Best Money Line Team to Start 2015 Season

• Thread starter Thread starter The Capping Genius
  • Start date Start date
T

The Capping Genius

Im going to be loading up on the Houston Astros. These guys were competitive against good pitching last year and now they will be underrated at the plate this season. They could be up 30 units in the first 2 months.

Reasoning? I think they are awful even before Tulo and Cargo start missing games.

I haven't done numbers yet for this season, but on last seasons numbers their record was way off. They performed much better then their W-L record indicated. The market will undervalue them this year. They might not be a 500 team, but they will be better then what their price each day will indicate

I haven't done numbers yet for this season, but on last seasons numbers their record was way off. They performed much better then their W-L record indicated. The market will undervalue them this year. They might not be a 500 team, but they will be better then what their price each day will indicate

They did and that's an excellent point.

white sox and indians

Indians are going to be a good investment with Kluber and Carrasco. Other starters are good only in certain spots -unless someone gets hot...

there also should be some value with the yanks this year

Loss of Jeter will be a big void on a team that had more players declining in their careers than who is improving. Would not play on Yanks when up against Balt, and Boston. Jeters bat was
not as big a loss, as him just being in the lineup...
Sabathia is nothing more than a .500 pitcher now. IMO.

Indians are going to be a good investment with Kluber and Carrasco. Other starters are good only in certain spots -unless someone gets hot...

Loss of Jeter will be a big void on a team that had more players declining in their careers than who is improving. Would not play on Yanks when up against Balt, and Boston. Jeters bat was
not as big a loss, as him just being in the lineup...
Sabathia is nothing more than a .500 pitcher now. IMO.

Jeter not being in NY is going to help the Yanks, not hurt them. Him "being in the lineup" didn't add value to them, that's just what fan boys would say. He was a detriment in the field (for years and years), and his bat wasn't anywhere near what it used to be. I'm not really sure how you come to the conclusion that the Yankees will have a huge void, or be worse off without Jeter in the lineup.

Jeter not being in NY is going to help the Yanks, not hurt them. Him "being in the lineup" didn't add value to them, that's just what fan boys would say. He was a detriment in the field (for years and years), and his bat wasn't anywhere near what it used to be. I'm not really sure how you come to the conclusion that the Yankees will have a huge void, or be worse off without Jeter in the lineup.

They don't have many bats as it is. No Fan choice by me. Just feel he was an influence that made them a better team when he was there. They got no shot in their division...

They don't have many bats as it is. No Fan choice by me. Just feel he was an influence that made them a better team when he was there. They got no shot in their division...

Oh yeah, of course they have no shot in the division. I'm not saying they're good by any means, but Jeter not being there shouldn't hurt them much at all. He didn't 'will' his teammates to play better...and pretty much anyone they put at SS will be a big defensive upgrade...and he wasn't the same Jeter at the plate we'd seen earlier in his career, so that should be easily replaced as well.

Oh yeah, of course they have no shot in the division. I'm not saying they're good by any means, but Jeter not being there shouldn't hurt them much at all. He didn't 'will' his teammates to play better...and pretty much anyone they put at SS will be a big defensive upgrade...and he wasn't the same Jeter at the plate we'd seen earlier in his career, so that should be easily replaced as well.

Don't think the yanks are going to miss Jeter that much outside of maybe the publicity. War-wise he hasn't been relevant since 2009...his defensive war is what brings his overall war down (obviously), sure he was a leader and people listened but I think they'll be just fine...

they have headley for a full year, McCann should be better with a year under his belt in the big apple (he was said to have put extra pressure on himself cause of contract, venue etc.), I think Didi will be just fine playing SS there...OF = beltran/gardner/Ellsbury...SP = Tanaka, Pineda, Eovaldi, CC, unfortunately you have capuano as your fifth...

Still think you can find value with this team, definitely not division champs by any means but value? definitely can get some decent ml prices throughout the season

Don't think the yanks are going to miss Jeter that much outside of maybe the publicity. War-wise he hasn't been relevant since 2009...his defensive war is what brings his overall war down (obviously), sure he was a leader and people listened but I think they'll be just fine...

they have headley for a full year, McCann should be better with a year under his belt in the big apple (he was said to have put extra pressure on himself cause of contract, venue etc.), I think Didi will be just fine playing SS there...OF = beltran/gardner/Ellsbury...SP = Tanaka, Pineda, Eovaldi, CC, unfortunately you have capuano as your fifth...

Still think you can find value with this team, definitely not division champs by any means but value? definitely can get some decent ml prices throughout the season

Agreed.

I wasn't too sure if the Yanks would have value early in the season, simply because they're the Yanks and books always shade the lines towards them knowing that the public will blindly back them regardless. I certainly hope they do have some early season value though.

Agreed.

I wasn't too sure if the Yanks would have value early in the season, simply because they're the Yanks and books always shade the lines towards them knowing that the public will blindly back them regardless. I certainly hope they do have some early season value though.

I think you'll get some decent ML/series prices on them especially starting off the season against division essentially....Toronto, Boston, @O's, @Rays, @Tigers, Mets, Rays in the first month...expect them to take the series against the Jays for the opening series and they (the jays) will be highly overpriced to start the year

Any value in Padres at 25-1 to win the WS? Book is still offering those odds. Don't follow baseball very much at all.

I really think that's terrible value, rather have LAD as much as it pains me

25-1 on San Diego is just trying to get those buying into the hype, SF and LAD are still the teams to beat in the division let alone to win it all

Also, I will give you three to one odds that the Astros are not up 30 units two months into the season. Ridiculous.

3k to you if they are up 30 units or more, 1k to me if they are below that number. Whattaya say?

I'm ok with the site holding our money until the two month duration is up. They could be up 30 units in two months ... martians could come give me a blow job tonight too. Make sense at least once a day, ******.

clown, what odds can you give gman that the Tribe hits the quarter pole at 38-2?

I have done a lot of number crunching. Calculating victories. And by my formula of victories, the Astros could not be up 30 units within two months.

This guy has had one too many enemas.

Going to go through the motions of celebration when the Cavs win it all this year, but a little pissed it's not the Indians breaking the drought.

Guy says Houston might win 30 units in two months, I contribute by telling him I think the rays are the team to back on the ML early in the year, he says I don't make sense on a clear two word post, I offer 3-1 odds on his statement that he thinks DOES make sense, and he will not accept it.

Take that douchebaggery and bother someone else with it.

I don't understand the flack Love is taking, locally and nationally. First of all, guy's clearly not fully healthy, he runs straight up and gingerly like a 68-year-old man, and his hops are non-existent. Secondly, we all knew he wouldn't score 25 a game, not enough balls to go around. Thirdly, we all knew his defensive limitations going in. Lastly, guy's an awesome rebounder. He's like a goddamn octopus with a big butt.

He pulls a bigger man to the perimeter, thus allowing T.I. and LBJ the ability to attack the rim with greater ease. He doesn't clog up the middle on them. And then he rebounds. Good player but not an elite type which is what his free agency price says he was.

I don't understand the flack Love is taking, locally and nationally. First of all, guy's clearly not fully healthy, he runs straight up and gingerly like a 68-year-old man, and his hops are non-existent. Secondly, we all knew he wouldn't score 25 a game, not enough balls to go around. Thirdly, we all knew his defensive limitations going in. Lastly, guy's an awesome rebounder. He's like a goddamn octopus with a big butt.

Just the nature of the beast that is 'sports journalism and reporting' these days Tip. Rationally, and logically, what you've said is true...in 2015, if you didn't just throw down 50 with 20 rebounds, and your team isn't 33-2 like that same media expected, you're going to get criticized. Hell, even if you drop 50 with 20 rebounds someone will find a way to criticize you.

He wasn't worth Wiggins, it's simple. Must win 2 'ships to make me change my mind.

He pulls a bigger man to the perimeter, thus allowing T.I. and LBJ the ability to attack the rim with greater ease. He doesn't clog up the middle on them. And then he rebounds. Good player but not an elite type which is what his free agency price says he was.

Very true about the FA price, but it seems most guys are well overpaid nowadays to begin with. If they win a title or two while he's there, it's all relative at that point, and it won't matter much what they gave him.

Honestly I don't even know if 2 championships would change my mind. I still think Andrew Wiggins is a generational type, and yes it's presumptive to say that, but that guy is a program builder from my perspective.

Ya, I guess if they win it all, none of it matters ... much like the regular season that people are slamming him for.

Yep. Let's see them lose in the 1st or 2nd round before it's anything close to a crisis.

Probably not worth Wiggins, but Love's not old, and Wiggins wouldn't be doing in Cleveland this year what he's doing in Minny. Of course that team's going to showcase him, what else they got going?

Honestly I don't even know if 2 championships would change my mind. I still think Andrew Wiggins is a generational type, and yes it's presumptive to say that, but that guy is a program builder from my perspective.

He very well may be. It just seems the Cavs took the approach, or stance, that they could win in the very near future and didn't feel the need to wait around for Wiggins to become that generational player when they could get one of the top 10ish type players in the league to do that winning now. We'll see if it pans out obviously, but you have to imagine that was the thought process.

Back