Betting Baseball

I have been on the field umpiring these guys....umpires try to get every call every pitch correct. They don't favor one team or player ever. Ever...they don't change their strike zones based on the current count. They don't call things a certain way so the game doesn't go into extra innings. These guys are professionals....the days where you can stick it to a guy by calling things purposefully wrong against him are over..too many cameras too much replay...

A lot of announcers are former players, or have been around the game for a very long time. They probably watch more baseball than most obsessed fans, if anyone had an inside scoop, my bet would be on an announcer or two. I don't see how we'd be way off in thinking that?

Secondly, yes, we all get they're professionals. But guess what, they're also human beings who can be susceptible to emotion and outside distractions. I'd love to see Brandon Belt's strike zone right now because on more than one occasion it would seem to me he's getting a little more benefit of the doubt from Umpires because he's 'hot' right now. It's most likely a subconscious thing for most Umpires but the distorted picture you paint where Umpires can hone in on Robotic emotions doesn't add up.

GH new to this forum on post #6 you talk about .10 and .20 lines when you say .10 do you mean -1.10 on both teams? And -1.20 on both teams for the .20 line assuming the game is a pick'em game thanks?

10 cent lines are where books offer 10 cent differences between what they are charging you on favorites (of -190 or less) versus what they are giving you in the same game for the underdog. 20 cent lines obviously mean 20 cent differences.

In post #5 you talk about playing over 1,000 games per year for baseball only? Is baseball your favorite sport? Do you post picks for other sports? Do you have any idea what your winning % or net units are for your lifetime?
TY

I love baseball but my #1 passion, and several people could chime in, are the horses.'an_horse'

I post here and on another site which is known for chirping. I play most sports but baseball and CBB seem to be my best team sports. I'm an old man. There's no way I can tell you my units for a lifetime. I can barely remember last week. LOL

TY GH when I look in the mirror in the morning I hold my driver's license so I can see my picture and my face at the same time. Then I look at the drivers license to see what my name is. Not LOL
I am going to send you a PM.

Back