Bowls - '15/'16 Version

at a glance thru 36 bowls (thru 1/1/16)...

Favs = 26-10 SU, 23-13 ATS
Conversely, Dogs are obviously 10-26 SU, & 13-23 ATS

so, of 36 games to date, only 3 spreads came into play...which provides credence to one of those old bowl commandments...pick the SU winner of the game.

over the total = 22
under the total = 14

Pac-12 = 6-2 SU (with 2 games pending)
SEC = 6-2 SU (with 2 games pending + the natty)
Big 10 = 5-4 SU (with 1 game pending)
ACC = 4-5 SU (with only the Natty pending)
Big 12 = 1-3 SU (with 3 games pending)

MW = 4-4 SU
MAC = 3-4 SU
Ind = 0-2 SU

may be an error or two in all that above. just did it at a glance, tbh...so correct me if necessary.

:popcorn:

at a glance thru 36 bowls (thru 1/1/16)...

Favs = 26-10 SU, 23-13 ATS
Conversely, Dogs are obviously 10-26 SU, & 13-23 ATS

so, of 36 games to date, only 3 spreads came into play...which provides credence to one of those old bowl commandments...pick the SU winner of the game.

over the total = 22
under the total = 14

Pac-12 = 6-2 SU (with 2 games pending)
SEC = 6-2 SU (with 2 games pending + the natty)
Big 10 = 5-4 SU (with 1 game pending)
ACC = 4-5 SU (with only the Natty pending)
Big 12 = 1-3 SU (with 3 games pending)

MW = 4-4 SU
MAC = 3-4 SU
Ind = 0-2 SU

may be an error or two in all that above. just did it at a glance, tbh...so correct me if necessary.

:popcorn:
Interesting outcome regarding the amount of favorites covering. The last 2 days of Bowl games have been awful from just a fan perspective. Not 1 game coming down to the wire. This year hasn't been close to what we had with exciting finishes last year. It's actually been one of the most uneventful Bowl Seasons that I can remember in recent years
Now having said that from a wagering perspective, it's always more profitable when favorites and overs hit. I'm hoping since today is the last day, we go out with some great finishes.

Interesting outcome regarding the amount of favorites covering. The last 2 days of Bowl games have been awful from just a fan perspective. Not 1 game coming down to the wire. This year hasn't been close to what we had with exciting finishes last year. It's actually been one of the most uneventful Bowl Seasons that I can remember in recent years
Now having said that from a wagering perspective, it's always more profitable when favorites and overs hit. I'm hoping since today is the last day, we go out with some great finishes.

you got your wish, wiseplayer. a couple great, close games this evening.

loved the tcu comeback from my perspective, but it's all relative...
one man's close game could be another man's moose job. colly st moosing wazzou last year...zona coming back on nevada in '12...and the largest "comeback" of them all tonight.

not going to update the #s above. obviously the overs dominated though, 25 to only 15 unders. and even in a down year, the SEC had the best bowl season by far.

personally speaking, to sum up my bowl season...
went 26-20, and won a bit. lost too many small action plays, made a few stupid plays in hindsight...but in the end, enjoyed the bowl season...so wouldn't change anything other then the few stupid plays.

40's a good # of bowls...but i would like to see this eventually become an 8 team playoff somehow. don't know how it would've worked out, but my PR#s had a clear top 8 teams.

i'm sure it sucked for the east coast...but in CA, i gotta say that i enjoyed the NYE set up. worked perfectly out here.

anyhow, on to the natty...nfl playoffs...and finally, baseball!!!

it's finally time for the National Championship game... :tiphat:

Clemson (+7) over Alabama (-120) for 1
Clemson ML (+215) for 1/2

Yes, to a Defense/Special Team TD (+140) for 1/2
Watson scores a rushing TD (-110) for 1/2

too much time off, imo...plus attention moving over to the NFL playoffs...so hope the game lives up to it's billing, and isn't anti-climatic in any way.

starting to smell like spring training... :popcorn:

Back