Bills at Texans Wild Card Discussion

Some of the worst officiating down the stretch to directly decide an outcome. The blindside block call was laughable, should have brought up a 4th and 5 from Houston's 38. THEN on a 3rd and 18 Duke conversion the play clock CLEARLY expires. Should have been a 3rd and 23. On that specific play I can't for the life of me understand why Edmunds is BEYOND the first down markers 20 yrds downfield. WHY. Defensive line had the advantage all game like I said they would and the offense couldn't score. 7 sacks and they lose. Unreal.

Allen- I don't even know what to say. Trying to do to much- I couldn't believe my eyes with that pitch attempt, wtf is this a video game. At the same time he was let down several times in key situations. Dawson Knox missing a block on the designed qb run from the Texans 42. Allen has 3 blockers in front and NOBODY around and KNOX can't just get in the way of 1 defender. Duke Williams dropping a dime td pass aand idiot Booger saying it was on Allen. gtfoh.
Dion Dawkins needs to fucking go. How does somebody come in untouched on a 3 MAN RUSH! Allen really had some great scrambles and also could have thrown 3 pick sixes.

PLaycalling sucked down the stretch. I said if they got up 2 scores they would sit on the ball. Mistake.

1. I was excited as anyone to see Duke Williams get the start. JFC I didn't want him to be the featured wr. 10 targets??? After he dropped the td that little experiment should have been over. Beasley had advantage and wasn't even in a couple key plays. 46 passing attempts and only 5 go to Beasley?

7.28 left in the 3rd quarter. That's the last time Singletary got a carry. 4.5 on the game and they want to run Gore 8x. ok.

Watson is awesome.

Some of the worst officiating down the stretch to directly decide an outcome. The blindside block call was laughable, should have brought up a 4th and 5 from Houston's 38. THEN on a 3rd and 18 Duke conversion the play clock CLEARLY expires. Should have been a 3rd and 23. On that specific play I can't for the life of me understand why Edmunds is BEYOND the first down markers 20 yrds downfield. WHY. Defensive line had the advantage all game like I said they would and the offense couldn't score. 7 sacks and they lose. Unreal.

Allen- I don't even know what to say. Trying to do to much- I couldn't believe my eyes with that pitch attempt, wtf is this a video game. At the same time he was let down several times in key situations. Dawson Knox missing a block on the designed qb run from the Texans 42. Allen has 3 blockers in front and NOBODY around and KNOX can't just get in the way of 1 defender. Duke Williams dropping a dime td pass aand idiot Booger saying it was on Allen. gtfoh.
Dion Dawkins needs to fucking go. How does somebody come in untouched on a 3 MAN RUSH! Allen really had some great scrambles and also could have thrown 3 pick sixes.

PLaycalling sucked down the stretch. I said if they got up 2 scores they would sit on the ball. Mistake.

1. I was excited as anyone to see Duke Williams get the start. JFC I didn't want him to be the featured wr. 10 targets??? After he dropped the td that little experiment should have been over. Beasley had advantage and wasn't even in a couple key plays. 46 passing attempts and only 5 go to Beasley?

7.28 left in the 3rd quarter. That's the last time Singletary got a carry. 4.5 on the game and they want to run Gore 8x. ok.

Watson is awesome.
I saw the play clock not called too. So did the defense. I don’t ever understand for the life of me how this is routinely missed

Refereeing is ruining football

the recent rule changes in the last 10 years have made it difficult to do the job as a ref. The bad calls have always been there but all the new rules to aid the offense are is the main culprit that is dragging the game down. Especially late in games. Football is a violent game and the men the play it know this. They get compensated very well for this physically demanding job. If they are smart they can play the game for a short window, get out, and live very comfortable for the rest of their lives. Game needs to let them play more on defense. Take out the ticky tack pussy fouls and give the game back some of what it was built on. If they dont in another generation we will be having this same conversation about a nationally televised flag football game

The blindside call block was horrible. Those kinds of calls/rules really hurt the game.

Well said on all accounts Lex, agree w it all

the recent rule changes in the last 10 years have made it difficult to do the job as a ref. The bad calls have always been there but all the new rules to aid the offense are is the main culprit that is dragging the game down. Especially late in games. Football is a violent game and the men the play it know this. They get compensated very well for this physically demanding job. If they are smart they can play the game for a short window, get out, and live very comfortable for the rest of their lives. Game needs to let them play more on defense. Take out the ticky tack pussy fouls and give the game back some of what it was built on. If they dont in another generation we will be having this same conversation about a nationally televised flag football game

That's pretty much myb take on it also. I'm all for player safety but the idea that you can make this game safe without fundamentally changing it into something else is a fool's errand IMO.

Either leave it as is and accept that it is a violent game where all who participate accept the risk or just end it now. The way football is going is just painful to watch.

That's pretty much myb take on it also. I'm all for player safety but the idea that you can make this game safe without fundamentally changing it into something else is a fool's errand IMO.

Either leave it as is and accept that it is a violent game where all who participate accept the risk or just end it now. The way football is going is just painful to watch.

What gets me is all the flags they throw on good clean hits just cause they look violent but somehow the clowny hit on wentz isn’t flagged?? That was as dirty as it gets imo.

I saw the play clock not called too. So did the defense. I don’t ever understand for the life of me how this is routinely missed

It’s not routinely missed according to rules and how they want it called. The play clock is not official, and is “a guide.” The official in charge is instructed to not blow whistle immediately when it hits 0, as there is technically still a second left at that point. They don’t use tenths, so it looks as it the clock hit zero when it didn’t.

We have seen it dozens upon dozens a times a year for many years. As much as I bang on the horrible officiating, do we really think they get that one ruling wrong THAT many times? I’ll link the articles that explain all of this. It’s much ado about nothing.

I don’t feel like that anything new. I see the clock expire before the snap all the time and the play still gets run.

wanna talk about interpreting rules how the hell was that second half kickoff ruled a touchback after initially and correctly being called a td for the bills? Rules clearly state the way refs handled it on the field was correct and that should have been a fumble and bills touchdown! That a rule I’ve never seen open for interpretation! The dumb shit former ref working for station claims “common sense prevailed”, I say we just watched replay officials turn a cut and dry rule into open for interpretation in the name of keeping a game competitive if not flat out cheating for one side.

Back