or 5 players.

Tommy would only be able to convince his family of playing “home”.

Your assessment of the west is dripping with niners fandom bro. Rams been top heavy for years, they never can afford injury but they will remain good. Long as Russ in Seattle they will be good, they were easily better than half the playoff teams by end the year. Cards have a good gm and plenty of talent on that roster. It’s good niners are in a tough division, I understand Brady feasted off the path of least resistance but I think there something to be said having to battle good teams all year when playoff time comes.

Back