BIG play on an under today...

• Thread starter Thread starter Billivy
  • Start date Start date
B

Billivy

San Antonio Spurs @ Phoenix Suns under 205 (550 to win 500)

Something has occured to me when looking over the lines today. I look back on points scored/allowed for Phoenix and San Antonio in their last 5 post season games...and they're identical to the regular season numbers. Denver and LAL and the first matchup on Sunday proved to be a great sample set for how these teams have played in the regular season. Why is this signifigant? B/c I feel that when shooting percentages and offensive and defensive numbers are all spot on for the team average...then the second matchups in the playoffs must follow the same mold as the second matchup of the regular season IMO. Pop is a master strategist, he's historically switched up the pace from one game to another on the Suns. (last time we saw a simmilar total on the same floor, Pop dropped the points allowed by 13 and took a W in Phoenix. Tonight will be no different IMO. San Antonio won game one with good perimeter shooting and a strong presence inside...they'll win game two with defense (or at least thats how they're gonna approach the game) I expect something like a 98-92 final (Not really caring who's gonna win, whoever makes the shots in the last 2 minutes will, it could go either way)'an_horse'

Sounds Solid Bill, but historically the Home team Dictates pace as was the case in Game one, I think Pop will do whatever he needs to for a win, If that means running, then thats what he will do....However I do belive you are correct about him swapping it up and attacking this team Defensively. Even Timmy D made a commnet on how they needed to defens the three better and limit the outside shooting of Phoniex, if they do that then it goes under, period.

GL

I dont think we see OT..It takes a lot for the game to go into ot with all the finishers on the court in this series.

OT is always a possibillity with these two teams, but i cant let something like that deter me from making a play on an under...

and troutman, i agree with you....however, the spurs are one of the few teams that have the abillity to control pace on the road (they're a road powerhouse, and have been for years)...i feel that pop allowed the Spurs to run with Phoenix in game one in order to pull the carpet from underneath their legs in game two. (this is more of a feel play I guess)

<center> San Antonio Spurs at Phoenix Suns
Tuesday, May 8th, 10:35 PM EDT
</center>
Teams went over by 14 points in Game 1. Suns know only one way to play, outscore you, and Spurs have shown they can shoot a high percentage vs. this team. SAN ANTONIO is 47-27 OVER in road games after playing a game as a road underdog since 1996. PHOENIX is 43-30 OVER when the total is 200 to 209.5 over the last 2 seasons. Supporting angles to Play Over - Any team (PHOENIX) - in the second round of the playoffs, in the 2nd game of a playoff series (26-6 over the last 5 seasons, 81.2%) and Play Over - Any team (SAN ANTONIO) - in a game involving 2 very good teams - outscoring opponents by 7+ PPG. (48-20 over the last 5 seasons, 70.6%).

Play on: Over

I HOPE THIS SITE IS WRONG!!! I BET ON UNDER TOO..:animated-Dead12:

the total was moved 6 points from game one due to the points scored...i love scenarios like this...i've played like this in the past with great success....overcompensation of the line IMO...Phoenix has NOT simply outscored opponents this season. Mikey D. is not simply telling his team that they need to run for 48 minutes....the suns recognize that defense wins big games and have made vast improvements this season in that area....Phoenix will be concentrating on the defensive glass a lot more in game 2, cutting down on San Antonio's second chance opportunities...Phoenix will concentrate on handling the ball w/o the turnovers costing them easy points in transition this time around...but for the most part, San Antonio beat them in the half court in game one....they shot quick and took the Suns by surprise....gameplans seem to change often for Pop....like i said, master strategist!

looks good...

suns know they need to contain Timmmy better and that may mean jones is out and put Thomas in which will slow pace, this will free up amare and not get into foul trouble

Spurs didnt want the high scoring fast pace but they were hitting shots so they went with it.....they like to play in 90's

gl bro

again? jesus christ...we clash more than any other two cappers on the board

angry22.gif

Bill,
It was too easy, to bad the Spurs lost, but I think it sets up a great bounceback in SA where the Suns will be dogs, everyone should be all over them....

Back