Black Monday!!

Culley was hired as a stopgap until they could get who they wanted to coach the team. The GM was hired from New England so its probably going to be Flores or McDaniels.

No chance mcdaniels has passed on so many opportunities then throws his career away going there. Flores won’t take it without watson I don’t think and don’t think watson will play for that clown show organization.

I just saw Texans still gotta pay Cully 17 mil over the next 3 years so that pretty sweet for him! I feel little better, Dumb Mfers, maybe I can get them to hire me next! I won’t try as hard as Cully but I’ll happily take the money!!
Culley had a five yr deal but only the first two were guaranteed. They knew when hiring him that he was only going to be there for one season. The guy was a career assistant who had never been interviewed for a head coaching job so he made out pretty well getting head coaching money for two years.

No chance mcdaniels has passed on so many opportunities then throws his career away going there. Flores won’t take it without watson I don’t think and don’t think watson will play for that clown show organization.
McDaniels is close to the GM so he might take it and after what he pulled on Indianapolis is going to be hard pressed to get another job.

Culley was hired as a stopgap until they could get who they wanted to coach the team. The GM was hired from New England so its probably going to be Flores or McDaniels.

Everything you saying proves my point that they s total shit show.

Everything you saying proves my point that they s total shit show.
I am not arguing that the organization is a mess but Culley was given the job to do it for one season and that was it. The guy got head coaching money for two years which is probably a big raise from his previous jobs so I don't feel too bad for him.

McDaniels is close to the GM so he might take it and after what he pulled on Indianapolis is going to be hard pressed to get another job.

That stink gone, he could get plenty of jobs imo. We see, I heard they interested in oj Mayo, lol. Nothing says clueless like a list of hoody disciples as your top choices! Those have worked out so well! Flores the only one that can actually handle being HC. Maybe McDaniel will, I wouldn’t bet against him.

I am not arguing that the organization is a mess but Culley was given the job to do it for one season and that was it. The guy got head coaching money for two years which is probably a big raise from his previous jobs so I don't feel too bad for him.

That is beyond ignorant tho, how you gonna purposely waste a year? I think he did a pretty damn good job and since I think culture building is about the most important part the job he seems like he started doing that there. I don’t care bout feelings, he came out great no doubt, just think they be wise to stick w a guy who turns out might actually be a way better head coach than their next hire. Just cause you had a stupid plan doesn’t mean you can’t pivot when you luck out and find something. Good plans should often be changed, stupid ones should be easy to move off of!!

That stink gone, he could get plenty of jobs imo. We see, I heard they interested in oj Mayo, lol. Nothing says clueless like a list of hoody disciples as your top choices! Those have worked out so well! Flores the only one that can actually handle being HC. Maybe McDaniel will, I wouldn’t bet against him.
Its Jerod Mayo which would be laughable but its another guy from New England.

That is beyond ignorant tho, how you gonna purposely waste a year? I think he did a pretty damn good job and since I think culture building is about the most important part the job he seems like he started doing that there. I don’t care bout feelings, he came out great no doubt, just think they be wise to stick w a guy who turns out might actually be a way better head coach than their next hire. Just cause you had a stupid plan doesn’t mean you can’t pivot when you luck out and find something. Good plans should often be changed, stupid ones should be easy to move off of!!
They knew with the Watson situation that the season would be a complete waste so they just hired a guy that they knew they could easily fire. Its pretty clear that Culley knew the situation beforehand and was willing to do it anyway.

They knew with the Watson situation that the season would be a complete waste so they just hired a guy that they knew they could easily fire. Its pretty clear that Culley knew the situation beforehand and was willing to do it anyway.

Ok but then it turns out the guy just might actually make a good head coach, think if time to pivot off the stupid plan and stick with guy who made my shitty team more competitive as the season went on. Plus it looks like Mills might actually be a nfl qb, why start him all over with another system? That is stupid. Especially when your throw away guy appears way more competent than half the clowns hired last year!!

I really don’t get it bears. That was best ya could do? If ya wanted a defensive guy why not Flores? Just don’t think I woulda went with a defensive guy unless he was proven considering they need someone to work with Fields. Hopefully he gets the oc right.

Last edited:
It sounds like Leftwhich will be jags HC. Apparently he was offered job but said he wanted a different gm and they just got rid of gm and hired guy From zona. Assume that means Leftwhich will be announced at some point.

I really don’t get it bears. That was best ya could do? If ya wanted a defensive guy why not Flores? Just don’t think I woulda went with a defensive guy unless he was proven considering they need someone to work with Fields. Hopefully he gets the oc right.
Did Allen interview? Pretty sure he’s Saints next HC, but wasn’t sure

Did Allen interview? Pretty sure he’s Saints next HC, but wasn’t sure

I’m not sure, I heard several names and think they brought Quinn in for a 2nd. I don’t recall hearing Allen name but doesn’t mean he didn’t. That seems the most sensible thing for saints to do, think that would be the move id make for them. Think he has earned it and he been there forever right??

I’m not totally against defensive guys or anything, I like defense. Just not sure if my franchise fate is resting in kids hands we traded up to draft last year I would go with a defensive guy that never been a HC. Saints gonna have to win with defense so makes way more sense, plus he been in the building under Peyton for so long I would think be a easy transition. Of course Peyton bailing doesn’t speak well for the offenses chances, maybe he finally admitting he fucked up with this taysom hill playing qb and paying him like it thing!

Last edited:
Fangio? Omg that would be awful, let’s recycle a guy who just had how many losing seasons in Denver? I know these ppl smarter than I but some the moves they make baffling!
Yup. I get it.

Figured he'd go coordinate if Jim goes to NFL.

I’m a fan of every team in the NFC North but the bum Bears until Eberflus wins a super bowl or is fired. Terrible joke of a hire.

Maybe he’s just the placeholder until they sign Payton in a couple years.

I’m a fan of every team in the NFC North but the bum Bears until Eberflus wins a super bowl or is fired. Terrible joke of a hire.

i just want them to be good cause it make my mom happy, it be nice for me if they were at least a decent watch since she often comes over and makes me watch bears games with her. luckily she a minister so when they play early sunday im free, lol. they sure felt like they had more than i cared to see on 3;30 or prime time tho!! outside the 1st half of the second packers game they were a awful freaking watch, even worse is trying to find something to bet when i know ill be stuck watching them!! lol..

You guys can't afford Payton.

Gonna have to find a diamond in the rough.

I do think of colts as being really well run, they pretty much have everything right besides the qb! So not like the guy they hired coming from a bad place or anything, he prob has a good idea of how to do things right. I’ve heard he thought of as pretty sharp. I just think it odd to look at all defense guys when your fate rest in hands the qb you just drafted last year!! They certainly coulda did way worse than plucking a gm from kc staff and a coach from Indy. Maybe it will finally work out!! It just isn’t all that sexy/inspiring, lol.

Bottom line is how the hell do we know? Everyone loved chargers hiring Staley it seemed and I think he a total boob! Of course bears track record doesn’t inspire much confidence!!

The only recent one I can think of most everyone laughed at and I think proving to be a joke is McCarthy who after being hired joked bout how he fooled them with his new analytic ideals he studied after being fired from Green Bay! lol. Fact of matter there is Jerry just doesn’t want a strong personality leading his team other than himself. Will he get over that and hire Peyton after another year of McCarthy failing? Thought it was shocking he had a deal in place to get Peyton few years back. That seems most likely to me, he takes a year off then goes to Dallas after next.

They won’t spend the dough I realize that.

Again, like I’ve said before, maybe if we didn’t use 40m in cap space for backup QBs and TEs we may have more talent elsewhere. Fields is going to be a bust because he’ll never have the chance to succeed. Hes been in a losing situation since day 1.

It didn’t even cross my mind bears had any chance of binging in Peyton, even if they had the money why would he do that? Dude a made man, can prob have his pick of jobs, bears a long way from being someone w options 1st choice! Lol

Gotta assume Leftwich to Jags is all but done considering he specifically asked that Adrian Wilson be hired as GM

Back