Blown call

Spilt milk.

Lions weren't going to make the playoffs anyway.

You're taught in pee wee leagues to tuck the ball with two hands, Mega had the ball away from his body.

Any smart defender gonna play at the ball. Hags would have been more robbed had they enforced that rule.

Was a great game-saving play by the defender and deserved a win.

Not the Hags fault the game is officiated by idiots.

Only dudes that should be crying over it are Lions ML bettors. Everyone else should move on.

League probably officiates the Cardinals out of the game next week anyhow.

So, do we load up on the Seahags to win the 'ship? Seems like they did last time there was controversy on a call. Was an early season game also.

:hypnosis:

Why does everyone think that Detroit automatically wins if they score there? Seattle would have had 1:45 on the clock and there is no doubt they would have drove the field for the winning TD......

Why does everyone think that Detroit automatically wins if they score there? Seattle would have had 1:45 on the clock and there is no doubt they would have drove the field for the winning TD......

Woah!

Comeon...

Detroit DL was in backfield all night. The lone Sea TD came after an amazing play by Russ to get out of a `15-20 yard sack and make a huge pass.

They may have come back to win but they were not driving down the field at ease whatsoever.

I watched most of the game with a diehard Hawks fan and it was entertaining listening to him scream at the tv on virtually every play about the OLine

oh my... u wanted a professional football player to curl up knowing we got time to score lol
come on man
no shit he didnt know chancellor was there

Considering the team he's playing yes I would expect him to not take such a risk by exposing the ball like he did

Spilt milk.

Lions weren't going to make the playoffs anyway.

You're taught in pee wee leagues to tuck the ball with two hands, Mega had the ball away from his body.

Any smart defender gonna play at the ball. Hags would have been more robbed had they enforced that rule.

Was a great game-saving play by the defender and deserved a win.

Not the Hags fault the game is officiated by idiots.

Only dudes that should be crying over it are Lions ML bettors. Everyone else should move on.

League probably officiates the Cardinals out of the game next week anyhow.

Right. In Johnson's defense though, he did have 4 points of contact on the ball until he decided to reach for the goal line. Sports Science broke down the play...Chancellor hit the ball .1 seconds before it crossed the goal line. I get it, he shouldn't have held it out at all, but it's tough to MMQB a player reaching for the goal line to score the go ahead TD, and having the ball punched out from behind literally a fraction of a second before it would have been a TD. Tough to do unless you post at CTG of course (not you in particular, but it's hilarious to me).

I don't think you understand what I am trying to say or I am not understanding this post. I said that IF the rule was not there, it would be an advantage to the defense. Moving on.

I get what you were saying. The point is, outside of that play occurring where it did, the offense has just as much "advantage" to bat a ball out of bounds, and the offense has more advantage when they are punting in their own endzone and can save 5 points. There is an advantage both ways, it's not decidedly so much more for the defense...outside of that play occurring exactly where it did last night.

CJ should have protected the ball.

That being said, I agree with nbafan. It's still a rule and it should have been called - whether or not it happens often doesn't matter. Wether it is an advantage or not is irrelevant. If they think it doesn't happen often enough or is irrelevant, then remove it from the rule book.

Since the ball is oblong with points and not round, the officials had absolutely NO idea what the ball would have done if it were to have bounced, so saying the KNEW is absurd.

Exactly. The fact they even came out after the fact and said that was their thought process was mystifying to me.

I get what you were saying. The point is, outside of that play occurring where it did, the offense has just as much "advantage" to bat a ball out of bounds, and the offense has more advantage when they are punting in their own endzone and can save 5 points. There is an advantage both ways, it's not decidedly so much more for the defense...outside of that play occurring exactly where it did last night.

It is actually a penalty on the offense when they bat ball out of EZ. It still results in a safety so there is normally not a flag for it.

I was thinking a touchback should result in 2 points for the defense and they get the ball back at 20. Yes, even for punts and kickoffs. I think it would be interesting to see how kickers have to keep ball in bounds or give up two points.

For example...on a kickoff, they would aim for 15-20 yard line because you would not want it to bounce in to endzone. For punts, you go for coffin corner, but if you miss, it's two points for other team.

And on defense. ..Seattle would have recovered ball and get two points and ball at 20 yard line. Offense would need to be more careful trying to stretch to break the plain.

I heard an interview with Kevin Harlan this afternoon, who did the game on the radio -- he spoke with a member of the officiating crew that did the game and the official who was on the back endzone line (the one "responsible" for making or not making the call) said that during the moment, he "thought long and hard about whether to throw the flag".......obviously deciding against by weighing the totality of the circumstances.

Good to know that logic and reason can actually surface in such a critical spot......refreshing

I heard an interview with Kevin Harlan this afternoon, who did the game on the radio -- he spoke with a member of the officiating crew that did the game and the official who was on the back endzone line (the one "responsible" for making or not making the call) said that during the moment, he "thought long and hard about whether to throw the flag".......obviously deciding against by weighing the totality of the circumstances.

Good to know that logic and reason can actually surface in such a critical spot......refreshing
Refreshing huh

The only issue I had with that, and the fact they huddled about it and talked about it was this....they assumed that the ball was going out of bounds and didn't call it because they didn't feel it changed where the ball was going to end up. The problem is that it wasn't clear that the ball was going out of bounds.

I have no issue with him making that type of judgement call, and as Dudley said, it is refreshing...but unless that ball was clearly going out of bounds, it's tough to make that judgement call using that reason (that the ball was going out).

Would you feel the same way if Seattle was going in for the go ahead score and Detroit batted it out?

If refs used refreshing logic lol then dez Bryant would have counted last yr in playoffs vs the

Huh?

Missed 9 games in 9 years...

One of the very best of his generation.

Huh?

9 games missed in 9 years is a bit misleading. How many games was he suited up but didn't actually play? How many games was he out of the game by the 3rd quarter with an injury? How many games was he on the field, but just used as a decoy because he was hurt and couldn't go all out? The number of missed games is probably closer to 20 if you count those instances.

One of the very best in your opinion. In my opinion, one of the most overrated players of this generation. Easy to have good receiving stats when your team is down 20, has no running game, and throws the ball 50 times a game. He has never been a leader and he has never won anything. Overrated.

Huh?

9 games missed in 9 years is a bit misleading. How many games was he suited up but didn't actually play? How many games was he out of the game by the 3rd quarter with an injury? How many games was he on the field, but just used as a decoy because he was hurt and couldn't go all out? The number of missed games is probably closer to 20 if you count those instances.

One of the very best in your opinion. In my opinion, one of the most overrated players of this generation. Easy to have good receiving stats when your team is down 20, has no running game, and throws the ball 50 times a game. He has never been a leader and he has never won anything. Overrated.

lolololol you're either a crackhead or Megatron fucked your girlfriend

I'm not sure I follow the logic of how it's an advantage for the offense. The punting situation and this situation are totally different plays I thought? It's not considered batting the ball when it's punting. The rule only pertains to when the offense gets the ball into the opponents endzone..... No where else on the field. Yes the offense can bat a loose ball out of bounds on the sidelines and get it back. That's different though

Last edited:
lolololol you're either a crackhead or Megatron fucked your girlfriend

Neither actually, just not a fan of Calvin Johnson. Soft and overrated in my opinion. Will never win anything.

Good luck with the crack and fucking the black guy though. Sounds interesting.

This would probably be a bigger deal if it had affected the conventional point spread or total. Just the refs fucking up, happens all the time.

Good luck with the crack and fucking the black guy though. Sounds interesting.

you're really strange

Football is the ultimate team game and you're calling one of the most talented and feared WRs in the league with absolutely nothing to back it up

just stop

Giving the ball to a team that never possessed it inbounds in itself is a dumb rule, but it's a rule.

Team that last possessed it in play should have possession, don't care if you penalize them for fumbling it out of the endzone, but they should retain the ball.

I'd have been fine with a rule change giving Detroit the ball at the 20.

I'd have been fine with a rule change giving Detroit the ball at the 20.

That's what I was thinking. Even the 35 if necessary so as to make a potential FG not a gimme, but should retain possession unless the other team gains it inbounds.

you're really strange

Football is the ultimate team game and you're calling one of the most talented and feared WRs in the league with absolutely nothing to back it up

just stop

Curius how it makes me strange to think a guy is overrated and soft. Disagree with your CJ description but all is good.

Curius how it makes me strange to think a guy is overrated and soft. Disagree with your CJ description but all is good.

It's kinda strange when you don't have anything to back it up and clearly just don't like the guy. You claimed that he was injury prone, which was shown to be false. You're somehow blaming a WR for not getting a team to the SB, which, again, is kinda strange.

Not sure how you can disagree with what he said about CJ though...given that it's true and most on here, and certainly those in the NFL would say as much.

It's okay not to like someone, but don't bother trying to make stuff up...just say you don't like him and leave it at that.

It's kinda strange when you don't have anything to back it up and clearly just don't like the guy. You claimed that he was injury prone, which was shown to be false. You're somehow blaming a WR for not getting a team to the SB, which, again, is kinda strange.

Not sure how you can disagree with what he said about CJ though...given that it's true and most on here, and certainly those in the NFL would say as much.

It's okay not to like someone, but don't bother trying to make stuff up...just say you don't like him and leave it at that.

Disagree. In recent memory..lets say that past 3-4 years..Calvin Johnson has been injury prone. Not only has he missed games, but I specifically remember him being on the injury report, and playing on Sunday but being used as a decoy. I have zero interest in looking up the exact data. Also, where did I blame him for not getting the Lions to the Super Bowl? You are making things up, which is strange. All I said is CJ is not a winner, which is a fact.

You're disrespecting one of the best WRs in the league because he's been on a shitty team with a shitty Quarterback. You're saying he's overrated and soft because he played injured as a decoy? Do you understand how dumb your argument is?

if he was overrated and soft he would not play... I'm sorry if he stunk it up for your fantasy team..... And if that's the reason for this opinion of yours.... You have a problem

Have to admit, if Detroit had Tebow, Johnson would have better numbers and Detroit would have won a championship by now. Just doesn't get the QB play.

Actually, this is a pretty decent idea

i agree its a very good idea

getting the ball at the 1 does not hurt the offense for fumbling the ball

but if that happens I feel like similar other changes could be made as well and im not sure if the league would want to do that... football is already one of the toughest sports to understand imo

You're disrespecting one of the best WRs in the league because he's been on a shitty team with a shitty Quarterback. You're saying he's overrated and soft because he played injured as a decoy? Do you understand how dumb your argument is?

if he was overrated and soft he would not play... I'm sorry if he stunk it up for your fantasy team..... And if that's the reason for this opinion of yours.... You have a problem

I think you have a problem. How often do you post on gambling websites? What do you even do for a living? Simmer down and get some help. Go to a bar and have a drink. Log out for a couple of minutes. It will be okay. I don't think Calvin Johnson is as good as everyone else does in this forum.

I say he is soft because a guy with his raw talent should be more of a vocal team leader. It seems he is satisfied being on a loser his entire career. Also, his reaction to fumbling Monday night blew my mind. No anger at all. Giggling at midfield with Richard Sherman after the game? After he lost his team the game? Get that shit out of here. Soft as hell.

And nah..your fantasy football argument is useless..I always avoid him in fantasy football..too injury prone for me.

Back