BMW Masters

crawdads

Fairway to Heaven
Gonna try to fade Henrik's 'injury' again. Last time it didn't work out, this time it seems a little more serious. Even if healthy, Rory showed some nice signs last week and this is a place he has a decent history. 100 to win 115.

“I’ve had four weeks off, but unfortunately I’ve got a problem with my right wrist and forearm,” he said.
“I’m not certain of playing. I was practising last week in Florida and felt it ache a little bit and it’s just got progressively sore and a little swollen.
"Then on the flight it felt just worse. I had treatment on it, and was advised to have an MRI.”
Stenson has endured wrist injuries before and actually began the week of the Tour Championship – the FedEx finale – unable to hit balls and still finished in Atlanta with that outrageous $11.4million payday.
But as he pointed out, this time it is different.
“I’ve had a problems with other wrist, but this is the first time I’ve developed it in the right one.
"I’m on painkillers, anti-inflammatories and I’ve been having regular icing. While it’s painful I’m just hoping there is nothing serious. It’s very worrying.”
It would be a miserable end to a thrilling comeback year for Stenson.

Also Rory is 63rd in the Race to Dubai, needs to get into the top 60. So big week for him in that front also. Hopefully the bad blood between him and Gmac doesnt cause him to play poorly this week.

Not feeling as confident. Seems like it is feeling better, now I have my money on a headcase. *gulp*

gmac said that was vintage rory in round 1- said his score should have been a lot better

that does me no good

[h=1]Donald criticizes Final Series after Luiten WD[/h]

%7BEF4E2562-D76C-4D1B-8532-F2E490C1020D%7Ddonald_heritage13_d4_cu_610.jpg

A winner earlier this year on the European Tour, Joost Luiten had a brief stay at the BMW Masters, withdrawing immediately after striking his opening tee shot Thursday.
According to former world No. 1 Luke Donald, who was paired with Luiten in Thursday's opening round, the withdrawal speaks less to the Dutchman in particular and more to the issues plaguing the inaugural Final Series for the Race to Dubai.
The BMW Masters is the first of three Final Series events leading up to the season-ending DP World Tour Championship next month in Dubai; in order to qualify for the season finale, the European Tour dictates that players must participate in at least two of the three events preceding it. With one of those events, the WGC-HSBC Champions, boasting an already limited field, many players are forced to play both this week and in two weeks' time at the Turkish Airlines Open to remain eligible for Dubai.
For Luiten, who won the KLM Open last month in his native Netherlands, the event does count as an official start despite the withdrawal because he opted to hit his opening tee shot. Had he withdrawn prior to the start of the event, though, first alternate Justin Walters would have received a spot in the field. Instead, Walters was left without a tee time, as no other players pulled out of the tournament before the start of play.
The situation drew the ire of Donald, who took to Twitter following his opening 3-over 75 to voice his displeasure:

His tweets didnt copy over, but I am pissed i didnt see this in my research prior to the event.

Also.

Rory McIlroy and Graeme McDowell gave no indications Thursday that their relationship – lately the source of much speculation – was at all strained.
In fact, G-Mac gushed after the first round of the BMW Masters that McIlroy, who shot 71, was nearing vintage form, telling the Daily Mail: “His score might not have reflected it, but that was like watching Rory in 2011 and 2012. His driving was fantastic, and it’s looking really ominous for the rest of us.”
That’s a markedly different tone than what McDowell had Wednesday, when he was asked about the former world No. 1.
“I don’t have any comment,” he told the Herald Sun (Australia). “It’s been a long complicated year for everyone (talking about the slump), so I prefer not to talk about Rory McIlroy in this conversation.”
McIlroy, of course, is currently embroiled in a legal battle with his former management company, Horizon Sports, which still represents McDowell. McIlroy also was absent from G-Mac’s wedding in the Bahamas as he met with his lawyers and filmed a commercial for Nike.
Though McIlroy is winless in 2013, he finished in a tie for second at last week’s OneAsia Tour, his best result since early April. On Thursday, he shot 1 under in windy conditions and is in a tie for 11[SUP]th[/SUP], six shots behind. McIlroy attributed his improved driving to finding a new ball-and-driver combination with Nike.
“This is the best I have felt all year and it’s all starting to come together now,” he said, according to the Daily Mail. “I felt I played better than a 71, but it’s not a bad score given the tough conditions.”

Keep up the good work man. Always appreciate when you post these stories. Helps me stay in touch even if I'm not capping a tourney.

And have faith, we will win this bet.

Wanted to fade our boy Peter Hanson with it being his first event in ages. He sounded semi confident in the presser, also was defending champion. He shot 79. *sigh*

Back