Bills at Texans Wild Card Discussion

I think Texans will contain Josh in the pocket and he will struggle to points up so I kinda like Texans

I took Texans -2.5 once I had the opportunity. Lex will not like me but I just don't see the Bills putting up enough points here and I think the home side can put up 20 at least.

Fuller is made of glass, not even tempered glass

guy is great when/if he's on the field and with Hopkins on the other side, easily the best duo in NFL if hes 100%, but thats probably 1 game a year

I'm starting to lean to the under. Bills will run run run and Watson, facing a good pass rush without Fuller may struggle to move the ball more than I initially thought. 23-17 seems about right to me.

If fuller plays I’m probably passing. If fuller can’t go i feel like bills will be able to bring pressure and still do whatever it takes to eliminate Hopkins. All I see for him game time decision so guess I’m waiting it out. Lol

I'm starting to lean to the under. Bills will run run run and Watson, facing a good pass rush without Fuller may struggle to move the ball more than I initially thought. 23-17 seems about right to me.

Is fuller for sure out?

Didn't mean to imply that I'd heard any sort of confirmation. Nothing yet but most of the people I tend to trust think its more likely that he sits. Even if he does play, it'll be far less than 100% you would think.

To me the more important point is that the Texans OL has some issues and the Bills should get pressure. That's been Watson's achilles heel all season. More than most QB's, pressure really seems to disrupt him.

Didn't mean to imply that I'd heard any sort of confirmation. Nothing yet but most of the people I tend to trust think its more likely that he sits. Even if he does play, it'll be far less than 100% you would think.

To me the more important point is that the Texans OL has some issues and the Bills should get pressure. That's been Watson's achilles heel all season. More than most QB's, pressure really seems to disrupt him.

You would think obrien would understand protection schemes but he doesn’t.

That fuller kid a bad ass the 4-5 Games he plays every year. Lol

Nfl network reported yesterday Fuller is a “long shot to play”...we’ll see

They did. O’Brien said he was a game time decision. It was also reported on Monday or Tuesday that it was looking like he would play.

So who really knows? Do we trust the media with their “sources,” or the HC? The HC will more often than not be playing the “gamesmanship” card with his info. But is that to get the opponent to prepare for a guy even though he isn’t playing, or is it the opposite?

What Fuller does is allow the Texans to stretch the field, as they take more deep shots when he’s playing. That could obviously be a huge factor in this game, against a defense like that.

Any chance O’Brien’s seat is warm if they don’t show up tomorrow against the Bills. There seems to be some chatter in Houston about this?

Heard today Watsons qb ratings go way down when Fuller is out. And not just this year, but since '17. Like jedi said above, its really a big blow to lose him for the game here. Really changes their offense and Watsons effectiveness.

They did. O’Brien said he was a game time decision. It was also reported on Monday or Tuesday that it was looking like he would play.

So who really knows? Do we trust the media with their “sources,” or the HC? The HC will more often than not be playing the “gamesmanship” card with his info. But is that to get the opponent to prepare for a guy even though he isn’t playing, or is it the opposite?

Nope, they all a bunch of liars!

Heard today Watsons qb ratings go way down when Fuller is out. And not just this year, but since '17. Like jedi said above, its really a big blow to lose him for the game here. Really changes their offense and Watsons effectiveness.

Not surprising. Teams can dedicate a bunch to stopping Hopkins without him. Getting stills prob helped and they lethal when all 3 healthy but rarely happens. I’d say fuller prob one the best 2s around when healthy and now that ju ju a one.

Lol. Agreed, but one of them will have been telling the truth when it’s game time.

True.

I kinda like the 1st half under 21. Little worried about full game cause i could def see one team falling behind and/or it simply opening up late. Neither team averages more than 10 points in 1st half, think both will want to establish run games for different reasons. Bills have to and Houston needs to try and negate pressure (assuming obrien understands this, lol): little feeling out early on possibly. While Im not real sure watt adds much he might bring a emotional lift to the d early on if nothing else and certainly would think early on be his best chance to impact game.

What Fuller does is allow the Texans to stretch the field, as they take more deep shots when he’s playing. That could obviously be a huge factor in this game, against a defense like that.

Even if he did play, whats confidence level he wouldn't reinjure. Further, with hammy/groin, doubt Bills will even account much for him sprinting deep. Highly doubt he plays. Which helps Hop from a fantasy perspective. White has said this week he won't shadow Nuk.

White can pretty much lock down Hop on his own. Now if Fuller out they can add help too. Stills’ sucks. Line is short for a reason.

Even if he did play, whats confidence level he wouldn't reinjure. Further, with hammy/groin, doubt Bills will even account much for him sprinting deep. Highly doubt he plays. Which helps Hop from a fantasy perspective. White has said this week he won't shadow Nuk.

Well locally they’ve (players, coaches, media) talked about him being the deep threat, and what he does for their offense, so they are definitely going to be focused on it if he’s playing.

Of course reinjuring would be a concern, but that’s just part of the deal. He won’t be out there if they’re not confident he can go, but it’s always a concern.

I think we could all see yesterday that Fuller wasn't gonna play today, odds stay the same though... Hardest game of the weekend imo. I look at how shitty Hou has been in the 1st Round since 2015. 1-3 and win came against a broken down Raider Team. Leaning Buffalo

White can pretty much lock down Hop on his own. Now if Fuller out they can add help too. Stills’ sucks. Line is short for a reason.
Disagree here spek. You cannot expect White to shut down Hopkins for an entire game. It’s just not going to happen.
White will win a few battles but Hopkins will win that war.
Hopkins needs to be bracketed imo.

One thing I find hard to overlook in this game is the difference in SOS of these 2 teams. I don't know how it grades out after the season but before it, Houston had the toughest in the league and Buffalo was near the bottom IIRC. Makes it hard to compare these teams really.

I know I'm late but here goes......

A ton of reasoning I'm seeing on the web PRO- texans is that the Bills can't score, and that Watson is a better qb. Watson is a better qb but he won't be playing defense.

The Bills d-line has the advantage over the Texans O-line- Tunsil has the most penalties in the league and the rest of them are avg at best. Jordan Philips/Oliver have come on late, and I expect them to generate pressure up the middle and slow Hyde. Biggest ? is how hurt Lawson really is- if he's a non factor it spells trouble for the pass rush.

The Bills passing & rushing attack have the advantage over Houston- Brown will make that one big needed play. Allen gets knocked for his turnovers but he's a playmaker. Beasley vs. any of the corners will cause problems. I look for him to win short passing battles and open up the offense for Singletary. I think Motor shows the world what he's capable of today. Waiting on the official report but I have a hunch Duke williams is active. I think him or Dawson Knox anytime td prob great value. I'm gonna look.

The Bills secondary has the advantage over Houston's wr- Watson is a baller. I look for him to make a couple great plays and I don't think the Bills just completely shut him down. I do think that ppl will be surprised how good White really is on D-hop. Stills may have opportunities for big plays but Fuller out is big.

JJ Watt playing is going to be interesting to see. All reports are now saying he's going to see a bunch of playing time, but we'll see once he gets a couple hits on him. Obv a gamechanger, but I'm counting on Allen to make quick reads and the run game to keep them from long yardage situations.

Texans have the glaring advantage in punting, and both have good kickers.

McDermott has the coaching advantage. If he's up 2 scores early, the game will slow to a crawl. I don't think he gets that opportunity today and I like the Bills offense to score 3 tds today. OVerrrrr

Disagree here spek. You cannot expect White to shut down Hopkins for an entire game. It’s just not going to happen.

They'll always scheme to have Hyde Poyer nearby to help, but I expect a ton of quick 0-3 yd passes to Dhop early to try and get him rolling anyway. We'll see if they can get him away from White a couple times... I have to point out Stills burned the Bills a couple of times as a dolphin.

One thing I find hard to overlook in this game is the difference in SOS of these 2 teams. I don't know how it grades out after the season but before it, Houston had the toughest in the league and Buffalo was near the bottom IIRC. Makes it hard to compare these teams really.

I broke it down further and despite playing 1sf half under i think a lot points to why lex likes the over. Bills have played very weak passing offenses and id also argue their passing d while very good has most likely benefited from playing handful of games in the wind/rain/and cold of buffalo. On other hand their offense has faced a whole bunch of the better passing defenses which Texans are not and of course playing in those same unfavorable conditions.

I dunno if dude can stick Hopkins alone but no fuller so big cause affords them the opportunity to help if needed imo.

Im def having little buyers remorse on 1st half under but I do think that has a much better chance than full game. Think there be some feeling out early and possibly open up in second half. I hope anyways.

The Bills had only ONE win against teams with a winning record this season. That was the Titans.

Meh. He pretty much did last season (2 catches for 27 yds), Hopkins did catch a TD though. That may be the last TD scored against White too...he did not allow one TD against this season. He’s either the best, or 2nd best corner in the league at this point.

Back