Boston College @ Virginia Tech

spanishshark

Youngest guy on the forum
20-17 YTD
20-16 ATS
0-1 Totals

I'm not buying it. I'm not buying all the hoopla about BC playing in a very loud and hostile environment. Solution: Stick a couple of un-answered TD scores up VT's ass, the crowd will dissapear. I'm not buying all the hoopla about all the #2 ranked teams have lost so BC will too. Solution: BC wins the freakin game. I'm not buying all the hoopla that VT is prepared for this game and will beat BC straight up. Solution: BC had a bye week and most of their injured players are back. They also have the best QB and probably a Heisman candidate in Matt Ryan. Even if the hokies play Tyrod Taylor (who is injured), I dont think they will be able to get by BC. The hokies are 13-2 on Thursday Night games and guess who the 2 losses were to? :smiley_acbe:

Boston College + 3 1/2 (5dimes)

damn spanish I was hoping u was on VT as I have faded u the last couple of thursdays starting with fsu and wakegood luck buddy

damn spanish I was hoping u was on VT as I have faded u the last couple of thursdays starting with fsu and wakegood luck buddy

Yep, that USF was particularly a bad beat. But anyways, dont all bad streaks come to an end too? haha If you look before those 2 last Thursday night games I believe I was on a nice win streak too. Good luck on whatever you do tonight. Fade at will bud, thats what its all about :cheers:

not sure fading 20-17 cappers is a money making extravaganza. All i got is the under tonight. gl spanish

The hokies are 13-2 on Thursday Night games and guess who the 2 losses were to? :smiley_acbe:

Boston College + 3 1/2 (5dimes)

At least one of those games was played at BC. Blacksburg is a tough place to play a night game. It was either last year or the year before when Clemson came in as a fav on Thursday & got the shit kicked out of them. Right then I vowed to never bet against VT at home in a night game. Good luck though, I'll be pulling for BC with no wager.

At least one of those games was played at BC. Blacksburg is a tough place to play a night game. It was either last year or the year before when Clemson came in as a fav on Thursday & got the shit kicked out of them. Right then I vowed to never bet against VT at home in a night game. Good luck though, I'll be pulling for BC with no wager.

No surprise there with the way Clemsux plays

BC is different and I really think they roll VT convincingly if they keep the special teams mistakes to a minimum. If you keep VT from making big plays on special teams, I just don't see them hanging on Offense/Defense. If BC gives up a blocked punt for a TD in a crucial moment to let the crowd back in, it'll be a longer night than expected. I think it will look like the BC/GT game in the sense that it was never really close

No surprise there with the way Clemsux plays

If you keep VT from making big plays on special teams, I just don't see them hanging on Offense/Defense.

Damn, thats the truth. VT has always been an oportunistic football team. Man, did I ever hate to see them play Miami. Dont make a mistake or you will pay for it. BC has to play as close to a mistake free game as possible.

vegaskyle..............Thanks for the kind words. The end of the season record is all we care about, right? :cheers:

I think rain helps BC.

Their big OL will be able to overpower the VT dline and control them since their speed in the trenches will be elminated. BC has a solid run defense rain or shine and VT has not moved the ball all that great in dry weather so I see things just getting worse in the rain. BC has balance and VT does not.

naw Im leaning to BC but im scuuuuuuuuuurrd
Go ahead and say it.."I'm scuuuurd cause the shark is on BC" lol...:36_11_6: Go with your gut man. Make a small wager and just make it interesting for yourself.

etg......VT does have a good defense against the run. What do you think?

etg......VT does have a good defense against the run. What do you think?

certainly but BC has balance on offense and they are not 1 dimensional. No one can honestly tell me they won't feel the injuries at LB..

"With the loss of Vince Hall and possible loss of Cam Martin, this group has turned into more of the triceps of the team. Xavier Adibi still makes this group good, but Brett Warren will be making his second career start and if Martin cannot go, then it will be Cody Grimm's first career start. Adibi will have to step up and become the vocal leader that Hall was and lead this group throughout the game."

That is too much inexperience there in the middle of the field.

Here is my bottom line. VT has no offense at all, what they are suppose to do best is run the ball and they don't even do that good. They will face a stiff challenege on offense. VT can win this game with the help of timely special teams plays and turnovers. If they have no big plays on special teams, I don't see them winning the game.

Take this example..

If BC and VT play a clean game with no turnovers or special teams mishaps.. Who wins and what is the score? I think BC by 10+

etg, when was the last time vt played a home game in which there were no to's or special teams mishaps. thats why they've been a powerhouse lately. i think we all know bc's fg kicker is a major downfall with this team. ive seen most of there games, and i swear half of his kicks are line drives. i'd be willing to bet dollars to doughnuts one of those kicks gets blocked and taken the other way tonight. i dont know i just cant bet against a bud foster defense at a home night game on national tv. i will be on vt -3 small. best of luck to everyone.

with you shark. ill take +3.5 with the "#2" team. A lot of upsets this year so far. I think the public will think this will be another upset. Therefore I will play against Vegas and hopefully there will be no upset.

etg.....Again, I think you're right that this game will come down to mistakes and good plays on special teams. I'm more than happy to take those 3 1/2 points here. Also thinking of a small ML play too. :cheers:

tigercub.....Well stated. I wish you health on tonight's game. It should be a good one to say the least. :shake:

wheezy........It definitely has been an interesting season thus far, especially for the top 10 teams. Lets cash this one. :cheers:

With you on BC and also the ML +145.

Dr. Bob usually releases his picks around 5:30 -5:45 est on Thursdays

hopefully hes on BC so i can just wait for the massive line movement and pound VT at +90 :36_11_6:

P-Unit, CHSGTMD, BetTheRent, Thanks guys. Good luck to us tonight :cheers:

BigRaktor......I think BC TT of 20 is pretty much on the money since VT allows an average 15 points per game. IMO 20 is going to be a toss up for me and that weather might play a big factor on it. Good luck man. :shake:

hey shark.......what do you think on the over/under for this boston college game at 42.5? do you have any picks for the air force/new mex game? thanks

Congrats.. :cheers:

Picked up 6 units also on 2h wager but glad the game wagers came in also..:smiley_acbe:

VT got lucky the refs handed them a touchdown Finally a win spanish and i wasnt scurrrred

:36_11_6: You guys are cracking me up. I got lucky ???? VT gets a free 7 points on a terrible officiating call and I got lucky? :36_11_6::36_11_6:

:36_11_6: You guys are cracking me up. I got lucky ???? VT gets a free 7 points on a terrible officiating call and I got lucky? :36_11_6::36_11_6:
If you wanna call it like that it was a free 4 points because they would have made that chip shot field goal...Im not trying to start shit but the fact that you dont feel the least bit lucky to have won that game is absurd

In all Seriousness though Congrats on your win Shark and good luck this weekend:cheers:

If you wanna call it like that it was a free 4 points because they would have made that chip shot field goal...Im not trying to start shit but the fact that you dont feel the least bit lucky to have won that game is absurd

In all Seriousness though Congrats on your win Shark and good luck this weekend:cheers:

Ofcourse I feel lucky $$CMoney$$, not lucky that VT was a better team and was gonna kill BC but lucky that I didnt get the shaft up my ass due to a bad call AGAIN. :shake:

Whatever, you won... I lost... sometimes thats the the way the "onside kick" bounces. Congrats!
:cheers:

Back