Bowl Bad Beat Thread 2013/14

RetroVK

This claim is disputed
It seems to me in recent years that there have been an inordinate amount of bad beats during bowl season. Thought I would track the ones that I consider bad beats just so I could look back on this next year for reference. I am just tracking sides and only care about my personal opinion for me to reference back to but feel free to agree, disagree, whine, take pleasure in, discuss etc etc ...All bad beats aren't created equal ... I can almost guarantee wsu will be the worst of bowl season.

Games Played: 6
Bad Beats: 2

Bad Beats
Washington State fumbles game away instead of taking knees FTW:wsw
ecu front door covers two td's after trailing in the fourth and with Ohio lining up for a fg to extend lead: wsw

Other Games:
ull hangs on to early lead benefitting from key turnovers:wsw
usc dominates fresno st wire to wire:rsw
sdsu dominates buffalo: rsw
boise st turns it over for scores twice and fails to finish drives with td's, or st cruises: rsw

Last edited:
Wazzu's beat was about as bad as it gets until we see an official make a bogus call to change the outcome of a game. We'll probably see a desperation pass on 4th and 28 and have an official bail a team out because there was some grazing by the DB. Or somebody bumped the QB after the pass and drew a 15 yard penalty to extend the drive. I will say however, college officials have done a better job of staying out of the way than NFL officials.

I'm guessing all the 1st half ish that went Wazzu's way evaded most everyone's perception? same shit that happened to Coll St 1st half happened to Wazzu 2nd half. Well that and a team who can't run to seal the game. Seemed like the result was inline with a normal distribution of events.

I'm guessing all the 1st half ish that went Wazzu's way evaded most everyone's perception? same shit that happened to Coll St 1st half happened to Wazzu 2nd half. Well that and a team who can't run to seal the game. Seemed like the result was inline with a normal distribution of events.

csu significantly outgained Washington state. I actually don't have much of a problem with someone who thinks csu was the correct side in the game ( even though I think that was largely a product of Washington state leading by dd most of the game ). But being the right or wrong side of the play itself is different than a bad beat, imo. Washington State could have taken three knees to win, chose not to and got punished by fumbling ( great play by a great csu defender, I might add ) the game away. In other words, wazzou could have been a bad beat and the wrong side at the same time. I think if you asked wazzu backers the game is still sticking in their craw a bit and it has been a few days. I am not sure if you are trying to be funny or if you are serious. I expected to run into disagreement on a few games but not this one, I had Duke in the belk last year and Washington state was worse because the game was literally over with three successful snaps. In other words, Duke actually had to run plays and defend plays so making blunders was possible,,,, what Washington state did was nearly impossible. It reminded me of what led to teams taking knees to begin with ... coach Edwards ...

http://<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/g8wS-Sg0IXY" frameBorder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Im sorry but I have to completely disagree with ya here silk. I watched Colorado St get 4 generous spots from the refs in the 1st half. 2 set them up to go for it on 4th and 1 (when it should have been 2 or 3), and one gave them a 1st down and stopped the clock so they could use a 4th timeout with 1 second left in the half and kick a field goal.

I dont one watch games with biased eyes towards who I bet in the game bc I don't think that will help me learn long term, but I did watch those events happen with my own 2 eyes

I guess my thing is, early bowl games are the shittier teams. The reason they're not playing later is they aren't very good. They're more prone to the mistakes we witnessed. If there are games where anticipating weird things should occur it's the 1st games. It was an awful beat for a Wazzu backer, but then again we're talking about .500 teams. I've talked to some folks that only focus on the 4th qtr but don't recognize the good fortune Wazzu had in the 1st half to be up. I just look at early bowl games as bad teams playing each other & just about the same fortune falls on them both. So then it becomes what are the base things each is good at/weak at. In a game that figures to be close, the team that's good at keeping the ball vs the team that isn't has a value that shouldn't be overlooked. Maybe becuz I won I don't see it as bad, but I don't normally look for a matchup of 2 bad tms where 1 gets all the breaks & the other doesn't. They mostly even out

I was on the winning side of both the bad beats. I think it is payback for being on Duke in the Belk Bowl last year. Worst beat I can remember in any sport ever in my betting career

I guess I am not understanding Wazzou's fortune in the 1st half? Even more so, Colo St went for it on 4th down 3 times in the 1st half (including 2 fake punts), and got all 3 of them....credit to McElwain for having the balls to do that, as that helped Colo St statistically as well as prob kept them from getting down by even more. And I really can't see how being blessed with 4 timeouts in 1 half isn't a fortune lol

The avg length of Wazzu's 4 TD drives in the 1st half was 29.5yds. The other TD came on an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on 4th &22. In fact Wazzu scored 7pts total on drives that didn't start in Colly St territory or aided by personal foul penalties on 4th. Just so happened those were 7 of the 10 pts Wazzu scored in the 2nd half. Maybe it should be expected that Wazzu start with the ball at the Colly St 30 every drive, or field position fortune ran out at half

Last edited:
I think the fact that Wazzu could have kneeled the game out trumps all

Yeah. I'm not sure if this play impacted the ATS winner, but really the only one I could think of to trump it ...

[video=youtube_share;g8wS-Sg0IXY]http://youtu.be/g8wS-Sg0IXY[/video]

I had wazzou and duke last year. I'm rarely on the right side of these, damn. Three knees you stupid attorney......

csu significantly outgained Washington state. I actually don't have much of a problem with someone who thinks csu was the correct side in the game ( even though I think that was largely a product of Washington state leading by dd most of the game ). But being the right or wrong side of the play itself is different than a bad beat, imo. Washington State could have taken three knees to win, chose not to and got punished by fumbling ( great play by a great csu defender, I might add ) the game away. In other words, wazzou could have been a bad beat and the wrong side at the same time. I think if you asked wazzu backers the game is still sticking in their craw a bit and it has been a few days. I am not sure if you are trying to be funny or if you are serious. I expected to run into disagreement on a few games but not this one, I had Duke in the belk last year and Washington state was worse because the game was literally over with three successful snaps. In other words, Duke actually had to run plays and defend plays so making blunders was possible,,,, what Washington state did was nearly impossible. It reminded me of what led to teams taking knees to begin with ... coach Edwards ...

http://<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/g8wS-Sg0IXY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

Oops, sorry VK, guess I should have scrolled up. Beat me to it!

The avg length of Wazzu's 4 TD drives in the 1st half was 29.5yds. The other TD came on an unsportsmanlike conduct penalty on 4th &22. In fact Wazzu scored 7pts total on drives that didn't start in Colly St territory or aided by personal foul penalties on 4th. Just so happened those were 7 of the 10 pts Wazzu scored in the 2nd half. Maybe it should be expected that Wazzu start with the ball at the Colly St 30 every drive, or field position fortune ran out at half

I still am not sold that is Wazzou getting "fortunate." They blocked a punt, got a turnover (the very next play after CSU had gotten an int), and the rest was a field position battle. So I'm not sure how that's fortunate.

Field position ion plays big in every game. Example: I had Tulane and when they mounted their comeback, they were dominating field position....well in the 4th qtr that flipped in ULL's favor and they ended up winning (even though Tulane was the Better team for 3 qtrs).

Bottom line, wazzou was covering nearly the entire game. I honestly don't see how anyone could feel anything but fortunate about covering this line if you had Colo St.

Ive vey had wazzou big and Bama (vs A&M) real big at -8.....both absolutely brutal losses

I've asked this numerous times, why do teams like Wazzu not kneel on the ball 3 times even if it means having to punt before time runs out? If I'm on defense, the only way I have a chance to win is to strip the ball. If they kneel on it I have no chance. Even if they kneel on it twice and run on 3rd down I have a lesser chance of winning after stripping the ball. Wazzu was at 2 minutes and could have kneeled out more than half the clock with an 8pt lead. Stupidity is mind boggling in this situation.

Agreed wise.

After the Conner almost fumbling debacle I was praying they would just kneel it. They wouldn't have drained all the clock, but after they would have punted, Colo St would have been inside their 20 most likely with around 20-25 seconds left. Much more comfortable situation IMO

Equally as stupid as not kneeling it is that after the fumble was reversed that dumb ass Halliday ran the next play with 20 seconds left on the play clock. How some of these coaches make so much money but don't understand the details is mind-boggling. Leach should have been telling him that the need to snap it with 2 sec left on the clock, they were on the sideline together for 5 minutes while they reviewed the previous play ffs.

I was on the winning side of both the bad beats. I think it is payback for being on Duke in the Belk Bowl last year. Worst beat I can remember in any sport ever in my betting career

I had Ball State vs niu ( including keyed in ten pt teasers )
duke in the belk
wazzu in the new mexico

Pretty sure the ball state one is the worst because it was a combination of the belk AND the new mexico bowl debacles.

I consider wash st a worse beat than duke so I think you netted out behind there.

Well that and a team who can't run to seal the game.

You've said this three or four times but I am not sure how it is relevant in the new mexico bowl. We all know and knew Washington state can't run the ball and that their short passing game acts as their running game. Obviously this isn't generally a better way to run out the clock but it is who Washington State is. but in the new mexico bowl, Washington state did the following ...

[TABLE="class: mod-data mod-pbp"]
<tbody>[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="colspan: 2"]1st and 10 at WSU 18[/TD]
[TD]Connor Halliday pass complete to Kristoff Williams for 2 yards to the WshSt 20.[/TD]
[TD="class: bi, align: center"]45[/TD]
[TD="class: bi, align: center"]37[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody><tbody>[TR="class: even"]
[TD="colspan: 2"]2nd and 8 at WSU 20[/TD]
[TD]Timeout COLORADO STATE, clock 2:43.[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody><tbody>[TR="class: odd"]
[TD]Connor Halliday pass complete to River Cracraft for 2 yards to the WshSt 22.[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody><tbody>[TR="class: even"]
[TD="colspan: 2"]3rd and 6 at WSU 22[/TD]
[TD]Timeout COLORADO STATE, clock 2:36.[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody><tbody>[TR="class: odd"]
[TD]Connor Halliday pass complete to Rickey Galvin for 9 yards to the WshSt 31 for a 1ST down.

So they had short pass, clock running, short pass running clock which used up the rams timeouts and then short pass first down. How could the running of the ball to get to knees have done any better than what they did?[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

The Wazzu runner who ultimately fumbled the ball on 2nd and very long was fighting to stay off the ground to try and gain what? Another half yard to make it 3rd and 8 instead 3rd and 8.5??? Shouldn't the mentality switch to what the scoreboard is dictating? Run the clock and you win. No 1st down needed. Getting to the ground quickly with the clock running perhaps would be more important than keeping the play alive to give the defense an opportunity to strip? The more I think about this the more disgusted I get with the stupidity because it caused those kids a rather easy Bowl game victory.

Obviously, they should have been taking knees at that point, Wise. My question was more why anyone brings up their "inability " to run the ball for a first down when they had three plays that chewed timeouts or clock and got them the game winning first down. Their "inability" to run was not a factor other than it should have been one more deterrent to running to contact ( as if the halliday fumble wasn't enough to knock sense into a stubborn coach ).

Pretty sure Silky is just pulling our chain rubbing in what some are considering the worst cfb bad beat of the year. Ball State was worse imo ... auburn/uga and tosu/nw were not as bad.

You've said this three or four times but I am not sure how it is relevant in the new mexico bowl. We all know and knew Washington state can't run the ball and that their short passing game acts as their running game. Obviously this isn't generally a better way to run out the clock but it is who Washington State is. but in the new mexico bowl, Washington state did the following ...

[TABLE="class: mod-data mod-pbp"]
<tbody>[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="colspan: 2"]1st and 10 at WSU 18[/TD]
[TD]Connor Halliday pass complete to Kristoff Williams for 2 yards to the WshSt 20.[/TD]
[TD="class: bi, align: center"]45[/TD]
[TD="class: bi, align: center"]37[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even"]
[TD]Timeout COLORADO STATE, clock 2:43.[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd"]
[TD]Connor Halliday pass complete to River Cracraft for 2 yards to the WshSt 22.[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Timeout COLORADO STATE, clock 2:36.[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD]Connor Halliday pass complete to Rickey Galvin for 9 yards to the WshSt 31 for a 1ST down.

So they had short pass, clock running, short pass running clock which used up the rams timeouts and then short pass first down. How could the running of the ball to get to knees have done any better than what they did?[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

[TABLE="class: mod-data mod-pbp, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: team-color-strip, bgcolor: transparent"]
[TH="colspan: 3"]Washington State at 6:20[/TH]
[TH="align: right"]WSU[/TH]
[TH="align: right"]CSU[/TH]
[/TR]
[TR="class: odd, bgcolor: transparent"]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1, colspan: 2"]1st and 10 at WSU 18[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]Teondray Caldwell rush for 2 yards to the WshSt 20.[/TD]
[TD="class: bi, bgcolor: #F1F1F1, align: center"]45[/TD]
[TD="class: bi, bgcolor: #F1F1F1, align: center"]30[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR="class: even, bgcolor: transparent"]
[TD]Connor Halliday rush for 3 yards to the WshSt 23.[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1, colspan: 2"]3rd and 5 at WSU 23[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]Connor Halliday pass complete to Gabe Marks for 7 yards to the WshSt 30 for a 1ST down.[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]1st and 10 at WSU 30[/TD]
[TD]Teondray Caldwell rush for 5 yards to the WshSt 35.[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1, colspan: 2"]2nd and 5 at WSU 35[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]Timeout COLORADO STATE, clock 4:32.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]2nd and 5 at WSU 35[/TD]
[TD]Connor Halliday pass incomplete to Gabe Marks.[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1, colspan: 2"]3rd and 5 at WSU 35[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]Connor Halliday pass incomplete to Gabe Marks.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]4th and 5 at WSU 35[/TD]
[TD]Wes Concepcion punt for 37 yards, fair catch by Joe Hansley at the ColSt 28.[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Maybe take a peek a drive earlier with 6:20 to play, up 15pts & a 1st down rush causing Colo St to use its 1st TO. 2 incomplete passes on 2nd & 3rd down using up a grand total of 4 secs of clock. Meanwhile the 2 runs prior to the run that caused the Colo ST TO used 1:10 of clock time. Here's how simply running on 2nd & 5 and 3rd & 5 up 15 with 4:32 to play in your own side of the field changes things.

- Colo State would need to use both of its remaining Timeouts to force a punt & save clock for the 2 scores they need. Thus The Rams dont have the 2 used in Wash St's final drive, and 1:30 of clock at the end of the game is now gone. (Remember Wash St stopped the clock itself on the 2 incompletions)

- Take away 1:30 of clock from the next Colo St possession that starts at 4:17 and spans 1:25 to 2:52. Another :3 for the KO return and Wash States final drive starts at 1:19, not 2:49 and Leach isnt left with 3mins of clock to kill. just 1:19 so even if everything else stays the same & the kid fumbles, there isnt time to kick the FG in the end. The time has expired.

But didnt happen that way, Leach passed 2 stright times during the 4 minute drill up 15

Last edited:
Better example with the timestamps

[TABLE="class: table table-left table-striped table-bordered, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: even"]
[TD="class: dleft first_child, bgcolor: #F9F9F9, colspan: 2"]1st down at WashSt18[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F9F9F9"]6:20 Caldwell rush middle for 2 yards to the WashSt20.[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F9F9F9"][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: dleft first_child, colspan: 2"]2nd down at WashSt20[/TD]
[TD]5:53 Halliday rush right for 2 yards to the WashSt22.[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: dleft first_child, bgcolor: #F9F9F9, colspan: 2"]3rd down at WashSt22[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F9F9F9"]5:10 Halliday pass completion to the right to Marks for 9 yards to the WashSt31.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: dleft first_child, colspan: 2"]1st down at WashSt31[/TD]
[TD]4:38 Caldwell rush left for 4 yards to the WashSt35.[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: dleft first_child, bgcolor: #F9F9F9, colspan: 2"][/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F9F9F9"]4:32 Colorado State time out.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: dleft first_child, colspan: 2"]2nd down at WashSt35[/TD]
[TD]4:32 Halliday incomplete pass to the right.[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: dleft first_child, bgcolor: #F9F9F9, colspan: 2"]3rd down at WashSt35[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F9F9F9"]4:28 Halliday incomplete pass to the right.[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="class: dleft first_child, colspan: 2"]4th down at WashSt35[/TD]
[TD]4:24 Concepcion punts. No return. Ball on ColoSt28.[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

It may suck, it may be unfortunate & some may hate having been on that side. But If we are going to dismiss all the fortunate stuff that Wash St enjoyed in the 1st half as ohh thats football, then do the same with the second half.

Both teams had shitty things happen to them, just so happens Colo St had theirs happen in the 1st half, Wash St the 2nd. If there is anything to feel beat about its what I just pointed to, up 15 after forcing the other team to use its 1st timeout, 2nd & 5 an incomplete pass, 3rd & 5 and incomplete pass. Be mad that 2 plays that could have either eaten Timeouts or 1:30 of clock, only used 4 secs of clock and no timeouts.

Silk, just admit the luckbox improbability of a team snapping the ball with 20 seconds on the play clock and inexplicably not taking a knee. Congrats on the win, but Jesus, quit arguing it wasn't a bad beat for the ages. Gamblers will talk about it for years. Even the winners won't remember whatever the fuck you're referring to in the first half. They'll just remember lucking out in the last couple minutes.

Silk's the most competitive capper on the site, I'll say that. He bristles at the suggestion of a lucky win. Rams were never in doubt.

[TABLE="class: mod-data mod-pbp, width: 100%"]
<tbody>[TR="class: team-color-strip, bgcolor: transparent"]
[TH="colspan: 3"]Washington State at 6:20
[/TH]
[TH="align: right"]WSU
[/TH]
[TH="align: right"]CSU
[/TH]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1, colspan: 2"]1st and 10 at WSU 18
[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]Teondray Caldwell rush for 2 yards to the WshSt 20.
[/TD]
[TD="class: bi, bgcolor: #F1F1F1, align: center"]45
[/TD]
[TD="class: bi, bgcolor: #F1F1F1, align: center"]30
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]2nd and 8 at WSU 20
[/TD]
[TD]Connor Halliday rush for 3 yards to the WshSt 23.
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1, colspan: 2"]3rd and 5 at WSU 23
[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]Connor Halliday pass complete to Gabe Marks for 7 yards to the WshSt 30 for a 1ST down.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]1st and 10 at WSU 30
[/TD]
[TD]Teondray Caldwell rush for 5 yards to the WshSt 35.
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1, colspan: 2"]2nd and 5 at WSU 35
[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]Timeout COLORADO STATE, clock 4:32.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]2nd and 5 at WSU 35
[/TD]
[TD]Connor Halliday pass incomplete to Gabe Marks.
[/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[TD][/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1, colspan: 2"]3rd and 5 at WSU 35
[/TD]
[TD="bgcolor: #F1F1F1"]Connor Halliday pass incomplete to Gabe Marks.
[/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]4th and 5 at WSU 35
[/TD]
[TD]Wes Concepcion punt for 37 yards, fair catch by Joe Hansley at the ColSt 28.
[/TD]
[/TR]
</tbody>[/TABLE]

Maybe take a peek a drive earlier with 6:20 to play, up 15pts & a 1st down rush causing Colo St to use its 1st TO. 2 incomplete passes on 2nd & 3rd down using up a grand total of 4 secs of clock. Meanwhile the 2 runs prior to the run that caused the Colo ST TO used 1:10 of clock time. Here's how simply running on 2nd & 5 and 3rd & 5 up 15 with 4:32 to play in your own side of the field changes things.

- Colo State would need to use both of its remaining Timeouts to force a punt & save clock for the 2 scores they need. Thus The Rams dont have the 2 used in Wash St's final drive, and 1:30 of clock at the end of the game is now gone. (Remember Wash St stopped the clock itself on the 2 incompletions)

- Take away 1:30 of clock from the next Colo St possession that starts at 4:17 and spans 1:25 to 2:52. Another :3 for the KO return and Wash States final drive starts at 1:19, not 2:49 and Leach isnt left with 3mins of clock to kill. just 1:19 so even if everything else stays the same & the kid fumbles, there isnt time to kick the FG in the end. The time has expired.

But didnt happen that way, Leach passed 2 stright times during the 4 minute drill up 15

Right ...that is bad coaching .... getting the first down doesn't even matter at that point .. just chew the clock and win.

But the grand point is even with Leach passing when he should have ran three times and punted earlier the game ... they got the first down to knees at the end ... they just forgot to kneel.

Even if csu got unlucky the entire game leading up to that point ( which I don't see ) .. not taking three knees ( As Corky from "Life Goes On" would have known to do ) and winning, then running to a fumble, getting lucky the player was down and a reverse on replay , then snapping with 20 on the play clock , then running to a fumble again is so unbelievable it would boggle the mind.

as for the first half .. what about the gift wrapped 3 points Leach gave them to end that?

Anyway, this is a silly debate. It doesn't matter much going forward other than adjusting more in the future for Leach's poor game management and realizing McElwain's days at csu are numbered before he gets a big gig. I am more just testing a theory here about whether there are more bad beats in bowl season than a single weekend full slate of regular season games. I wasn't looking to debate theory on whether bad beats exist or not ( certainly if this doesn't qualify it is hard to find one that would. Again, just assuming you are having fun at our expense and aren't being serious. Thanks for the salt to the wound. )

For the life of me I still just cannot see how wazzou got all the lucky bounces in the 1st half lol. I guess we could make that point about every game ever played with both teams though.
What very rarely happens is getting 4 timeouts in a half, though. But I guess Colorado st wasn't lucky for that.

I have been on both the lucky and unlucky side before, and each time I can admit what side I was on.

Clown, I was on all those bad beats you are talking about. Was on Duke last year in the Belk. Was on Ball St at N. Illinois, that was a debacle for sure. Wazzu was the worst definitely. Leach should get fired for that. How you don't take 2 knees and punt is beyond me. Wazzu doesn't have the running game that can pick up 10 yards on 2nd and 10 when they know your gonna run it. So why try? Plus, your giving the ball to guys that rarely handle it, since you never run it.

I only saw last night's game during the end of the 1Q and early 2Q so I'm not altogether sure what happened in the 2H. Was Boise a bad beat based on the defensive scores? Those weren't just any turnovers, they were definitely right place right time by Reynolds. Boise got the better of the box score (apart from sacks and ypc) but that may have been a function of OSU going vanilla in the 2H with a big lead. Again, I didn't see it. Boise wasn't exactly putting the OSU offense on lockdown.

I only saw last night's game during the end of the 1Q and early 2Q so I'm not altogether sure what happened in the 2H. Was Boise a bad beat based on the defensive scores? Those weren't just any turnovers, they were definitely right place right time by Reynolds. Boise got the better of the box score (apart from sacks and ypc) but that may have been a function of OSU going vanilla in the 2H with a big lead. Again, I didn't see it. Boise wasn't exactly putting the OSU offense on lockdown.

I only saw the first half. Oregon state did anything they wanted and bois moved it fairly well too. Boise couldn't finish a drive off though. Oregon State came out 2h same as the first and it was 38-6 and they just shut it down from there because the game was over.

I only saw the first half. Oregon state did anything they wanted and bois moved it fairly well too. Boise couldn't finish a drive off though. Oregon State came out 2h same as the first and it was 38-6 and they just shut it down from there because the game was over.

i was on the over. this one wasn't a bad beat. but the play did get Langed. (unfortunately, i found that out after the fact.)

I think the fact that Wazzu could have kneeled the game out trumps all
100 percent right that coach for wash state should get fired . that game was unreal how can you run a play when the game is 100 percent over unless the QB fucks up the snap . who would want to play for a coach like that a loser.

Wash St. was a bad beat, and I wouldn't want to be on a side that is worse than that in the upcoming bowls. Ohio was also a bad beat, but not not as bad as Wash St. ECU simply scored a backdoor td that we see very often in NCAA football.

Back