Bengals vs Chiefs Discussion Thread

Lay it now.

You all know I'm not a huge fan of KCs defense over rh years but with their style they will get multiple sacks against this OL as well.

Chiefs on a high get out early and cruise 34-17.

Lay it now.

You all know I'm not a huge fan of KCs defense over rh years but with their style they will get multiple sacks against this OL as well.

The OL is a problem but they can’t stop burrow. It’ll be like the game a few weeks ago

Lay it now.

7 now and I still agree. But would want Mathieu back. Burrow is no Allen (yet anyway) and I think the KC defense will make it a long day for Burrow. Think 34-17 about right.

Lay it now.

I dunno man, they blitz a lot and burrow torched that last time as the good qbs seem to do these days.

I think kc wins but I don’t think I can lay -7. If cincy oline could block at all I would love them, lol. Burrow is awesome and more athletic than maybe he gets credit for but he can’t escape pressure in the way Allen does.

I think kc wins but I don’t think I can lay -7. If cincy oline could block at all I would love them, lol. Burrow is awesome and more athletic than maybe he gets credit for but he can’t escape pressure in the way Allen does.
Can’t lay a td or more w that d. Neither will stop the other. Game will be decided in last 2 minutes barring one team just having mad turnovers.

Burrow is great but their Oline isn’t. KC will play it like TEN and send a lot of pressure. I don’t think they will give him enough time to keep up with Mahomes. 34-17 as previously stated seems about right. Played KC -6.5 last night.

So looking forward to watching two teams that beat the Steelers four times this year by an average score of 36-13 :biglaugh:

Can’t lay a td or more w that d. Neither will stop the other. Game will be decided in last 2 minutes barring one team just having mad turnovers.

I just can’t lay that kinda number in any these games, look how close everyone of them was once we got rid of the garbage that didn’t belong. There is def a case to be made titans shoulda absolutely beat them by at least a score if tannenhill wasn’t such a scrub but I dunno kc dline can cause the same kinda hell titans did? Maybe they can? Ingram looked a lot more like his old self last night, they have dudes up front and I would assume they learned from the last meeting not to go blitz crazy. Point being while I’m not wanting to lay it im not sure taking 7 is some lock either.

Look at all the settling for fgs Cincy has done in these playoffs, they do that again there is def a avenue for them to get beat by 2 tds. The points they scored vs raiders and titans gets them beat by 10 imo, and it not like raiders d was any good!! I think I’m just gonna suck it up and play the kc ml as I think it could come down to wire as you said but I also think there a clear path to it not being close, either scenario I gotta roll with the team who been here and done it against a team who I just can’t imagine can win it all with a oline that bad!

The only question here is can and will KC D line, and entire defense, do what Titans did?

I do not know the answer. If KC can do so, they win by more than 7 relatively easily. Watching KC defense against Buffalo gives me pause. I took small position at -7.

But, I give Vegas line makers for knowing what they are doing.

I’m not saying the Chiefs D is a juggernaut and they certainly were at a disadvantage without (perhaps) their most important player for the entire game.

But this was 26-21, 4th and 13 at the 2 min warning. The defense largely did its job yesterday and it will be lost in the shuffle of the last two minutes.

I’m not saying the Chiefs D is a juggernaut and they certainly were at a disadvantage without (perhaps) their most important player for the entire game.

But this was 26-21, 4th and 13 at the 2 min warning. The defense largely did its job yesterday and it will be lost in the shuffle of the last two minutes.

I think bills playcalling was largely responsible for that. For some reason other than last drive of the half they seemed content to take the ball out of Allen’s hands in the 2nd and 3rd qrtr. Had they been aggressive the entire game I don’t think kc stops them once.

The consensus is Bengals gonna run into a roadblock eventually. This is the line that screams it, as we all know.

I just refuse to believe a oline that bad can win anything. Love the rest the team but just don’t think you can survive with such a bad line.

saw this today

Conference championship favorites of more than a field goal are 15-8 (65%) ATS since 2004, and that includes 6-2 ATS (75%) for favorites that lost a previous matchup that season.

Kc couldn’t cover davis, how they gonna cover chase, Boyd, Higgins, the TE? Their d ain’t the titans as far as pressure goes. I’ll gladly take the points
I tend to agree with this, except the latter. If I ultimately take the points I will do so reluctantly. Of course, I am usually worried about the line I take, except when I got the Titans early at -3 and never wavered all week.

Whats any different how this might play out than week 17? I'd take the points at 7 or more with Cincy

- A holding penalty prevented the score from being 35-17 right before the half.
- Kelce and Hill combined for only 65 yards
- Chiefs had 31 points for the game and only 3 in the second half.
- Chase exploited single coverage multiple times in second half whole Chiefs continuously blitzed.
- Chiefs, 10 penalties for 83 yards, most on the defense. Bill Vinovich’s crew has called 4 defensive holdings all season and the least amount of penalties in the league.

Inactive Week 17

Here are the inactive players for the Chiefs:

• QB Shane Buechele
  • RB Clyde Edwards-Helaire
  • CB DeAndre Baker
  • OL Kyle Long
  • OT Prince Tega Wanogho
Here is the inactive list for Bengals:

• QB Jake Browning
  • RB Trayveon Williams
  • CB Jalen Davis
  • LB Germaine Pratt
  • OL D’Ante Smith
  • DL Cam Sample
  • DT Tyler Shelvin

- Chase exploited single coverage multiple times in second half whole Chiefs continuously blitzed.
- Chiefs, 10 penalties for 83 yards, most on the defense. Bill Vinovich’s crew has called 4 defensive holdings all season and the least amount of penalties in the league.

Inactive Week 17

• QB Shane Buechele
  • CB DeAndre Baker
  • OL Kyle Long
  • OT Prince Tega Wanogho

• QB Jake Browning
  • RB Trayveon Williams
  • CB Jalen Davis
  • LB Germaine Pratt
  • OL D’Ante Smith
  • DL Cam Sample
  • DT Tyler Shelvin
Great points. The only thing I’ll add is that this won’t be Vinovich’s regular season crew. I’m not sure if that will make a difference on how penalties are called for this game.

I think bills playcalling was largely responsible for that. For some reason other than last drive of the half they seemed content to take the ball out of Allen’s hands in the 2nd and 3rd qrtr. Had they been aggressive the entire game I don’t think kc stops them once.

Was going to say that same thing. Some bizarre run calls when you have Josh Allen cooking

Great points. The only thing I’ll add is that this won’t be Vinovich’s regular season crew. I’m not sure if that will make a difference on how penalties are called for this game.

True. But I think this past weekend shows (for the most part) the league wants the refs to not be the story. After the Jerome Boger game, not a ton of chatter this weekend about officials overall. But very good point about the crew

Was going to say that same thing. Some bizarre run calls when you have Josh Allen cooking

It made no sense to me at all, i remember several of us bitching bout it as it was happening. I dunno how great a coach Taylor is but he seems to like putting the ball In his stud qb hands, gotta like/respect that! I’m pretty old school but I can admit it really stupid to ever go 3 and out without letting any these great qbs have a chance.

Inactive Week 17

• QB Shane Buechele
  • CB DeAndre Baker
  • OL Kyle Long
  • OT Prince Tega Wanogho

• QB Jake Browning
  • RB Trayveon Williams
  • CB Jalen Davis
  • LB Germaine Pratt
  • OL D’Ante Smith
  • DL Cam Sample
  • DT Tyler Shelvin

I would def think there be a few differences, I can’t imagine kc let’s chase go freaking crazy for 266 again! I’d be shocked if they blitzed nearly as much. Would def expect hill and kelce to be a bigger factor. I really think whether it close gonna come down to bungals fixing their issues in scoring range, they settle for fgs like the have the 1st 2 rounds I think they get beat by 10+, they score tds could be another really good game. I have little doubt both teams gonna move the ball mostly at will.

I know this kid is good, and has some impressive accomplishments already, but is it just me or is he getting a little too big for his britches? NFL has a way of humbling you when needed….
Not disputing this point though. I’m sure close to 100000 fans with cowbells are quite louder than the what? around 70,000max at NFL games?

Not disputing this point though. I’m sure close to 100000 fans with cowbells are quite louder than the what? around 70,000max at NFL games?

Man I can’t even stand watching messy st games on tv! I didht think it came off as cocky, totally accurate. There no doubt he a cocky kid but that ain’t nothing new, he certainly don’t lack confidence, and he shouldn’t. The way he played despite being hit pretty much every time he dropped back was impressive as hell last week.

Ill admit I haven’t watched all kc games this year, but I did see my titans beat them. I did see Buffalo with one wr toss the ball all over the field and I did see burrow drop 450 and 4 Tds on them. I really need someone to explain that this defense covers 7? I know it’s not apples to apples but I just don’t see it

Ill admit I haven’t watched all kc games this year, but I did see my titans beat them. I did see Buffalo with one wr toss the ball all over the field and I did see burrow drop 450 and 4 Tds on them. I really need someone to explain that this defense covers 7? I know it’s not apples to apples but I just don’t see it

I wouldn’t worry bout the titans game, kc was a shell themselves then, bills have plenty of wrs, it was just the one that kept getting open!! To answer your question tho I dunno if they can stop cincy or not?

Diggs 7 yards. Knox 9 yards. Davis was attacking the safeties without Mathieu there. As I’ve said, 4th and 13, 2 mins to go. Bills have 21 points and 320 yards total. Defense did its job.

Now Mathieu and Fenton will be back per sources.

Say what you will about Spagnuolo, since he arrived, he makes adjustments. And I would be shocked if they blitzed as much and left Ward out on an island against Chase again so much.

Diggs 7 yards. Knox 9 yards. Davis was attacking the safeties without Mathieu there. As I’ve said, 4th and 13, 2 mins to go. Bills have 21 points and 320 yards total. Defense did its job.

Now Mathieu and Fenton will be back per sources.

Say what you will about Spagnuolo, since he arrived, he makes adjustments. And I would be shocked if they blitzed as much and left Ward out on an island against Chase again so much.

Yea I can’t imagine they do that again, I think their front getting more pressure now than they did most the season, Ingram looked like his old self last week, they certainly got in the backfield against Allen, he just got away! Burrow more athletic than maybe he gets credit for but nowhere close to Allen. I do think bills playcalling in 2nd and 3rd qrtrs was partially responsible for them only having 21 before that 4th and 13! Incredibly puzzling the few times they punted without putting ball in Allen’s hands!

Gotta believe they roll some coverage to chase, I just can’t imagine after he went for 266 on them they don’t make life a lot harder for him, of course cincy isn’t lacking for weapons so I do think other guys will have chances for big games. I like spags as a dc, he def has to tone down some his aggressiveness against burrow but as you said he perfectly capable to make adjustments. I’d think in that regard edge kinda goes to kc cause think cincy will see something totally different. I don’t think there any doubt kc has the dudes up front that can beat cincy crappy oline!!

Loudest games attended were discussed on the husker board I read. Someone said a mediocre nebraska game is louder than arrowhead and I generally don't rate nebraska as that loud unless we hate the opponent (Oklahoma, Colorado, Miami, probably Wisconsin now).

Really good analysis of this game. Regardless of outcome I would not like to lose a bet on the Bengals and have not given this consideration:

Really good analysis of this game. Regardless of outcome I would not like to lose a bet on the Bengals and have not given this consideration:

They really do a great job, one the few I listen to their nfl and college every week. I always put them on when I go to bed so it often takes 3x to make it thru whole thing but totally worth it! Lol

May have just been suckered into this, but just played AFC -2.5 in Superbowl. Obviously guessing KC wins and should be favored by at least 3 in Superbowl over either.

Back