best Point Guard? Chris Paul or Ron Williams?

Who's better? Paul or Williams

• Kris Paul

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Ronald Williams

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
I think the best way to look at this is how Simmons does his trade value column

If Utah called New Orleans and offered D. Williams for C.Paul then New Orleans laughs and hangs up the phone

If New Orleans calls and offers Paul for Williams then the Jazz at least think about it for a second.

its all about steals to turnover ratios when evaluating the point guard position.

Paul
spg = 2.4
TOpg = 2.56

Williams
spg = 0.9
TOpg = 2.88

NO comparison. THEN you throw in 3PPG more for Paul, and it pisses people off that this is even a thread here :popcorn:

I think the best way to look at this is how Simmons does his trade value column

If Utah called New Orleans and offered D. Williams for C.Paul then New Orleans laughs and hangs up the phone

If New Orleans calls and offers Paul for Williams then the Jazz at least think about it for a second.

I dont think it would take Utah a full second to accept the trade...

Both vare wonderful young PG's. I take CP3 in a heartbeat. One thing also, Utahs offense is designed for Williams to succeed(not taking anything away from him). Both are great, the two best in the game right now.

You'd take Deron over Chauncey for one game?

its all about steals to turnover ratios when evaluating the point guard position.

Paul
spg = 2.4
TOpg = 2.56

Williams
spg = 0.9
TOpg = 2.88

NO comparison. THEN you throw in 3PPG more for Paul, and it pisses people off that this is even a thread here :popcorn:

Actually it's not about steals to TO's. It's assists to TO's which CP3 still is better at. I don't know how it can piss you off that the comparison even exists other than you're likely a Hornets fan living so close to NOLA? CP3 is better, but it's not like it's an insult to compare the two.

I dont think it would take Utah a full second to accept the trade...

I can promise you that'd they reject it. The reason the jazz didn't draft CP3 and instead drafted Williams is that they wanted their PG to have a bigger frame. The Jazz brass were nervous that Paul may wear down and injure easily which hasn't been the case. The Jazz wouldn't trade Deron for anybody in the league not named Kobe or Lebron and they aren't coming here.

Be serious. Do they not carry Jazz games in Korea or something?

It's not an INSULT to compare the two, no, but it's not a serious comparison that reasonable people can disagree on. There, at this moment, exists no reasonable argument that says Deron is a better PG than Paul. Every single GM would obviously take Paul, except, apparently, Utah's.

As for Billups... I would put him as the PG of my All-NBA Second Team this year. The effect he's had on Denver is one of the stories of the year in the league IMO.

This year Billups has been amazing, just look at the difference in Detroit and Denver since that trade.

I agree with Killa for this season I would take Billups over Deron

Thats a very good question. Who is the opponent? You know i like Big Shot a lot and hebrought me many good memries this decade. The fact is though he has trouble against certain types of guards. For instance, the Boston game tonight. He can no longer defend guys like Rondo effectively. Chauncey has always used smarts over speed. He has deceptive speed on offense but is more methodical. Then you take 2 years ago in the Eastern Finals against Cleveland. He was rendered to only somewhat effective because Hughes and Sasha had the size and strength to guard him.

On the other hand, if its a backcourt like Orlando or if he is playing Nash. I know he is going to simply dominate that matchup at all times and has proven so the last few years.

You want to put Billups and Deron head to head? I won;t oull numbers or anything I just know Deron has been a thron in our side the past several years.

Lastly, back to the big game aspect. I haven't seen a healthy Chauncey in a big game in a few years. He gets some sort of leg injury every year in the playoffs.

Three-four years ago he would have been my pick over any PG in the league in a big game. He proved it then. I hope he gets a chance in the playoffs this year. No doubt I will be rooting for him.

This year Billups has been amazing, just look at the difference in Detroit and Denver since that trade.

I agree with Killa for this season I would take Billups over Deron

He has been. But, at same point, this is a great way to dispute stats in evaluating players. Chauncey is getting 18ppg and 6 asst shooting 42 percent. Here in Detroit, Iverson's numbers are almost identical for the year and consistent(except a bit down on assists) to what Chauncey used to do. It's all about a players presence, game management and defense.

Poll Options
Who's better? Paul or Williams
Kris Paul
Ronald Williams

:36_11_6:

Actually it's not about steals to TO's. It's assists to TO's which CP3 still is better at. I don't know how it can piss you off that the comparison even exists other than you're likely a Hornets fan living so close to NOLA? CP3 is better, but it's not like it's an insult to compare the two.

you're right... but you can't leave steals out of the comparison. its all relative (assists, TOs, steals - except assists mean real points & points win games). he's the best ever at getting steals, already. i come from the background in which guard defense (pressure on the opposing PG) is just as important as being able to get in to your own offense, and the most important part of team defense. Of course, in the NBA the PG position on every team is very different, so in some games its not as important, i guess. but when you are playing VS a Chris Paul team. the most important defender on the team has to be his defender.

i aint pissed, but i just don't see how its even close. then again we now have a Odom vs Pippen argument so whatever.

Back