Boston @ Angels Series

I will never understand the squeeze for the following reasons
-a flyball gives you the go-ahead run. the infield is in so it's easier to get a basehit.
-you're on the road in the ninth inning. If this gets fucked up then you've destroyed any momentum you had and given it right back to Boston. The Angels had momentum after tying it up. Why risk it on a squeeze play? You won't have the last at bat in this game. Is it really worth it?
- It was a 2-0 count, why the rush to make something happen? Why are you helping a pitcher who can't find the plate in this at bat?

I'm sure some will disagree, but that was a huge blunder that probably cost the Angels the series.

- It was a 2-0 count, why the rush to make something happen? Why are you helping a pitcher who can't find the plate in this at bat?

I'm sure some will disagree, but that was a huge blunder that probably cost the Angels the series.

on this one im really split

you can say why bunt if the guy cant throw a strike.. why not take some pitches and make him throw a strike

OR

you can say well hes down 2-0, hes going to have to sneak in a fastball over the plate here

ive been going back and forth here.... just like i have been on the idea of doing the squeeze play.

-pinch hitting was not an option here. willits was running for morales, GM JR is a strikeout prone piece of shit-which is the last thing u want here, and morales pinch hit to lead off the inning.

so with that, you had to roll with aybar.
he has been the best player all year on the angels laying down the bunt, and has gotten on base many times beating out throws and bunting himself on.
he came through the other day in a pressure situation, so you gotta think the kid can at least get his bat on the ball

if he lays it down sucessffuly, and doesnt pop it up, or do what he did and miss, then theres a great chance willits beats it home and the angels take the lead

i dont know if the play was right or wrong. been flip flopping all morning thinking about it

vlad cost em game 1. totally turned the series around.

i wasnt as mad when it happend, as much as dissapointed...... till i saw the 3rd base coach the next morning.

vlad is just a big goofy fucker who tries to do it all himself, as he was probably still reeling from that early atbat with 2 men on in the 1st, when he had that terrible hack-a-shaq atbat and struck out chasing some ridiculous pitches.... when lester was having some serious early control issues and coudlnt throw a strike. vlad knows he should have been more patient and took some pitches.

then of course lester settles down and vlad feels he has to redeem himself for not capatilizing on those early miscues by lester

so i couldnt fault vlad too much, unless he blatantly blew through the stop-sign by the 3rd base coach.... which you really couldnt tell from the camera angles/replay watching the game.

the next morning, on sportcenter, watching the 3rd base coach jump up and down flailing his arms for vlad to hold at 2nd.....

at that point i was very mad at vlad. :shake:

I think you're overselling the Angels "easy" reg season finish. Playing the World Champs who also happen to have had their number previously got in their heads, from my pov. Which isn't my saying I think this Angels team is a world beating one (if they'd bypassed the Sox I'd still be lumping for Tampa), just I don't believe their reg season end can be pointed to to explain what happened here.

well, bc, i am not placing ALL of the blame on the regular season end. I am placing the blame on concentration and lack of execution. I think that it simply has a link to how they dragged their feet for the last dozen or so games. I'm not saying it is a direct correlation, but it is certainly related imo.

Back