BOB time-INGAME

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Well, its Thursday.

Wantede to have time to review last weeks plays. Think its a good idea per what Gar said, got a lunch date though.

Feel free to do so.

And go Bob..create value for us sir:tiphat:

Well, its Thursday.

Wantede to have time to review last weeks plays. Think its a good idea per what Gar said, got a lunch date though.

Feel free to do so.

And go Bob..create value for us sir:tiphat:

I thought we discussed that we were going to alternate between his mom and his sister, and you go and book two dates. :seeya:

Minnesota
Bama
GT
Mississippi

I'm guessing 1 or 2 of those are Bob Plays

Here are the ones that concern me the most that I might want to get down now:

Alabama
Kansas
South Florida

Thoughts?

Thinking Minny too is a play. Everything sets up nicely for "Bob's type of game"

he's been high on KU this year, i dont have the numbers in front of me but off the top of my head i can remember 3 times hes played them

the line got hit down all the way from -2.5 down to PK in the last 36 hours or so

already took KU at -2 earlier in the week because im an idiot so either way not worried about bob.

USF- no idea.

I have the day off so I will actually be able to join you all for the festivities this time.

Cut n Paste from last week's thread:

9 College Best Bets this week

Rotation #304 TCU (-2) 2-Stars at -2 1/2 or less.
Rotation #339 Akron (-3 1/2) 3-Stars at -6 or less, 2-Stars at -6 1/2 or -7, 4-Stars at -2 1/2 points.
Rotation #350 Navy (+3) 2-Stars at +3 (-115 odds or better) or more.
Rotation #353 Missouri (+5) 3-Stars at +3 1/2 or more, 4-Stars at +6 or more, 2-Stars at +3.
Rotation #358 Northern Illinois (-8 1/2) 3-Stars at -9 or less, 2-Stars at -9 1/2 or -10.
Rotation #360 Nevada (-21) 2-Stars at -23 or less.
Rotation #364 Penn State (-23 1/2) 3-Stars at -26 or less, 2-Stars at -26 1/2 or -27.
Rotation #367 Oregon State (-14) 3-Stars at -16 1/2 or less, 2-Stars at -17.
Rotation #393 Stanford (-1 1/2) 2-Stars at -3 or less, 3-Stars at -1 or better.

He also had 6 strong opinions which finished 3-3, unfortunately Florida State was listed as potential best bet if the line moved to -10, and I'm pretty sure I saw some 10s last Thursday (was there a 9.5 as well?), so I have to subtract an additional 2 start best bet.

Looks like he wound up with ten plays and finished 6-4. If you had bet $1000 for each star he recommended you would have won $6100 which is certainly respectable. 5 plays were 3 stars and 5 plays were 2 stars so for those of you who flat bet as I do, he made just under 2.5 units. Not a bad week, not a great week, somewhere in between, but profitable is always good.

Its got to be Kent State.Mother fucker. It was -8 now -5.Fuck. I bet its this one. Out of all the games. Fuck you Bob if you took it.

My commentary from last week:

It is unfair though to be a Monday morning QB and critisize his plays after they've lost. So I will pick on two that I don't like that have yet to go.

I think Stanford is highly questionable. The only team they beat on the road was UW and that was the game when Locker got hurt so the team wasn't ready to respond in his absence. The talent between these two is similar, maybe even an edge to the Bruins. You know Chow will make all the halftime adjustments to keep them in the game just as he does every week, so unless Stanford can get out to a multiple TD lead at the half they are in deep shit.

I also question just how good Akron is at this point. They clearly are a middle of the pack MAC team. EMU is not good, but they have proven time and time again they can be dangerous, so I wouldn't want to be laying those points on the road either. Favorites in the MAC are just very suspect to begin with which is why I wouldn't take NIU either, but that one is probably a little better given Toledo's situation.

And I don't necessarily see AZ/Cal as an UNDER game, but I suck at totals anyway. Tenn -7 might be alright, but 7.5 is dangerous.

I think the best plays he recommends are OSU -pts vs. Baylor as the Pokes should run for about 350 and may pass for another 200. I think Iowa is a solid lay, and I think Nevada will come free and clear of USU by about 5 TDs.

Damn I'm good. Had that shit nailed. The only thing I was wrong about was Tennessee who could have comfortably laid a lot more points so the diff between 7 and 7.5 ended up not mattering. I was so on the money with those predictions. Hopefully I can replicate that.

My commentary from last week:

It is unfair though to be a Monday morning QB and critisize his plays after they've lost. So I will pick on two that I don't like that have yet to go.

I think Stanford is highly questionable. The only team they beat on the road was UW and that was the game when Locker got hurt so the team wasn't ready to respond in his absence. The talent between these two is similar, maybe even an edge to the Bruins. You know Chow will make all the halftime adjustments to keep them in the game just as he does every week, so unless Stanford can get out to a multiple TD lead at the half they are in deep shit.

I also question just how good Akron is at this point. They clearly are a middle of the pack MAC team. EMU is not good, but they have proven time and time again they can be dangerous, so I wouldn't want to be laying those points on the road either. Favorites in the MAC are just very suspect to begin with which is why I wouldn't take NIU either, but that one is probably a little better given Toledo's situation.

And I don't necessarily see AZ/Cal as an UNDER game, but I suck at totals anyway. Tenn -7 might be alright, but 7.5 is dangerous.

I think the best plays he recommends are OSU -pts vs. Baylor as the Pokes should run for about 350 and may pass for another 200. I think Iowa is a solid lay, and I think Nevada will come free and clear of USU by about 5 TDs.

Damn I'm good. Had that shit nailed. The only thing I was wrong about was Tennessee who could have comfortably laid a lot more points so the diff between 7 and 7.5 ended up not mattering. I was so on the money with those predictions. Hopefully I can replicate that.

Should write a blog or something.

These are the teams I would like Robert bet, obviously I'm looking to go opposite:

Minnesota
UNC
Arkansas
SMU
Tennessee
MiamiOH
Texas
USF
Nebraska
Washington
CSU
Texas Tech

Would like to be able to take Idaho and Wyo as well with each catching a good amount of points, but I think his system is probably too smart to take TCU or NMSU.

Would like to be able to take Idaho and Wyo as well with each catching a good amount of points, but I think his system is probably too smart to take TCU or NMSU.

not his cup of tea, your right

again dont have the numbers in front of me but cant rememeber a time all season where he has played any side laying more then 24 points

he has been on the penn st bandwagon most of the year and i think he does so again here.

that would be one game where if i liked the pennst side i might want to bet before he releases.

Interesting that you like WYO as well. It's just really difficult betting on a team 1-14 ATS over the last 15.

At what point do you consider AF tonight?

Funny you ask as I was just pondering that in my head. Have the under 47, but also think AFA is the side tonight. 4 may do it, but 3' would certainly do it. Don't see it moving that far though unless Walters or Bob come out on NM.

Hi fellas, sorry, got taken away there for a second.

Louisville plays better at home, especially in this recent series. Mostly I just like the fact that this is the healthiest they have been all year, on both sides of the ball, and they have the DL and LBers to eliminate Grothe and Williams/Ford. USF is still a marginal passing team I think. QB play edge goes to Cantwell, if they can keep him up-right they could very well win. Cardinals have also made some plays on defense and special teams recently which is something USF does well, don't be surprised if its these facets that determine the outcome.

Troy highlighted now too to 24'.

Told Tee earlier I liked North Texas. Had my GOY last year on Troy -24 at home against North Texas, and they beat them down like 38-7 I think. Revenge this year at home and getting the same points with Troy down a bit this year = Money.

Back