Brady Retired

If this isn't the most highly commented on thread in CTG history then something is seriously wrong.

The GOAT actually retired. Wow. Still just in shock

Respect the shit out of the guy. Hard to doubt his GOAT status.

That said, I will die a much happier man if I never have to see his smug face again. I would say hear his name ever again too but I would put the over/under on the number of times his name is mentioned in every single nfl broadcast for at least another season at 4.5 (97 for pats games, 26 for bucs)…so I know it’s not realistic

If this isn't the most highly commented on thread in CTG history then something is seriously wrong.

The GOAT actually retired. Wow. Still just in shock

Its honestly not a big surprise. If it to you, then that is seriously something wrong

The guy is 45! Taking hits from 20 year olds with speed is not something he should be wanting to keep doing

Think I said it pretty early rams were throwing his retirement party, even before the stories started breaking all week before game!! I don’t think it all his woman cracking the whip, I think he be happy ppl think that but I think it just as much Bucs are not gonna be close to as good and he not trying to stick around and play for a team he don’t think can win SB,, think he was tad annoyed with some the players there not self motivating this season in a looser culture. Winning it all last year checked every box for him, then he had monster statistical season again this year. Why keep going? Especially with a team that sold out to run it back and didn’t work, now they gonna lose bunch of guys and he knows the culture ain’t strong enough to win with less.

As a life long Pat's fan I appreciate the hell out if what he did for the team, but people overlook that he was a part of a TEAM. Albeit a huge part you can't compare team with versus without, different supporting cast, play calling, opponents, etc. To me once he left he became another NFL QB not wearing a Pats uniform, the enemy. When friends & family ask me why I'm bitter towards him I tell them "I'm a Pats fan win or lose, team sport so I don't get attached to a single player just as players don't get attached to a particular team". Tom giving no special mention to the Pats organization or fans only confirmed my believes.

Sorry, but fuck him.

GQ should definitely replace Tom in Tampa but I don't think Tom would allow it and I don't think Kyle would want to see him drop 4500 yards and 40 touchdowns in a pass first offense. Kyle will send him to Pitt and that OL. He will be okay there but won't be as good as he could be. Yes, Jimmy's destination talk is more important than Tom Brady retiring.

GQ should definitely replace Tom in Tampa but I don't think Tom would allow it and I don't think Kyle would want to see him drop 4500 yards and 40 touchdowns in a pass first offense. Kyle will send him to Pitt and that OL. He will be okay there but won't be as good as he could be. Yes, Jimmy's destination talk is more important than Tom Brady retiring.
Beginning to sound like the Bucs might stand pat with Trask (not sure Arians would be down with that idea) but I'd rather have Trask than Jimmy G for sure at a fraction of the cost. Assuming Godwin is back Tampa could be ok in the pass game but they're really going to need a TE to reproduce what Gronk gave them.

Beginning to sound like the Bucs might stand pat with Trask (not sure Arians would be down with that idea) but I'd rather have Trask than Jimmy G for sure at a fraction of the cost. Assuming Godwin is back Tampa could be ok in the pass game but they're really going to need a TE to reproduce what Gronk gave them.

Def a fraction of the cost but they know if he's got it or not. For a 2 the 9ers would likely eat a chunk of his salary. For a 1 they could maybe eat it all.

Reactions: KJ
Def a fraction of the cost but they know if he's got it or not. For a 2 the 9ers would likely eat a chunk of his salary. For a 1 they could maybe eat it all.
In that respect Arians often didn't think Brady had it so who really knows?

I wasn't a fan at Florida, wouldn't shock me a bit if he sucks

In that respect Arians often didn't think Brady had it so who really knows?

I wasn't a fan at Florida, wouldn't shock me a bit if he sucks

Yeah I have no idea what Trask has at this level. I would think a prove-it gap year with Jimmy for a draft pick if they eat the salary would be a win-win for both organizations. Deep down though I'm not sure Kyle Shanahan wants GQ to be seen slinging it around for 300+ a game in Arians system when he wouldn't let him throw more than 10 times some games.

Reactions: KJ
Why isn’t A Rod going to SF again?
After they just traded up last draft to take Lance?

Finances have to come into play since they're loaded with skill players on both sides, not even sure they could accommodate Rodgers' contract

Why isn’t A Rod going to SF again?

He would love to be there - he almost retired when he found out the 9ers were willing to part with the 3rd pick for him last year.

They could trade/cut Jimmy and have around $30 million in cap but they'd also have to trade for him. I'm not giving Bosa up for a 2 year bridge QB - even if he would guarantee the 9ers back to back rings. I'm sure Denver would give up more than what the 9ers could do - but who knows. 9ers would surely offer 2 2s, 2 3s, and a 2 next year but GB would likely want a premium player in return.

He would love to be there - he almost retired when he found out the 9ers were willing to part with the 3rd pick for him last year.

They could trade/cut Jimmy and have around $30 million in cap but they'd also have to trade for him. I'm not giving Bosa up for a 2 year bridge QB - even if he would guarantee the 9ers back to back rings. I'm sure Denver would give up more than what the 9ers could do - but who knows. 9ers would surely offer 2 2s, 2 3s, and a 2 next year but GB would likely want a premium player in return.

Really, you would not give up Bosa for b2b rings? I’d give up any player for 2 rings.

Really, you would not give up Bosa for b2b rings? I’d give up any player for 2 rings.

That has to be fan favorite talking. A defensive player? Lol. Bosa a stud and all but giving him up for a HOF qb with few big time years left ain’t even a discussion, whether they win a ring or not, and I’m pretty sure they would at minimum be playing in a SB! Even tho double bitch the biggest front runner ever with that squad he wouldn’t have to worry bout bailing! The run after catch of aiyuk, debo, and kittle? The run game? That defensive line still be very good without bosa, they rotate all kinds of ballers! I think our guy @Inspekdah got little carried away with that statement! More like a deal where he knows it ain’t happening so he rather tell himself he wouldn’t do it!!

They break the news 2marro that niners traded Bosa for discount double bitch and @Inspekdah be dancing in the streets talking bout a SB!! (After the proper 3 minutes of grieving time to show Bosa respect! Lol).

That has to be fan favorite talking. A defensive player? Lol. Bosa a stud and all but giving him up for a HOF qb with few big time years left ain’t even a discussion, whether they win a ring or not, and I’m pretty sure they would at minimum be playing in a SB! Even tho double bitch the biggest front runner ever with that squad he wouldn’t have to worry bout bailing! The run after catch of aiyuk, debo, and kittle? The run game? That defensive line still be very good without bosa, they rotate all kinds of ballers! I think our guy @Inspekdah got little carried away with that statement! More like a deal where he knows it ain’t happening so he rather tell himself he wouldn’t do it!!

Bosa's the best defensive player in football. Coming off an ACL tear. The rest of the line couldn't do anything vs. LAR. AA is nice but that line is unable to succeed without Bosa's abilities. Defense becomes weak and the secondary is raw. I'd consider giving up AA, Ward, Warner, etc. but no Bosa! Team doesn't need Rodgers to win the NFC, just needs to have a second RB besides Mitchell who can't bust a run. Mostert resigns and is healthy and they could win the NFC with Nick Mullens.

Bosa's the best defensive player in football. Coming off an ACL tear. The rest of the line couldn't do anything vs. LAR. AA is nice but that line is unable to succeed without Bosa's abilities. Defense becomes weak and the secondary is raw. I'd consider giving up AA, Ward, Warner, etc. but no Bosa! Team doesn't need Rodgers to win the NFC, just needs to have a second RB besides Mitchell who can't bust a run. Mostert resigns and is healthy and they could win the NFC with Nick Mullens.

Ya’ll need a qb bro! Cmon. Times have changed. Somehow bungals are here with what I think the worst offensive line in SB history and you seriously not taking a HOF qb with few peak years left for any defensive player? I’d take Donald over Bosa and I’d trade them both for Rodgers considering the team niners have. That no shot at Bosa, I love the talented guys with the big time motors, it just a fact of life in todays nfl, every gm in niners spot gives up Bosa, Lance, and a handjob to get it done! Lol

Unless Lance is the bonafide real deal behind closed doors, then throw everything I said out!! I find that incredibly tough to believe tho, if he was I’d think there would have been a week or 3 they had him playing in “must win” games rather than sending Jimmy out with his arm duct taped on! Lol

Ya’ll need a qb bro! Cmon. Times have changed. Somehow bungals are here with what I think the worst offensive line in SB history and you seriously not taking a HOF qb with few peak years left for any defensive player? I’d take Donald over Bosa and I’d trade them both for Rodgers considering the team niners have. That no shot at Bosa, I love the talented guys with the big time motors, it just a fact of life in todays nfl, every gm in niners spot gives up Bosa, Lance, and a handjob to get it done! Lol

They were a dropped pick from Stafford from likely blowing out the Bengals in the ship w/ a guy with a broken hand and a sprained arm. They're already losing their locker room leader with Jimmy leading, they don't need to lose a 1st ballot Reggie White like defensive player for a disinterested QB for 2 years. I'd give up a few 2s but that's it. The 9ers best quality is their locker room.

With that being said - watch out for Brady in 2023!

They were a dropped pick from Stafford from likely blowing out the Bengals in the ship w/ a guy with a broken hand and a sprained arm. They're already losing their locker room leader with Jimmy leading, they don't need to lose a 1st ballot Reggie White like defensive player for a disinterested QB for 2 years. I'd give up a few 2s but that's it. The 9ers best quality is their locker room.

With that being said - watch out for Brady in 2023!

He ain’t no Reggie white bro.

NFC is wide open too

North is all rebuilds, if GB trades Rodgers
West all have issues
East has two rebuilds and Dallas
South is all rebuilds or no QBs

Bosa ++ should be on the table

Flags fly forever

Back