Big ten week 10

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
This conference is a goddamn train wreck.

Nebraska VS. Bucks -17.5

Who knows here...no clue. Expect a Bucks win but no idea on anything else.

Iowa vs Purdue -3

I can't figure these teams out for the life of me.

Rutgers Vs Wisconsin -28.5

Got balls to take Wisconsin laying 28.5? Not me.

Michigan State -2 Vs Maryland

Maryland seems in disarray right now. Can sparty get some consistency? Lewreke status?

Minnesota vs Illinois

Bye.

Penn State vs Michigan -10

Michigan will finally face a solid QB, but still expect them to win. I'm the dumbass holding PSU +3 ticket from a few weeks ago.

Notre Dame -9.5 vs Northwestern

I personally think this could go down to the wire.

GL all. Great weekend of football all over the country.

Michigan vs mobile QB's

Wimbush: 19 rush 59 yards (long of 22) -- season opener

Martinez 7 carries -12 yards (long of 15). Arguably his worst rushing performance.

Pigrome: 5 rush 63 yards, 42 yards long, touchdown ---this came towards the end of the game in a blowout win for UM

Lewerke played hurt

Trace arguably gonna be UM's toughest test. PSU's receiving corps is a disaster, his comp % is so low (52.8; actually got a few points higher recently lol) because of all the drops. Really missing DaeSean and Gesicki. Overall very young group. UM needs to focus on containing him...question is how effective they can be doing so

I want to lay 10 so bad on BLUE, but something scares me a little. I don't know why, maybe its because PSU has been a pain in the ass to figure out. This is probably the worst team they will over the next few years though. They are young besides the QB, which is the problem. But VC is right, WRs besides Hamler stink. As long as he is eliminated we will have no problem here. How hurt is the QB, gutted out last game but may be better off with the backup. I see 35-10, our DBs will completely negate those WRs so not worried there besides #9 making something out of nothing and heaving one or two. Not worried about our run D. PSU defense is youthful but seem to be getting better. Saw a stat though where they have been on the field the last two games for 80 plus plays. Maybe its close in first half but we run away in second.

TE's can have a field day here, PSU corners good but LBs don't cover crossing TEs well, stud frosh #11 for PSU really struggles covering backs or TE crossing. Watch for it.

34-10 is my early week prediction.

Totally agree gotta hammer UM -10 also factoring in the whole having something to play for, little revenge too why not

He did have that 51-yard touchdown run though even with the knee brace

Hard to figure out why Sparty isn't an easy play? Maybe Maryland rallies around Durkin and plays inspired like in Week 1?

„Under his watch“ is very vague terminology scarf. I mean murders happened under Obama‘s watch so Obama must go to jail? Just cause he‘s the coach doesn‘t make him responsible

I am in no way following the Durkin story, but I did hear them say that some players walked out of meeting after hearing he was being retained. I don't really believe anything I hear on stuff like this anymore because people giving the information are often motivated one way or another and the people reporting it are often motivated one way or the other and who knows what is true. But if that is true it would seem that saying Durkin is retained and maybe on the sideline for this game would be more of a distraction and internal wedge more than it would be a positive motivating factor. Who knows really though.

I am in no way following the Durkin story, but I did hear them say that some players walked out of meeting after hearing he was being retained. I don't really believe anything I hear on stuff like this anymore because people giving the information are often motivated one way or another and the people reporting it are often motivated one way or the other and who knows what is true. But if that is true it would seem that saying Durkin is retained and maybe on the sideline for this game would be more of a distraction and internal wedge more than it would be a positive motivating factor. Who knows really though.

Yea i agree but then why Sparty line dropping?!

I'll be surprised if Nebraska can hold OSU under 45
At this point, you either don't bet the game or you bet OSU.

Team value had it all sucked out pretty quick, no doubt.

This game should fly over one would think.

The only thing that would maybe make the score lower is if C.U.M. and company really try and establish the run and are only somewhat successful.

Last week...

I didn't see much but have been catching up as much as possible...

Northwestern took control of the West, for now by beating Wisconsin h2h and having the other 2 in the race both lose on the road. It wasn't a pretty game but NW took care of business without any Cardiac Cats late 4th quarter moments. Wisconsin is what they are...way overrated entering the season but more than anything they have a lot of injuries and nothing at the QB position, which most people knew coming in. They still are a solid team and have a few big ones left to finish things out strong.

Purdue was a bit flat and it was a typical spot where Sparty looked dead in the water and stole one at home with some solid play. Purdue hung around and had their chance to steal the game as well but the unfortunate INT, blocked FG and before that ultra-conservative play by Brohm which led to the FG. They know it was a blown opportunity. All I would gauge from this game is that MSU responded after a beat down and perhaps Purdue was a bit full of themselves and took Michigan State for granted. What it does...is put a halt to a potential West run by the Boilers and leaves the door open for Michigan State in the East to still win the division.

Nebraska took care of Bethune. B.C had 355 yards offense but 80 of that was on the last drive of the game.

Iowa and Penn State was just an off game. Enough has been written around the forum about that game and I have nothing to add to those comments really.

Indiana and Minnesota had plenty of yards and plenty of turnovers. I did not see the end of this after the Hoosier comeback fwiw...

Well, Illinois and Maryland had 1200 yards offense. I did predict plenty of running and there was 700 yards combined so at least I got that right. Look like this was a shit show.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This week....

Michigan State and Maryland should be interesting. The line opened 3 and got bet all the way to 1...it slowly is climbing back out of that just slightly. With today's news, who the heck knows what the Maryland mindset will be this week. This is a virtual coaching change out of the blue 5 days before a game as well. My main match up issue here is Michigan State run defense vs the Maryland run game. Now, if it is close and they pound and pound I do think Maryland can break some at some point. Now, the Michigan State offense still sucks. I think some of that backup QB magic was a bit of fools gold last week to be honest. Anyways, they cannot run so a young kid prolly making the start on the road will have to complete some passes.

Tough game...disclaimer...I have taken a position at -1.5 just to have the number due to intangibles with the Maryland situation. There are no guarantees I keep this. I definitely do not see this line crossing zero, fwiw.

As I said earlier, if you liked Nebraska you already missed the boat so just pass on the game. You cannot lose that many points to the good number and play it. It is simply irresponsible. Now, if you like Ohio State it is pretty much time to fire if not now, soon. This game should feature lots of points unless, as I stated earlier, C.U.M. n company decide to get back to run, run and run to establish something for the November schedule.

Rutgers and Wisconsin isn't even fair. Well, Rutgers playing anyone isn't fair. Much like the Illinois game, nothing to see here.

Iowa and Purdue would have been a huge game if they both could have won on the road last week. It is still a pretty big game and will be very interesting to me. I am not quite sure what to think of yet in this game. Anyone have Stanley injury update on the thumb? I'll get more into this game as I look some more.

Minnesota and Illinois is another 'who the eff cares game'. The Gophers should be able to name their score, obviously, if they are interested.

Northwestern goes back to the OOC schedule with a very big game against Notre Dame. Obviously this is huge for Notre Dame on the national scene but this also impacts things in conference and with the Cats as well. A win would be huge for the NW profile and make their appearance in Indy a more attractive game on the ole SOS meter should they meet OSU or Michigan. This is big for both those schools too as it would give the Irish a loss and help bolster the conference in the playoff rankings. Lastly, Northwestern would be working their way into a major bowl game perhaps.

Michigan plays Penn State at 3:45. Lets see how McSorlety is doing. Hopefully Michigan is starting to get back near full health. They had some nice wins the last two times out with two of the best starters out of action. A few other guys have gotten nicked up as well...

Iron Jock is a big personal concern for a potentially close game. Obviously I'll dive into this game more in the next few days.

Okay, big couple weeks in conference then we should have a much clearer picture after the 10th.

Northwestern is really gonna play in the Big 10 championship? What a travesty

It's not determined yet, alot of things could still happen. I was going to type it out but I thought of about 6 different scenarios of different teams winning it.

So was Rutgers, so what? Northwestern is a team i'd like to see because they play up to their opponents. I mean they were so much better against Michigan for example than Nebraska was

Stanley kept his hand hidden in his hoodie pocket during media availability earlier this week, and Iowa media isn't allowed in practices, so don't expect to get much news on the Stanley front until Saturday morning during warmups.

Stanley kept his hand hidden in his hoodie pocket during media availability earlier this week, and Iowa media isn't allowed in practices, so don't expect to get much news on the Stanley front until Saturday morning during warmups.
thanks for the update

No idea what in the heehaw is gonna happen in Maryland this Saturday. So, I found a 3 and bought off.

MSU -1.5
Maryland +3

Lots of stuff at play here. Need one more MSU loss to cash RSW under but the old lucky charms feel like they might start popping out their ass the next few weeks. If they win this week, I do feel they will be right there to beat OSU next week.

Tarik Black was kind of back two weeks ago. He was on the field when the game went into delay. They did not play him on that shitty, wet field after that. That is fine, now he has had two more weeks to heal and the hopeful Nov 3rd target date is here and even Harbaugh is talking about him this week so I would expect he is out there for maybe 15-20 snaps or so. That is a pure guess on my part about yhe number of plays but feels pretty educated as well.

Rashan, we'll see what happens. It changes a few times on Thursday and Friday of each game week so no reason to even speculate.

No update on JBB. He got hurt near the end of the MSU game. There really was never an update. We shall see, if he is out, Syeuber would be in I believe. He is solid.

Luckily no other injuries occurred to offensive lineman or running backs. Michigan States #96 Jacob Pansyass tried twice to injure players during the game but to no avail thankfully. Keep an eye on that kid, he got some of that old Spartan dirty Dawg in him.

Weather looks to be real nice. Temps should be around 50 with no precipitation or ridiculous winds. You'll take that in November every time.

More to come later...

very rarely is it the jersey because you see the jersey, they’re well coached at it.

Nice little jab at Harbaugh

Makes me like my psu tt under all the more. Mich gonna be into it and Trace just doesn‘t have nearly the same weaponry around him plus Mich has more experience against him by now

This is a huge game for the Nittany Lions, no doubt.

Franklin has never beat a ranked team on the road (bowl wins do not count).

Two years ago in Ann Arbor he was reduced to kicking a FG down several TD's to avoid a shutout.

Last week was a big win for them. To win this game and maybe beat Wisky would be big and give them an outside shot at 11 wins after the Bowls. A loss here, and it is a 3-5 loss season and the PSU admin might want to start thinking about an expiration date on Franklin as a coach (and yes, he is a tremendous recruiter).

He also wore one in the second half vs Iowa, still managed a 51 yard rush td lol. UM linebackers will have to keep really good discipline

Lol both sides‘ perspective is understandable. Just kind of one of those things that feels dumb but inevitable

Franklin not getting fired because of a 7 or 8 win season this year lol He has plenty of equity there, rebuilt program, won B1G already, NY6 two straight years. Just had a big recruiting class, about to have another. Program way ahead of schedule in 16. Horrible in game coach but its not like they were Bama before he got there. They had 40 scholarship players. This will be their worst year in probably the next few. If he goes 7 or 8 wins the next couple of years, sure they could think about it.

Look I hate the guy, he's a douche and we all know a dumb ass game manager. But I want him to stay because I feel like he will never win it all anyway because he will choke away games even if they are really really good. His team isn't very good this year but everyone outside of #9 and #21 are back next year. I think their backup QB could be better anyway.

BTW, I guarantee their backup QB throws a pass in this game on some sort of trick play. They are going to pull out everything. Thats what scares me in this game, they play better as underdogs and playing from behind the last few years. If we let them get a 10-0 lead or something on us early, even late down 10 we good.

Because of that my prediction today says 34-16.

Franklin not getting fired because of a 7 or 8 win season this year lol He has plenty of equity there, rebuilt program, won B1G already, NY6 two straight years. Just had a big recruiting class, about to have another. Program way ahead of schedule in 16. Horrible in game coach but its not like they were Bama before he got there. They had 40 scholarship players. This will be their worst year in probably the next few. If he goes 7 or 8 wins the next couple of years, sure they could think about it.

Look I hate the guy, he's a douche and we all know a dumb ass game manager. But I want him to stay because I feel like he will never win it all anyway because he will choke away games even if they are really really good. His team isn't very good this year but everyone outside of #9 and #21 are back next year. I think their backup QB could be better anyway.

You know I am just doing that to mess with people who started asking for Harbaugh's head after 3 years with the absolute mess he inherited.

BTW, I guarantee their backup QB throws a pass in this game on some sort of trick play. They are going to pull out everything. Thats what scares me in this game, they play better as underdogs and playing from behind the last few years. If we let them get a 10-0 lead or something on us early, even late down 10 we good.

Because of that my prediction today says 34-16.
I agree that Stevens will play in some capacity, at some point.

Franklin has done a solid job there.

His signature wins in regular season are the OSU game few years back and the win at Kinnick...right?

In retrospect...the UM win last year wasn't all that impressive in the general scheme of things other than how prepared they were.

I haven't seen him much.

I saw him last year in a couple games and last week. I said to myself my bet is fucked unless Mcsorely comes back in. No disrespect, I like Mcsorley as a gamer type kid, i really do, i respect him. But that other guy could be special, who knows.

Favorite PSU-UM game ever?

1993 is very underrated. Welcome to the Big Ten

1994 was just one of those we stuck in it but were not beating that team.

1997 Judgement Day is obviously my favorite.

2005 Manningham was awesome

2006 .....

View attachment 35696

There was a Brady game in there as well...'99?

99 Brady at PSU leading the comeback, probably with the benefit of hindsight, when he arrived. I was high as a kite though so don't remember that much but how epic it seemed.

94 was the first Michigan game I went to and a just a great game despite the loss with remarkable talent all over the field. As Yag (not theres anything wrong with that) as this sounds, its when I asked a guy I barely knew who was and is the biggest Michigan fan I knew if he wanted to go the game with me and my mom because I had tickets. It started a 25 year friendship that still is strong today. We reminisce about it all the time and how we both had to piss and stand in the long ass lines and missed the long 67 yard Wheatley run for Td.

05 was unreal, basically ruining their season. I passed on going to the game to go out with my now wife. I cue the scene from Good Will Hunting when I think about what transpired. I don't regret it either.

02 I was there in 02 for the OT game when Perry scored in the end zone i was in. Cool but feel the refs stole one for us. That game actually started instant replay discussion because Paterno was so furious.

14? Worst best game was Allen Robinson game where we lost, we stunk anyway so I didn't really care. Nevertheless, it was great to see a good kid from OLSM ball out like that. I was in a bar in boston for that one so life was good no matter.

09 WORST Michigan game I have ever been to besides McNabb game in 98 but he put on an absolute show so that seemed worth seeing. Tate Forcier was our QB. I left at halftime. Those years still get me extremely angry.

You nervous about this game at all BAR? I usually get nervous about any game unless its Rutgers at home. Haven't bet yet but how do you feel about laying the dime?

Franklin has done a solid job there.

His signature wins in regular season are the OSU game few years back and the win at Kinnick...right?

In retrospect...the UM win last year wasn't all that impressive in the general scheme of things other than how prepared they were.

Right you are saying regular season, but I think anyone would want to include the Big Ten Championship game in 2016 and the Fiesta Bowl win last year are both pretty big signature wins. You saying that Michigan last year wasn't a big win for them, I don't think people outside both fan bases, like myself, would find reason to exclude it. Beating a top 20 Michigan team by 29 looks good on the overall resume.

You nervous about this game at all BAR? I usually get nervous about any game unless its Rutgers at home. Haven't bet yet but how do you feel about laying the dime?

This is what scares me...

I am not nervous for this game at all except for one tiny thing. It isn't that I don't think Penn State can win, I just do not think Penn State is going to lose. When you look back at this game after the season I think you will remember it as the 'Don Brown' game more than anything. This is all he has thought about was last year. As he said...to paraphrase... 'I didn't give them the right tools last year'.

I also think that this game we see 250+ with 2-3 TD passes from Sheavior. Just a hunch.

I have said since week 3...one week at a time. No reason to start thinking about Indiana or Ohio State or rankings or anything.

Now, whats makes me nervous? This team starting to get overconfident. I don't think they have that mindset though. I really do not. I can see a deficit in the first half and they will battle back.

No bet on the side for me though.

Back