Beat Michigan Week with Marsski

Marsski

MAC Marvel
YTD: No idea what it was but it was pretty good--about 64 percent or so...

Gents:
Missed you guys. Hopefully, we are back up and going now...

The most glorious week of the year is upon us when the most storied rivalry in football is renewed again. Yes, its BEAT MICHIGAN week.

I'm a little surprised that it didn't open in the 6/7 range as that's where I thought it would be. I haven't really seen to much of Gardner at QB but with a pumped up crowd and OSU going for a perfect season I don't think Michigan has much of a chance to win. I may be looking to parlay OSU ML with something...not sure yet.
I guess you could argue that Braxton regressed vs. Wisky but I think we see a bounceback from him this week. The offense never really got clicking but I think it was more because of line play than anything else...
OSU's defense looked the best I have seen all year vs. Wisky. It helps that they want to play smashmouth, but if there is such a thing as a quiet 191 yards then that's what happened to Monte Ball.

In MACtion this week, you got some tricky games with teams with nothing to play for...Kent and Toledo being prime examples...

Akron gets on national TV and catching too many against what should be a disinterested Rockets squad. If Toledo cared, they could win this by 50 but they may not...and guessing Akron will be pumped up to get on national TV...

Buffalo quietly getting better and BG coming off a crushing loss...game in Columbus and I may be going...lean Buffalo catching points...they can win SU if they can get their run game going.

U Mass finally won a game and took Buffalo to the wall...they are improving but hard to see them stopping the run vs. CMU.

If Ball State comes in under 7, I would play them vs. Miami's shitty defense...

Tues/Thurs leans:
Akron +19 @ Toledo
TCU +8 @ Texas

Friday leans:
Ohio +10.5 @ Kent
Ball State ?? @ Miami
Marshall +4.5 @ ECU
Buffalo +9 vs. BG (in CBUS)
CMU -11 @ UMass
Iowa State +1 vs. WVa
Cincy -?? vs. S Fla (Check for Cold Weather, rain/snow)

Sat leans:
Ohio State -4.5 vs. Team Up North
Ga Tech +13 @ Ga
Texas Tech +2 @ Baylor
Oregon State +10.5 vs. Oregon
Auburn +31.5 @ Bama
Stanford -1 @ UCLA
SJoseSt -5 vs. LaTech

This week's card goes here:

Iowa State +1 for 1 unit
OSU -3 for 2 units (-115)

Last edited:
By the way, I had Iowa State over Kansas on Saturday so I watched that game...Iowa State had a freshman (Richardson) come in and throw for 4TDs and run for 1. Diced apart Kansas...not that they have a very good D...but neither does WVa.
Just be aware that Richardson will be going vs. WVa and he looked very very good in his first action of the year.

By the way, looking for 2 tickets for The Game if anyone knows of any...willing to pay above face.
People on Stub Hub and Craig's List are still in fantasy land asking for 250 and up apiece for downright bad seats. I wanna go but not at that price...

Kent is a beast. God is that team good imo.

Believe me, I love Kent. I had em last week for about the sixth time this year and all they do is win and cover the spread. It's Dri Archer. He's uncoverable. I want to Yag marry him he's won me so much money.

But Kent has the MAC East wrapped up and has to go play NIU for the MAC title.
They have absolutely zero to play for on Friday, and I wouldn't be surprised if some guys were pulled or just didn't play. Perhaps the aforementioned Dri Archer. They already lost this year to Kentucky so no perfect record or BCS ranking or anything...
I dunno feels like a game they could mail in, 11am kickoff, Ohio U. has a bunch of seniors who are pissed off at their season turning south such as Tettleton...maybe they quit on the year but if they did it would be unusual for Solich-coached team.
I would not take Kent here...I will be looking for news on how Hazell plans to use his guys...just saying its on my radar for a late add if I get the sense Kent will be sitting guys especially Archer...hes the biggest factor in any MAC game with Kent. They get way less explosive if he doesn't play.

First bet is...Iowa State...Love that freshman QB, not sure that WVa defense is much better than what he saw from Kansas...Big white guy Iowa State WR is back as well and he's a playmaker...Iowa State at home..think they win SU

Add: Iowa State +1 for 1 unit

Oh I agree with regards to this weekend. Ohio might be added to my list as well. Kent for me against nilly wondering what that line is.

Oh I agree with regards to this weekend. Ohio might be added to my list as well. Kent for me against nilly wondering what that line is.

I suck at this game but assuming both win by about the spread this weekend...Kent by 10, NIU by 21...

I'd say NIU is favored by 4.5 or so...I would take Kent getting 3.5 or more...3 or less and I'm not sure...NIU QB is a tough match-up for Kent...they prefer to face a conventional running attack and pocket passer (Rutgers for example)...

Ahhhhh Marsski, finally our sensai is back. Thanks for the insight on kent, but do you think Hazell would really bench Archer w/the year he's been having? Padding the record books only helps that kid and hazell's program.

Ahhhhh Marsski, finally our sensai is back. Thanks for the insight on kent, but do you think Hazell would really bench Archer w/the year he's been having? Padding the record books only helps that kid and hazell's program.

Its a fair point, but I've seen em pulled before or sitting out the second half in a similar spot before...Archer can't carry the full load...got to keep him fresh for NIU...I bet 10 or less carries...still believe this is a spot for taking the Bobcats or sitting it out...

Its a fair point, but I've seen em pulled before or sitting out the second half in a similar spot before...Archer can't carry the full load...got to keep him fresh for NIU...I bet 10 or less carries...still believe this is a spot for taking the Bobcats or sitting it out...

Right on, sad to say I'm on Kent-9.5. Snap judgement, and that may be my failure.

First bet is...Iowa State...Love that freshman QB, not sure that WVa defense is much better than what he saw from Kansas...Big white guy Iowa State WR is back as well and he's a playmaker...Iowa State at home..think they win SU

Add: Iowa State +1 for 1 unit

:prayer

I don't weather bet very often, but it MIGHT be a great spot for it Friday night in Cincy. 7Pm kick...could be low 30s and dreaded wintry mix...S Florida will get rolled if they have to play in that. Not sure what the SFla/Miami/FSU/Fla/Fla Intl/Fla Atl record is in cold weather but it can't be good. Just don't get a chance to bet it very often. Adding to my lean list

Have fun in the shoe bro. Jealous.

I would take Kent getting anything in a heartbeat. I'm hoping Kent plays close this wknd. And get better value.

Have fun in the shoe bro. Jealous.

I would take Kent getting anything in a heartbeat. I'm hoping Kent plays close this wknd. And get better value.

So you would take Kent pick em vs. NIU...I don't know about that one. Hopefully, I don't have to find out what I would do in that situation...I think Las Vegas Sports Consultants will rate NIU as a moderate fav...we will see...I think OU can hang around Friday...

Just saw #32 for Buffalo is questionable for Friday...if he can't go then no reason to bet Bulls...bet would be BG or UNDER or sit out...

Absolutely. Golden Flashes are the real deaL. Defense, turnovers, good run game, efficient qb. Love em.

Thanks Silk...

Finally got a 3 to show up...taking OSU--too much on the line to come up short vs. a Michigan team that has not been impressive to me.
I think OSU's running game will have success against Michigan and I wouldn't be surprised it it's more traditional plays than zone read Braxton on the edge stuff...defense seems to be coming together espcially at LB which was AWFUL earlier in the year...

Play: Ohio State Buckeyes -3 for 2 units (-115)

I had to wait all season to see you make a bad bet. Ohio State is a notch below Michigan. They are at home, have the best player on the field and a great coach so they could win but I think you finally made a really bad bet.

Appreciate your MAC football and basketball knowledge and good luck this weekend.

I had to wait all season to see you make a bad bet. Ohio State is a notch below Michigan. They are at home, have the best player on the field and a great coach so they could win but I think you finally made a really bad bet.

Appreciate your MAC football and basketball knowledge and good luck this weekend.

Good luck to you as well. I appreciate the compliment intermingled in your comment...I bet USC a few times this year so I know I've made some bad bets...I also bet ON Army once...it was vs. EMU but still...
So we agree I have the better coach, a LOUD home crowd (for once) and the best player on the field...
Well, at risk of emphasizing the obvious I like the QB match-up alot. Devin Gardner couldn't beat out Denard and now he's some great QB...I don't think so.

I'm not sure what Michigan does better than OSU, they don't run the ball better, don't pass better, dont score more, dont run stop better, dont pressure the QB better...you could argue that Michigan stops the pass better.
#1 in pass defense OK...lets look at the murderer's row of passing teams they faced...
Bama #78
AF #117
UMass #100
ND #79
Purdue #67
Illinois #105
Mich St #69
Nebraska #75
MInn #102
NW #106
Iowa #97

Pass eff defense OSU is 28, Michigan 30. They might stop the pass better but it's kind of a paper tiger at this point....not saying OSU is a great passing team, just saying Mich isn't some great pass D team with lock down corners.

This is OSU's Super Bowl. I will lay the 3 against a team that I think is inferior in most, if not all phases.

ADD: Ball St -6.5 for 1 unit (-120)...No Wenning but so what? Ball State will chew up Miami on the ground and the back-up looked capable--5th yr senior

Actually have to go into work soon so I put some more in--

ADD:
Cincy -13.5 for 1 unit...didnt want it to go to 14...
Temperature expected in the low 30s tonight in Cincy, no rain...Still think this is a horrible spot for S Fla coming off Canes game...traveling to Cincy for cold weather game...Cincy much better and SFla may just stand by the heaters all game...wouldnt be surprised by a serious asskicking

Marshall +7 for half unit...Too many here for such a dynamic offense...they will play in the 50s no problem

Iowa St--another half unit at +1.5

Ga Tech +14.5 for half unit

Red Raiders +3.5 for 1 unit (-115)

For some reason, I can't get to the top of this thread to add my plays in the card in the first window...I assume the mods are aware of this problem....So I'm going have my card right here--if I add I will try to put them here

Friday Card:
Ball State -6.5 for 1 unit (-120)

Iowa State +1 for 1 unit, +1.5 for half unit
Marshall +7 for half unit
Marshall TT over 32 for 1 unit (-115)

Cincy -13.5 for 1 unit

Saturday Card:
Texas Tech +3.5 for 1 unit (-115)
Florida State -6.5 for 1 unit (-125)

Clemson -3 for 1.5 units (-130)
ND -4 for 1 unit
San Jose St. -3 for half unit (-115)

Last edited:
For some reason, I can't get to the top of this thread to add my plays in the card in the first window...I assume the mods are aware of this problem....So I'm going have my card right here--if I add I will try to put them here

Friday Card:
Ball State -6.5 for 1 unit (-120)
Iowa State +1 for 1 unit, +1.5 for half unit
Marshall +7 for half unit
Cincy -13.5 for 1 unit

Saturday Card:
Texas Tech +3.5 for 1 unit (-115)

Wish U the Best on them All Mars

Wish U the Best on them All Mars

Thanks Hound...

Marshall this year has scored 34, 52, 24, 54, 41, 38, 59, 17 (UCF), 38, 31,44...facing No. 91 pass defense today in ECU...ECU given up 48 to SCar, 40 to UCF, 35 UAB, 56 Navy...

I think Marshall will get to more than 32...

ADD:
Marshall Over 32 points for 1 unit (-115)

He's entitled to his opinion. They will play the game and we will find out if its a good bet...

So I went over to Union Cemetery last night about 1AM and stopped by Woody's grave. His headstone had a big pile of Buckeyes on it and a book of prose by Emerson (Woody's favorite writer) on it. I sat and talked to him for a little while and told him about the game today. I'm pretty sure he thinks the Buckeyes are going to win.

I would love to sit around and see if these spreads drop today but I'm heading off to The Game and can't be bothered with such trivial concerns...So I just had to bet them now and eat more juice than I'd like...

ADD:

Free Shoes U. -6.5 for 1 unit (-125)

Clemson -3 for 1.5 units (-130)

I hope we get a classic game in the Horseshoe today.
I consider The Team Up North to be a worthy adversary and I appreciate its real fans such as Hunt and others who love this rivalry as much as I do.
Ohio State will be tested today and I can only hope they answer the call as true champions.
Go Bucks!

I love this rivalry. Been to Bo's grave a few times too. Not a lot of people understand this rivalry and imo its the best in sports hands down.

You were right and I was wrong.

hoke-vi.gif

I don't get it ....

[TABLE="class: mod-data mod-pbp"]
<THEAD>[TR="class: team-color-strip"]
[TH="colspan: 3, align: left"]Michigan at 15:00[/TH]
[TH]MICH[/TH]
[TH]OSU[/TH]
[/TR]
</THEAD><TBODY>[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="colspan: 2"]1st and 10 at MICH 25[/TD]
[TD]Vincent Smith rush for 6 yards to the Mich 31.[/TD]
[TD="class: bi, align: center"]21[/TD]
[TD="class: bi, align: center"]20[/TD]
[/TR]
</TBODY><TBODY>[TR="class: even"]
[TD="colspan: 2"]2nd and 4 at MICH 31[/TD]
[TD]Devin Gardner pass complete to Jeremy Gallon for 10 yards to the Mich 41 for a 1ST down.[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
</TBODY><TBODY>[TR="class: odd"]
[TD="colspan: 2"]1st and 10 at MICH 41[/TD]
[TD]Thomas Rawls rush for 1 yard to the Mich 42.[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]2nd and 9 at MICH 42[/TD]
[TD]Denard Robinson rush for 6 yards to the Mich 48.[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]3rd and 3 at MICH 48[/TD]
[TD]Thomas Rawls rush for no gain to the Mich 48.[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]4th and 3 at MICH 48[/TD]
[TD]Timeout MICHIGAN, clock 12:00.[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
[TD="colspan: 2"]4th and 3 at MICH 48[/TD]
[TD]Denard Robinson rush for a loss of 2 yards to the Mich 46.[/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[TD] [/TD]
[/TR]
</TBODY><THEAD>[TR="class: colhead"]
[TH="colspan: 5"]DRIVE TOTALS: MICHIGAN drive: 6 plays 21 yards, 03:06 MICHIGAN DOWNS[/TH]
[/TR]
</THEAD><THEAD>[TR="class: team-color-strip"]
[TH="colspan: 3, align: left"]
Ohio State at 11:54[/TH]
[/TR]
</THEAD>[/TABLE]

Back