Bo don't know coaching at Nebby

wow, very surprising to me. reminds me of michigan/carr. things could turn a lot worse before it gets better.

In retrospect, Carr was a good coach that appeared to run a program the right way. I dont recall much turmoil out of Wolverine land.

Yeah Pelini basically told the fan base to fuck off, don't remember Carr doing that.

Hunt, I'll have to take your word for it. Michigan, although in the nation's eye, is not a program I have followed over the years. I just dont recall him calling out the fan base. Nor, recall the fan base boycotting games like they did this year. Nebraska on the other hand, has sold the stadium out since ??? CARTER/REAGAN.

Yep, Bo needed to go.

Carr looked good in retrospect because they brought in DickRod and Hoke - neither of whom won or were embraced by Michigan fans. That's why teams like the Gophers now say Mason was a great coach (in retrospect) because he actually won games as opposed to that clown Brewster. You have to be careful in who you hire - I don't think the corn will have that problem but you never know. They did hire Callahan haha.

Bookie, no big deal. Carr resigned. He didn't give a shit about recruiting or very much else the last few years. The passion was gone in all aspects.

we can and will do better. long time coming. I gave up on Bo in 2011 after watching NW run the same zone read play over and over again running the clock out as Bo refused to deviate from his two high safety defense. He has a defense that works well against most passing teams and then gets badly exposed by teams like Wisconsin, Minnesota, and Ohio St that outscheme it and refuse to stop running the ball. Player Development was generally poor, our S&C is subpar, way too many of the same mistakes year after year from player after player. Today is a great day.

I will respect the opinion of Michigan fans here over my own. But I have had this conversation with Michigan friends I have. Carr's 2006 Michigan team was one game away from the national title game and #2 in the country. Their defense was decimated entering 2007, had like 3 starters returning off top of my head. I remember people thinking they were going to be awesome because Henne, Hart and Manningham were back, but I told everyone that defense was just as key for 06 as the O was and the D was all gone. Then App St and Oregon happened. Ryan Mallet was waiting in the wings when Henne left, but transfered when Rich Rod came in. You guys are probably right on the recruits. Not just looking back, but at the time, I thought that the way the defense was with back-to-back App St and a buzz saw of an Oregon team when Dixon was healthy that year. The planets aligned and big blue got buried. A different nonconference schedule in 07 and I always thought that Michigan might have still been decent that year and maybe Carr doesn't get fired and history and present day is all different.

As for Nebraska, Osborne wasn't around when they hired Callahan. I know Osborne is not the AD anymore, but I would think that Tom would have some opinion and potential influence in the selection of the candidates so hopefully they don't fuck up as bad as Callahan this time.

Possible sk. It was almost 8 years ago so I'm over it. Program has not been right since though. Player development. Politics. You name it.

Good for Nebraska. Hope you guys get a good coach.

Ready for Hoke to be gone in next day or two at Michigan.

I will respect the opinion of Michigan fans here over my own. But I have had this conversation with Michigan friends I have. Carr's 2006 Michigan team was one game away from the national title game and #2 in the country. Their defense was decimated entering 2007, had like 3 starters returning off top of my head. I remember people thinking they were going to be awesome because Henne, Hart and Manningham were back, but I told everyone that defense was just as key for 06 as the O was and the D was all gone. Then App St and Oregon happened. Ryan Mallet was waiting in the wings when Henne left, but transfered when Rich Rod came in. You guys are probably right on the recruits. Not just looking back, but at the time, I thought that the way the defense was with back-to-back App St and a buzz saw of an Oregon team when Dixon was healthy that year. The planets aligned and big blue got buried. A different nonconference schedule in 07 and I always thought that Michigan might have still been decent that year and maybe Carr doesn't get fired and history and present day is all different.

As for Nebraska, Osborne wasn't around when they hired Callahan. I know Osborne is not the AD anymore, but I would think that Tom would have some opinion and potential influence in the selection of the candidates so hopefully they don't fuck up as bad as Callahan this time.

Osborne hired Solich and Bo, so he's 0-2 on hiring coaches. Word is that he saved Bo last year, but no one could save him this year.

Y'all still get Bussey cub?

he's opened it back up. if you read between the lines with him and his dad, they just want somewhere that he can start as a true. Given our current RB situation, I wouldn't be surprised if he still ends up here esp if we get one of the names i'm hearing.

he's opened it back up. if you read between the lines with him and his dad, they just want somewhere that he can start as a true. Given our current RB situation, I wouldn't be surprised if he still ends up here esp if we get one of the names i'm hearing.
He is perfect (or was) for what was run there IMOIMO

The suspense is killing me.........c'mon then

he's opened it back up. if you read between the lines with him and his dad, they just want Isomewhere that he can start as a true. Given our current RB situation, I wouldn't be surprised if he still ends up here esp if we get one of the names i'm hearing.

I'll bite. Whst names are being thrown around.

I've heard Bret Bielema being thrown around. Not sure if that has any legs, but what is his ceiling in the SEC West? 4th? I think the buyout Ark is still paying Wisconsin could be a roadblock though

This is like Hoke getting fired next year. Let's not overanalyze it. It'll take a long time for it to not be a good job. I wish I was a football coach, hell of a place to live and be happy.

Scott Frost would be a great hire.
Ex husker. Learned under chip kelly.

At least Nebraska didn't extend him after 2013 and give him a 7.9 million buyout as long as he doesn't coach next year

If Bo is smart and/or vindictive, he sits out next year while cashing a major check

Here is my vote...One of the best in the country, don't think it would be a stretch to get him away from Wyoming...Go look at what this silly bastard did at North Dakota St

Craig Bohl
Wyoming Cowboys football, Head coach

<!--n-->
<!--m-->Craig Philip Bohl is a college football coach and former player, currently the head coach at the University of Wyoming. Wikipedia

<!--n-->
<!--m--><!--n-->
<!--m-->Born: July 27, 1958 (age 56), Lincoln, NE
<!--n-->
<!--n-->
<!--m-->Education: University of Nebraska–Lincoln

<!--n-->
<!--m-->Team coached: Wyoming Cowboys football (Head coach, since 2014)

<!--n-->
Craig Bohl, Wyoming head coach. Bohl essentially just arrived at the FBS level, posting a 4-8 record at Wyoming after winning three straight FCS national championships at North Dakota State. That move to Wyoming was rumored to set up an eventual move to Nebraska, however. Bohl is a Lincoln native who played at Nebraska, graduated from the school and was previously on the Huskers' staff as a linebackers coach and defensive coordinator.<!--m-->

Last edited:
I think Bohl was kinda chased out/forced out of Nebby the first time around.......some sort of affair or something I think.....probably different regime in charge now though......and that stuff doesn't seem to matter a whole lot anymore.

Great defense minded coach that did do wonderful things at NDSU

Scott Frost bringing the Oregon spread to the B10 would be one of the most comical things that could happen. The systems not in place to begin with and it would take 3 years minimum for them to have those types of players in. Nebraska ain't waiting that long to get back to being a slightly above average team.

Scott Frost bringing the Oregon spread to the B10 would be one of the most comical things that could happen. The systems not in place to begin with and it would take 3 years minimum for them to have those types of players in. Nebraska ain't waiting that long to get back to being a slightly above average team.

Neb already runs quite a bit of what Oregon does. Nebraska was in the shotgun at least 90 percent of the time this season. The zone read has been a staple of the Neb offense for the last 5 years. The issue is the coaching that was teaching it. Athletically, Nebraska has had the best or second best skill player talent in the league ever since they joined.

I think Bohl was kinda chased out/forced out of Nebby the first time around.......some sort of affair or something I think.....probably different regime in charge now though......and that stuff doesn't seem to matter a whole lot anymore.

Great defense minded coach that did do wonderful things at NDSU

Bohl was run out of town for giving up 62 to Colorado, unable to stop the same basic run plays. Sound familiar? But yeah, there was some personal stuff that went on as well. I do not see him as an option. This is just a guess, but my prediction is Dan Mullen. Reached his ceiling with Miss St in an impossible division. Follow the Urban path to an easier conference with better facilities, more money, and you're the only game in town. Another scenario has Frost coming as OC/coach in waiting. Obv that would not be with Mullen.

damn it, we'll have to go to plan B

He's a very solid coach. With Eichorst and him both UWW alum there was the connection. Maybe Nebraska could lure Paul Chryst back to the Big 10, but then I don't know why he'd want to drop to a less glamorous program.

I just can't imagine why Mullen would want to stay at Piss St with who he has to beat every year to even have a chance at a title. I could be way off, but I think it makes sense for him to look elsewhere. I personally think Neb is a sleeping giant with the right guy in charge. They should be getting most guys they want out of Nebraska, Iowa, Kansas, Minnesota, Colorado, the Dakotas, and at least the western half of Missouri if not the entire state. No programs in those states can compare to Nebraska if they sell it correctly. They've always recruited nationally as well, so they should continue to pull skill players out of Cali, Zona, Texas, and Fla. Pelini did not put in the 365 day effort necessary and still pulled in classes around 20 or 25. With real effort, there's no reason at all for Neb to not have Top 15 classes which will let them compete nationally.

Hauck !

And we laugh at the Pam Ward comment but she might be a better qb than Armstrong.

Hauck !

And we laugh at the Pam Ward comment but she might be a better qb than Armstrong.

Let's see Armstrong with some real coaching before we pass judgment.

There's a lot of Jim Tressel with Frost as the OC/coach in waiting talk. Oh boy.

Might be a bidding war between Nebraska and Michigan for some coaches when Hoke gets fired tomorrow.

Back