Bowl Discussion - General - Who Wants To Be There, Does Not, Etc.

OU RB Rodney Anderson won't have any charges filed against him. Text message trail that doesn't make the woman who accused him of rape, look very good.

Outside of South Florida, any other teams playing in the same bowl as last season? I always question the motivation of these teams.

Outside of South Florida, any other teams playing in the same bowl as last season? I always question the motivation of these teams.

USF was supposed to be the group of 5 team to make a New Year's Six bowl...and after all of that hype and hope they land right back where they were last year. Yup.

I have no records to support it, but I generally like to take teams that return to the same bowl if they lost it the prior year and like to fade a team if they return to the same bowl they won the prior year.

Washington State was upset in the Holiday last year and return this season, although challenging my theory, not sure I like them in this one.

Texas Tech's D has been pretty encouraging this season. Sure they had some games like against OU. But even their losses to KSt and WVU could've been wins. But that is the thing with them, it is hard to know what to expect. The only thing i think USF has going for them is Flowers...unless he just totally takes the game over TT should have a good chance to win...unless it comes down to a FG.

OU RB Rodney Anderson won't have any charges filed against him. Text message trail that doesn't make the woman who accused him of rape, look very good.
Scary shit as far as I'm concerned. I want those that truly have done inappropriate things to pay for them but we are currently living in a guilty until proven innocent society. I don't see that changing any time soon.

Scary shit as far as I'm concerned. I want those that truly have done inappropriate things to pay for them but we are currently living in a guilty until proven innocent society. I don't see that changing any time soon.
Wouldn't mind seeing counters against false accusers, but I imagine she was well compensated for recanting her statement. Deep pockets on some of these boosters.

Texas Tech's D has been pretty encouraging this season. Sure they had some games like against OU. But even their losses to KSt and WVU could've been wins. But that is the thing with them, it is hard to know what to expect. The only thing i think USF has going for them is Flowers...unless he just totally takes the game over TT should have a good chance to win...unless it comes down to a FG.

Strength of schedule differential is really worth noting: Texas Tech (19) vs. South Florida (110) (Sagarin)

Actually, the accuser against Anderson did not recant her statement. In fact, she strongly criticized the DA for refusing to file.

But the DA had no choice. Her girl friends all said she was bragging to them what a good time she had and how she thought she might have a romance with Anderson. Four different friends of hers were interviewed by investigators and all said the same thing.

Plus, they got her emails and texts and it was the same story. Texts and emails to Anderson saying she had a wonderful time and hoped they could get together soon and suggested several different times they get together. Same story with emails and texts to friends, all saying how she hoped a romance developed and how she thought it would.

I think contrarian play against Sparty looks awesome. They have one of the top pass defenses overall but its ranked 85th against fbs winning teams. I think Falk shreds them

I think contrarian play against Sparty looks awesome. They have one of the top pass defenses overall but its ranked 85th against fbs winning teams. I think Falk shreds them

I have flip flopped on this game 2 or 3 times. I think WSt D is respectable, but also think that Lewerke's dual threat ability is going to be tough for WSt to contain. Falk will be without his top two receivers for the game (combined 130r-1386y-14TDs).

I think was msu does ia what washst stops and what washst does attacks the weakness of the msu d. Sort of a plug and play system at wr too. Not saying it doesnt hurt but maybe not as much as it might for other systems. Some lockerroom cancer down the stretch ...whether the removal makes remission or not, who knows

Niumatalolo admitted the Midshipmen, especially the seniors, were somewhat disappointed about not going away for the postseason. Navy has played bowl games in San Diego, San Francisco, Houston, Fort Worth and Charlotte over the years.

“I think the players would always like to go somewhere. That being said, I know they’re grateful to be in a bowl game and playing in their own stadium. Beggars can’t be choosers. We’re just happy to be playing another game,” Niumatalolo said. “It’s another opportunity to play at our stadium so we’ll try to finish on a positive note, send our seniors out the right way and secure a winning season.”

5a2c9d1b26592.image.jpg

Pretty cool photo. West Virginia - Utah from the 1964 Liberty Bowl (Atlantic City Convention Hall/Boardwalk Hall). Also the first major college football game played inside.

Back