BIG-- season win total play--w/ writeup

GO Cards!!!!!

AlbertPujols_2006_HomeRun_032.jpg

end april bump

18-11 so far ,,,,,, guess they showed me as far as a slow start was concerned. With Gallardo injury today the cards may be the second best team in the division now ... before carpenter or mulder have thrown a pitch.

end april bump

18-11 so far ,,,,,, guess they showed me as far as a slow start was concerned. With Gallardo injury today the cards may be the second best team in the division now ... before carpenter or mulder have thrown a pitch.

Thanks Kyle.. Appreciate the bump and it looks good.. To be honest I expected the quick start and the stretch coming up is the key to the bet:

• 18 of first 29 games were at home
  • Cards starters lead the NL in ERA (3.30) but mostly against bad scoring teams, again this is why I expected a fast start. Cards have only faced two teams that are in the upper half in runs scored.
  • Now reality sets in-- after this weekend;14 of next 20 are on the road.. If they can go .500 in that stretch I will feel very comfortable.
Actually, I think Mulder will downgrade the rotation when he returns.. Expect a trade with Pinero being the most likely candidate.. I like Wellenmyer.. Dave Duncan will make him a very effective starter for several years, if he stays healthy.. Carpenter , on the otherhand will be a huge upgrade

Glaus is key and he has picked it up.. Leads the league in doubles and projects over 100 RBI's .. For pujols to see pitches Glaus needs to be a threat.

August 1st bump:

Cards are 61-50.

Need to get to 78 wins .. 17-34 record the rest of the way would do it.. Looks good. Know a few guys tailed me so congrats to us..:cheers:

I have a 15:1 ticket from the Hilton for them to win the division (500 to win 7500) and would love to see them tighten it up and make a run at the cubs. 5 games out so it is still doable but the Cubs are in a great position and I really think the Cards are focused on the Wildcard.

If you read above I expected Carpenter to return by All-star break and he didn't miss it by much. He will be a force down the stretch.

I didn't expect Wainwright to hurt his finger and be out a month but it looks like he'll go on rehab assignment this week and be back soon.. A starting rotation going into September with Carp, Wainwright and Lohse in the first three spots will be tough to beat..

9 games left with the cubbies. Could be interesting.

Last edited:
Back