Bowl Bad Beat Thread 2013/14

Ohio was not a bad beat. East Carolina dominated that game in the first half, but simply wasn't confident in their shitty kicker so they went for it twice on 4th and 2 from like the twenty and were unsuccessful both times. East Carolina also dominated the 4th quarter. It would have been just awful for Pirate backers had they not covered the full game. Ohio backers ALMOST got lucky.

Ohio was not a bad beat. East Carolina dominated that game in the first half, but simply wasn't confident in their shitty kicker so they went for it twice on 4th and 2 from like the twenty and were unsuccessful both times. East Carolina also dominated the 4th quarter. It would have been just awful for Pirate backers had they not covered the full game. Ohio backers ALMOST got lucky.

Completely agree.

I was on ECU and felt completely lucky, the play calling by ECU should have spelled doom but got lucky at the end. ECU did dominate the LOS but the idiots calling the plays should have cost me the wager.

Yea I was on ECU, too. But I'm calling it a bad beat. I think any time you have a team scoring a meaningless TD in the final 2-3mins of a game, that is a bad beat. We see it so often that it wasn't on the level of Wash St.

I was on ECU and felt completely lucky, the play calling by ECU should have spelled doom but got lucky at the end. ECU did dominate the LOS but the idiots calling the plays should have cost me the wager.

Bc they dominated the game, you would have been pissed (and probably were throughout the game) had they not covered the game. It's not like the game was evenly played and ECU poured it on in the last six minutes of the game. Heck, Ohio had to use trickery for BOTH of their TD's. I was praying to the wagering Gawds that Ohio could simply hold on at the end. The correct side covered that game.

In an odd twist, the winner of the bet (KJ) is arguing that ECU was a bad beat and the loser (CG) is arguing it wasn't. Don't see that every day on a sports betting forum.

ecu/ohio total yds were close i can remember exact but both were over 400 and under 450 with about ten mins left in the game....ohio dominated LOS late 2q and all of the 3q...they just completely wore down then quit...ECU is clearly the better team but sans the twenty mins and last six they didn't play well on Monday....Ohio was awful early in the game but had a 200 some yd advantage for the middle portion of the game...

If they played again today I'd prolly take ECU though..

It was a more normal bad beat but Ohio is ahead with 10 or 11 to go and lining up to kick another fg with a kicker who hadn't missed all season. You realize that ecu was on third down from around the 25 yard line right? That was basically the last play they could score a td ( though McNeil is a Leach disciple so who knows ) and they did with Ohio knowing the play. Pretty sick .....

One ctg member ( partner ) actually left the ingame making a comment about hoping to not take a bad beat while a bunch of folks were praying for ecu to just have a chance for a miracle.

Agree to disagree and the ecu fg kicker was bad .... ecu netted about what they deserved from fg kicking between the two teams. You can argue about ecu missed opportunities but Ohio had good drives stall out for fg's too. Ohio and over probably the correct plays in that one... I can at least see the argument that ecu was the right side but game dynamics make it very hard for 14 point favorites to cover in games where they trail with less ten minutes to go...especially when they had done almost nothing for two full qtrs. But the way they covered was a bad beat... again a bad beat and wrong side winning ( like ULL ) are two different things.

I can see your side, VK. They did get the timely turnover and semi-late TD, but I still thought they were the much better team that day. My reasoning for playing Ohio was purely let down spot for East Carolina after getting curb stomped in Huntington and NOT playing for CUSA title match. I still thought the Pirates would win, but it would be a very close game. So bc of that I sorta see your side, but IMO it is not an open and shut case of "bad beat". I was just hoping the tired Ohio defense could hold on for one more stand. They couldn't.

B.A.R. :whip:

I call it getting wazzouuuued!!

The funny part is I had a small for fun wager on ECU for 50 bucks...and watched some and knew it was bad play(at the time) so played live with the 14.5 for 150 so yeah it sucked but was kinda funny at the same point.

Back