BMW Championship

• Thread starter Thread starter abcs
  • Start date Start date
A

abcs

BMW Championship -- Including a Play of the Year candidate

Excellent week for the tour, brilliant marketing to have a Monday Finish (albeit BAR wasn't to keen on it). I'm a little irked that I didn't have a better week. +1.5 units This was the 3rd week in about 8 events where i picked the winner, unfortunately I had some tough breaks though which put me in the red during that period. :3_7_3v:
Love this play. IF you can get Mickelson at 20/1 love that.. especially since els wd
( I had hit precise up in an email 2 weeks ago and alerted him on Brandt)
Now the field is cut down from 70 to 30. They head to Cog Hill in Chi Town where Trevor Immelman is the defending champion. Honestly, I like him a lot, he had a great tourney at the PGA and seemed to be pretty confident then put up a dud in New York. He is coming off a top 25 this past week though and seems to be rounding back into form. There will be no cut this week, so players will have to go 4 rounds. I noticed a trend in that if a player starts off cold, and knows they cant qualify for the next round they sort of lose motivation. This is definitely something to factor in.
Last years board was loaded with big names, and all types of players. Furyk has had a lot of success here, but his putting woes are starting to worry me. A sleeper might be Robert Allenby who has fallen into a bad funk, but looks to have found his game of late.
Will be back later with plays, more than likely by tomorrow afternoon. Gonna study the injury list, and wd's from the past events. It's important for me to have a winning last month (BMW, Tour Chip, and Presidents Cup) So I can have some extra money to bet footsies and to buy a new Callaway Driver. :prayer
If Phil decides to skip this event it would be a huge blow to the tour and the commish :hang:

The past 2 weeks Precise and I are (2 - 1 when on the same play) A system that you should closely monitor.
golf1.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
On a side note.. I can't talk football so don't ask me why i like this play or if I like UGA in any games.
But I do have
120px-Hawaii_helmet.gif
-6.5 (-130) First quater to win 1.5 units

Hmmm... I can't talk football
But going to anyways? I'll be watching this system closely.

Now the field is cut down from 70 to 30. They head to Cog Hill in Chi Town

Field is cut to 70 this week then 30.

Just saw Phils quotes about maybe not playing. I wonder what his issues are with the commissioner.

Yea thats what i meant. I just remembered that Luke went to NW, might take a peak at him.

And speaking of Luke...he was in final pairing at Medinah last year at PGA

Interesting angle.. same line of thought that Phil played well at winged foot and bethpage black, and followed it up at Westchester. Anyway i just spent an hour looking over the euros since the lines are out and I see nothing. :hang:

I have a list of 5 guys who if the Greek is dumb enough to post odds on I will be all over.

Hope Mick plays...great pairing thurs-fri with him Tiger and Stricker..3 of best putters in the game..

should be another dandy... i'll be taking a look a bit later and maybe we'll be on the same side of a few.

Looks like Phil has withdrawn. I have no problem with it. They don't owe it to anyone. The tour is give and take and it seems like the players have issues playing 5 weeks in a row. Family is more important than money. Not like 10 million will help Phil that much anyway. Hell he can sit out this week and win next and still take the cup home. :smiley_acbe:

agreed Jump...

When Phil and Tiger said earlier in year and then in summer that they had committd to all 4 tournies I knew they each would not fulfill the promise. That was a given.

ABCS....is this week a no-cut tourney?...since field is only 70 players

agreed Jump...

When Phil and Tiger said earlier in year and then in summer that they had committd to all 4 tournies I knew they each would not fulfill the promise. That was a given.

ABCS....is this week a no-cut tourney?...since field is only 70 players

Call me brian

and yes there is no cut, they also are goin off in 2's not threes so quit feeding the fans wrong info :36_11_6:

Anyway so far guys who are out this week.. Hefty..Goydos..Langer..Padraig

As I was saying in my website update last Tuesday, missing last week’s Deutsche Bank didn’t mean I was going to ignore my golf. Far from it, in fact. The weather was great so I practised a lot every day and I also played a round of golf on Thursday and shot six-under par. The game is right there. I feel like I’m starting to get on a bit of a roll; you know, there’s some positive momentum in my game and I like the way I’m swinging it right now. I just need to keep doing what I’m doing, basically.
In any case, as I’ve been saying for a while, my game is in good shape right now. And the results are starting to reflect that; five top-7s in my last six tournaments. I guess I haven’t quite managed to really put it all together in one single week, but that’ll happen. Actually, I feel like it’ll happen any time soon.
football25.gif

<table class="rankings"><thead><tr><th colspan="2">RANK/NAME</th> <th>'05 RANK </th> <th>ON COURSE </th> <th>OFF COURSE</th> <th>TOTAL</th> </tr> </thead> <tbody> <tr><td class="newrank">1</td> <td class="top10">Tiger Woods</td> <td class="top10">1</td> <td class="top10">$11,941,827</td> <td class="top10">$87,000,000</td> <td class="top10">$98,941,827</td> </tr> <tr><td class="newrank">2</td> <td class="top10">Phil Mickelson</td> <td class="top10">2</td> <td class="top10">$4,256,505</td> <td class="top10">$40,000,000</td> <td class="top10">$44,256,505</td> </tr> <tr><td class="newrank">3</td> <td class="top10">Arnold Palmer</td> <td class="top10">4</td> <td class="top10">$42,850</td> <td class="top10">$27,500,000</td> <td class="top10">$27,542,850</td> </tr> <tr><td class="newrank">4</td> <td class="top10">Vijay Singh</td> <td class="top10">3</td> <td class="top10">$4,811,026</td> <td class="top10">$20,000,000</td> <td class="top10">$24,811,026</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="newrank">5</td> <td class="top10">Greg Norman</td> <td class="top10">5</td> <td class="top10">$127,202</td> <td class="top10">$22,500,000</td> <td class="top10">$22,627,202</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="newrank">6</td> <td class="top10">Michelle Wie</td> <td class="top10">15</td> <td class="top10">$735,224</td> <td class="top10">$19,500,000</td> <td class="top10">$20,235,224</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="newrank">7</td> <td class="top10">Ernie Els</td> <td class="top10">7</td> <td class="top10">$3,866,435</td> <td class="top10">$14,500,000</td> <td class="top10">$18,366,435</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="newrank">8</td> <td class="top10">Jim Furyk</td> <td class="top10">16</td> <td class="top10">$8,886,084</td> <td class="top10">$9,100,000</td> <td class="top10">$17,986,084</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="newrank">9</td> <td class="top10">Jack Nicklaus</td> <td class="top10">8</td> <td class="top10">$180,167</td> <td class="top10">$17,500,000</td> <td class="top10">$17,680,167</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="newrank">10</td> <td class="top10">Retief Goosen</td> <td class="top10">14</td> <td class="top10">$4,024,184</td> <td class="top10">$12,000,000</td> <td class="top10">$16,024,184</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="newrank">11</td> <td class="top20">Sergio Garcia</td> <td class="top20">6</td> <td class="top20">$5,882,744</td> <td class="top20">$13,000,000</td> <td class="top20">$15,882,744</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="newrank">12</td> <td class="top20">Adam Scott</td> <td class="top20">9</td> <td class="top20">$5,641,198</td> <td class="top20">$8,500,000</td> <td class="top20">$14,141,198</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="newrank">13</td> <td class="top20">Annika Sorenstam</td> <td class="top20">13</td> <td class="top20">$2,261,509</td> <td class="top20">$10,750,000</td> <td class="top20">$13,011,509</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="newrank">14</td> <td class="top20">Padraig Harrington</td> <td class="top20">18</td> <td class="top20">$4,567,499</td> <td class="top20">$8,000,000</td> <td class="top20">$12,567,499</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="newrank">15</td> <td class="top20">Colin Montgomerie</td> <td class="top20">12</td> <td class="top20">$1,972,264</td> <td class="top20">$10,000,000</td> <td class="top20">$11,972,264</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="newrank">16</td> <td class="top20">Davie Love III</td> <td class="top20">10</td> <td class="top20">$2,859,206</td> <td class="top20">$8,000,000</td> <td class="top20">$10,859,206</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="newrank">17</td> <td class="top20">John Delay</td> <td class="top20">11</td> <td class="top20">$507,134</td> <td class="top20">$8,000,000</td> <td class="top20">$8,507,134</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="newrank">18</td> <td class="top20">Trevor Immelman</td> <td class="top20">NR</td> <td class="top20">$4,405,543</td> <td class="top20">$3,500,000</td> <td class="top20">$7,905,543</td> </tr> <tr> <td class="newrank">19</td> <td class="top20">Chad Campbell</td> <td class="top20">40</td> <td class="top20">$2,915,234</td> <td class="top20">$3,750,000</td> <td class="top20">$6,665,000</td></tr></tbody></table>

Gotta love Daly. You have people who are worried about Vick fighting dogs ( which i find awful). Then you have Big John who has severe weight and health problems, drinking and smoking problems + drug issues, gambling problems. Spousal Abuse, Money Laundrying yet is getting 8 million dollars in endorsments

Ok here goes my list to win this week in order :cheers: Ill use the button feature since it is there..

1. Tiger
  2. Els
  3. Immelman
  4. Sabbotni
  5. Wetterich
  6. Donald

Call me brian

and yes there is no cut, they also are goin off in 2's not threes so quit feeding the fans wrong info :36_11_6:

Anyway so far guys who are out this week.. Hefty..Goydos..Langer..Padraig

With the BMW Championship playing threesomes the first two rounds, Mickelson again would have been playing with Woods, along with Steve Stricker.

BAR:whip:Brian

<table class="tourStatsTableContent" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"><tbody><tr class="tourStatsTbTitle"><td colspan="4">Cog Hill G&CC Tee #1</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbHeader"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">Time</td> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer" colspan="3">Players</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData_alt"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">8:00 am</td> <td class="">Quinney, Jeff</td> <td class="">Pettersson, Carl</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Senden, John</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">8:11 am</td> <td class="">Rose, Justin</td> <td class="">Allenby, Robert</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Slocum, Heath</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData_alt"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">8:22 am</td> <td class="">Snedeker, Brandt</td> <td class="">Verplank, Scott</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Mahan, Hunter</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">8:33 am</td> <td class="">Clark, Tim</td> <td class="">Villegas, Camilo</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Stenson, Henrik</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData_alt"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">8:44 am</td> <td class="">Watson, Bubba</td> <td class="">Wilson, Mark</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Matteson, Troy</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">8:55 am</td> <td class="">Mediate, Rocco</td> <td class="">Ames, Stephen</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Van Pelt, Bo</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData_alt"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">9:06 am</td> <td class="">Pampling, Rod</td> <td class="">Green, Nathan</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Hoffman, Charley</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">9:17 am</td> <td class="">Baddeley, Aaron</td> <td class="">Austin, Woody</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Howell III, Charles</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData_alt"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">9:28 am</td> <td class="">Sabbatini, Rory</td> <td class="">Singh, Vijay</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Furyk, Jim</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">9:39 am</td> <td class="">Kelly, Jerry</td> <td class="">Donald, Luke</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Oberholser, Arron</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData_alt"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">9:50 am</td> <td class="">O'Hair, Sean</td> <td class="">Perry, Kenny</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">O'Hern, Nick</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <table class="tourStatsTableContent" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0"> <tbody><tr class="tourStatsTbTitle"> <td colspan="4">Cog Hill G&CC Tee #10</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbHeader"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">Time</td> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer" colspan="3">Players</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData_alt"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">8:00 am</td> <td class="">Imada, Ryuji</td> <td class="">Sutherland, Kevin</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Moore, Ryan</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">8:11 am</td> <td class="">Byrd, Jonathan</td> <td class="">Toms, David</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Cink, Stewart</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData_alt"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">8:22 am</td> <td class="">Ogilvy, Geoff</td> <td class="">Scott, Adam</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Johnson, Zach</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">8:33 am</td> <td class="">Stricker, Steve</td> <td class="">Woods, Tiger</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Choi, K.J.</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData_alt"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">8:44 am</td> <td class="">Kim, Anthony</td> <td class="">Duke, Ken</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Glover, Lucas</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">8:55 am</td> <td class="">Coceres, Jose</td> <td class="">Bateman, Brian</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Marino, Steve</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData_alt"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">9:06 am</td> <td class="">Cabrera, Angel</td> <td class="">Perez, Pat</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Mayfair, Billy</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">9:17 am</td> <td class="">Weekley, Boo</td> <td class="">Rollins, John</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Wetterich, Brett</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData_alt"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">9:28 am</td> <td class="">Els, Ernie</td> <td class="">Calcavecchia, Mark</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Garcia, Sergio</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">9:39 am</td> <td class="">Appleby, Stuart</td> <td class="">Watney, Nick</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Immelman, Trevor</td> </tr> <tr class="tourStatsTbData_alt"> <td class="tourStatsTbPlayer">9:50 am</td> <td class="">Mallinger, John</td> <td class="">Taylor, Vaughn</td> <td class="tourStatsTbDataLast">Poulter, Ian</td> </tr> </tbody></table> <!-- Build info: 2007-9-4 17:30:31,237 --> <!--INCLUDE END SASD /.element/ssi/auto/2.0/sdms/tournaments/r028/body/2007/tee-times.html-->
eating_crow.jpg

Got an email from a tour insider sayin 2's..oh well

headshot-135x95.jpg
(-125) over
headshot-135x95.jpg
Risking 3 units

headshot-135x95.jpg
(-110) over
headshot-135x95.jpg
To win 2 units

Man I watched this play go by at -110 salivating for the greek to post it.. Here goes!!
headshot-135x95.jpg
( -140 ) over
headshot-135x95.jpg
Risking 12 units (35$ a unit) :new_shocked:
The time has come. I have gotten a few emails asking when the next play of the year will be. Well Its here!! 6 wins 1 loss and 3 ties on the year on 6+ unit plays.
<o></o>
This play fits all my criteria’s. Slocum has been on point of late. His last few events go 6,22,23,14,23. Toms on the other hand had to wd last week and mc the week before. He is battling disc problems currently. Slocum the last 2 times playing at coghill has a 12<sup>th</sup> and a 7<sup>th</sup> so the course suits his eye. Now we have the fed ex cup. This is a trend I caught last week. Slocum is 26<sup>th</sup> and pretty much assured a position next week. Toms is 31<sup>st</sup>.. meaning if he doesn’t get off to a hot start, he will lose motivation and probably withdraw since there is no need to play in pain.
Slocum last week was 7<sup>th</sup> in putting and 2<sup>nd</sup> in Driving Accuracy. Those are the 2 keys in my opinion to Cog Hill. Back the truck up on this one guys!!!

headshot-135x95.jpg
(-110) over
headshot-135x95.jpg
to win 2 units

Apples has missed 2 cuts in a row and is putting miserably. Allenby was in a funk, but showed signs at the Barclays final round then followed it up with a solid 8th place finish last week.

Recap of plays..
Slocum -140 over Toms Risking 12 units
Kelly -125 over Ames Risking 3 units
Wetterich -110 over Toms to win 2 units
Allenby -110 over Appelby to win 2 units

golf1.gif
If Toms plays well this week I will be eating romaine noodles, livin on BAR's couch.

Recap of plays..
Slocum -140 over Toms Risking 12 units
Kelly -125 over Ames Risking 3 units
Wetterich -110 over Toms to win 2 units
Allenby -110 over Appelby to win 2 units

golf1.gif
If Toms plays well this week I will be eating romaine noodles,
livin on BAR's couch.

:seeya:

P.. golf tee times got pushed up earlier, shit will be done by 1 pm tomorrow

Yah know mah girl loves slo-cum over any tom,dick or harry. So that's always a good sign..let's get that paper bouy!

what happened to your boy Camilo late today..got home today and watched a bit of replay and he was at 11 under...now 8

Please god let me at least get a push on that toms play..:4_6_202v:

Just brutal picks.. :hang:

Way to be up about 70 units and just hand it over to those grease balls over seas.:eyes:

We'll see how it goes

wow.....lets look back at things for a moment..you knew this was coming.

You: Take your 5.5 points champ and ML.. and good luck with that.

:36_11_6:Oklahomas st vaunted offense against a raw uga defense..

ME: ya ok buddy

You: http://www.ajc.com/uga/content/sport..._scchange.html

:36_11_6: SC and their great defense .. This will be fun, real fun.:smiley_acbe:

Me: hah, i mean what am i going to say. we did not play very good. I hope it was because we were looking ahead to week #2. The ULL game was 14-0 with 9 minutes left in the 1st quarter. Smelley has the offense driving and he throws a pick in the endzone, it is where the game turned and they started to play slow and uninterested. We had penetration to the backfield all day but we were faked out by the QB. I was impressed with Stafford's arm. Thought OkSt would be better on offense.

You: :cheers:stafford and moreno.. will be up there with tebow and harvin.. Dont worry there is always the Music City bowl

ME: Odd who pointed out Moreno to you...quite odd I must say

You: Im sorry but werent you the one who predicted 3? or close to a pick?

You pointed our moreno to me? :36_11_6: Yea i guess no one noticed him at the G day game.

Me: and based on our two teams performances...how come you are not -10?

:smiley_acbe:

Me: I never said the spread would be a PK.. I was thinking 3-6, all depending how the 1st wk went. Since you guys looked so GREAT (sarcastic) and we looked so terrible, I thought you had UGA-10 or something.

Moreno, except you still didn't know who he was after your spring game.

Look man, I am fine with how the game went. We play to the level of our competition, we have done it for years. It doesn't change my opinion that we cover the spread and win outright, now it is just more of an upset. SC was content with just winning the game last night, they ran the same 4 plays in the 2nd half over and over and over again. It will be a completely different team vs. you, always is.

:smiley_acbe::smiley_acbe::36_11_6::cheers::down2::tiphat::prayer:whip:'an_horse'

Unreal week.. :hang:Really thought this would be the week that I crushed the books. I loved all of those plays. Not sure how many units I lost, I don't have enough fingers and toes to count that high :whip:Anyway.. Made 9 units in college football, so that eases the pain.

Sorry if you tailed, but that happens every now and then. Everything set up perfectly for that play. Maybe ill reappear for the tour championship. Im still up near 60 units on the year, but this week took a lot out of me.

Congrats on the gamecocks win :cheers:

Back