Bones nfl season 2016

bones

We Must Protect Our Democracy
Well, it's that time of year & glad to be back. Unfortunately, I will not be around to watch much action until early November.

I think this is my 5th year of posting & I'm sure somebody knows my record (I sure don't). In any case, had some success and NFL is my "hobby" in the Fall.

I have wagered on these Regular Season win/loss totals:

NY Giants Over 8 Wins @ -155: I think Giants win the NFC East (all my selections on Over I'm counting to win their division). With Romo out & Eagles problems I am counting on at least a 4-2 record in the East. They also play Minnesota early (week #4 ) who will not be the same w/o Teddy. I can see a 4-0 start, but in any case think a 6-2 start is within realm (loss to Packers & ?). Weeks 9 thru 12 they have Eagles, Bengals, Bears @ home and Browns on the road. They could go 4-0 or 3-1 in that stretch. Last 3 weeks are Lions @ home and finish with Eagles & Skins on the road. Giants may have the over 8 after week 12 but am betting they are 8-4 or 7-5 after their game against the Steelers week 13.

Pitt Steelers Over 10.5 Wins @+110: I have them as SB champs, but regardless I like their schedule thru week 6.Their weakness is the 2dary, but with a Skins, Bengals, Eagles, KC, Jets & Miami start it seems 5-1 is not out of the question. Of course they get the Browns twice (counting both as a win) and have the NFC East this year with Dallas and Giants @ home. See a 3-1 record there. So, 3-1 against NFC East, 4-2 within their division, they need to go 4-2 against KC, Jets, Miami, NE, Colts & Bills. Think they will get this done and @ +110 it's worth the shot.

NE Patriots Over 10.5 Wins @ -135: They have NFC West and have to play AZ Cards to start, which I am grading as a loss for purposes of season win wager. They get SHawks @ home in November and Rams in December. I am saying they go 2-2 against NFC West at worst. I just need them to start 2-2 w/o Brady. Counting on them dominating their division. Not as confident as the others, but if they manage to go 3-1 in first four games it would be great. May go down to wire, but 11-5 seems very doable. Of course, it could go south early.

Houston Texans Over 8.5 Wins @ -110:
Weak division and they catch the NFC North and play Bears & Lions @ home. This is not a 'homer wager'. Just look at their schedule and see them @ over .500 and with -110 I am on it.

Wash Redskins Under 7.5 Wins @ +105:Start with a loss to Steelers. Think they will go 1-3 against AFC North. This may be close, but @ 9-7 last year and playing an improved Giants twice 8-8 will be better than expected. I admit that a 4-3 start would not surprise me. But, I'm counting defeats at hands of Steelers, Ravens, Bengals, Packers, Cards and Panthers. A 1-5 or 2-4 record in these games requires a 7-3 or 6-4 record otherwise. Just see regression, but we shall see.

Steelers to win SB here in Houston +800

Good luck to all of you and I'll be posting if & when I can. Since it will not be regular, at least for now I'll post all my selections here. :shake2:

Last edited:
GL Bones, I've got some of that Steelers >10.5 at plus money as well. I'm holding off on a SB bet on them until at least after week 2. I could see a stumble out of the gate for them the first two weeks at Washington and vs. Cincy without Bell, Bryant, Green and Dupree before the schedule gets much more favorable. An 0-2 start could sneak their odds up to double digits. However a 2-0 start may not impact their odds much. Low risk IMO.

Thanks Tito, Scopey & Gandolf: Well, we've made it to a new NFL season. Always good to hear from you 3. Best of luck to us all.

Like I said, I will not be around as much until November (project out of town), so not sure I'll post picks every week - no study time.

Tito: glad you agree on Giants. Is that your team?

Damn, Gandolf wish I thought your Pitt SB "wait" through like you did. Good analysis and good luck.

Alright men, let's get it.:shake2:

WEEK #1 Selections (I'll post all in this window):

GIANTS -.5 (-120) Dak Prescott starting in this 1st game. Best of luck to him. I have not looked up the stats, but my recall is Boys have been bad covering the 1H line @ home for years now. May consider a 1H Giants wager. Only thing I do not like is that the public is currently all on the Giants too. I bought the .5 and will count on Giants not giving the game away this year. By the way, the Giants ML is -120, so either way WIN

TNF: Under 20.5 1H -110 I see 2 good defenses & rookie QB. Thursday night is a good under in 1H, but since this is Week#1 don't count that as a factor. Lose

Chargers +7 -110 WIN

Saints ML - 135 LOSE

Patriots +7 -110 WIN

PITT/SKINS UNDER 25 1H -110 WIN

4-2 Week #1

Last edited:
Yeah, Giants are my team...they got some new names on D, it will be an improved unit, but anything is from last season. I'm close to playing them on Sunday, not giving too much weight to the pre-season for either side. Pre-season - Giants O is not that bad and Prescott is not that good. Giants also have the luxury of going against, imo, not a very strong Defense on Sunday. I think they will be able to score plenty and hopefully they can stop the Elliot behind that o-line.

Added Chargers and Patriots +7 each and Saints ML above in post #6

Sorry no analysis - no time and will not see games. I'm "light"on all three due to 1st week and my schedule...not able to do usual work

Good Luck

On a personal note, The 9-11-01 tribute in NY today is truly touching. The family members reading the names is something. Never forget

Looks like I am against you today, good health. I'm sure we will see it the same way more times then not throughout the season :shake:

Back