Baseball bitching thread

inZane

Loving Life on Planet Earth
I know with these late inning shenanigans, we've all been there. Just thought I'd start a thread for those of us who don't see what goes on in each individual game, because it seems like I've really been getting hosed lately.

Case in point. Yesterday I had under 8* in the White Sox/Toronto game. It's 2-0 going into the 7th, with a final of 7-2. Had under 8* in the TB/Yanks game. Diaz hits a three run HR with two outs the bottom of the eighth to make a 7-2 final.

Today I had under 7 in the TB/Yanks game. 3-1 in the ninth after a lengthy delay. NY gets 4 in the ninth for another loser.

:angrybaseball:

Blows my mind how teams can’t get a runner home from 3rd with less than 2 outs. Been saying it all year. That and closers/bullpens are sooo bad

Agree with jimbo. Most frustrating for me will always be the DPs I seem to always get with 1st 2 on, bases loaded 1 out or 1st and 3rd

Agree with jimbo. Most frustrating for me will always be the DPs I seem to always get with 1st 2 on, bases loaded 1 out or 1st and 3rd

DPs I can almost live with. I’m talking strike outs or little pop ups. Drives me crazy

Same concept though. No reason not to get runs home. It’s homerun or bust it seems. Haven’t seen a 2 out hit to score runs in forever it seems

I'll participate! My pet peeves:

1. When a pitcher allows a home run on an 0-2 count
2. Not plating a leadoff double when you're down by 1 run (Brew I'm looking at you last night)
3. Anyone getting thrown out at third base
4. When a passed ball/wild pitch bounces back 180° DIRECTLY BACK INTO the catcher's glove off the backstop like it never happened
5. Umpire's gaping strike zone/hitter indifference on a 3-0 count
6. A 3-0 count that turns into 3-2 after two pitches

And then I guess the opposite of all these (depending on which side of the coin you're holding).

But it is crazy how just one error in the game, "giving" a team just one more out to work with in an inning, can subsequently turn an 0-1 pitchers' duel into a 7-1 blowout in the blink of an eye.

Which is also why this thread could have just as easily been "Why I love baseball so much." Depending on how you choose to look at it. I respect baseball more than any other sport on the planet, live to cap it, and am so thankful for the infinite possibilities that occur - no matter what, when any two teams take the field, in every single game of the season. And I thank gambling for making even the shittiest of games interesting to me thank you play ball

Alright, I took the Giants -130 and under 7*.

But after the top of that first inning, I've made some adjustments.

SF + 2* runs, and over 10.

More 9th inning bullshit that cost me.

I had under 9* in the LA/Cinci game. The score was 5-0 heading into the top of the ninth.

Final score, 8-3...

:curse:

Well at least it wasn't the 9th inning, but the result was the same.

Under Wash/Mets 7*, humming along at 2-1 going into the 8th.

Final 6-4.

Another addition; had the Yanks -1* and under 8*. NY is up 4-1 going into the 8th, final 6-5...

:pissed:

Last edited:
Well at least it wasn't the 9th inning, but the result was the same.

Under Wash/Mets 7*, humming along at 2-1 going into the 8th.

Final 6-4.

Another addition; had the Yanks -1* and under 8*. NY is up 4-1 going into the 8th, final 6-5...

:pissed:

Was just looking for this thread. Had wash all 4 nights and gave up every game in the 8th or 9th. Then just had Detroit. Up 2-0 into 9th and give up 5 on top of 9. Sick

You’re right. May need to look into first halves. There goes another blown save and loss in the 9th. 3 in a row for me. Sick

And the beat goes on, Cinci with two in the ninth and the Chubs choke again...

:moneyoutofhand:

Some new ones to add today, so far.

Had under 8* in the Blue Jays, 7-1 in the bottom of the 8th, the Jays add 3 for a 10-1 loser.
Under in the Rays 8*, 5-0 bottom of the 8th, final 6-3.
Under 8* in the Brewers, sitting at 7-1 since the 6th, Milwaukee puts up a two spot in the 8th.
Over in the Mets 7*, was 4-3 in the 4th, scoreless the rest of the game...

:digin:

Here's a different kind of bitch.

I'm watching the Rockies game and between the 7th inning they wanted to honor a Major Strand from the US Army. He was deployed three times to Iraq/Afghanistan, and was awarded the Combat Infantry Badge for actions taken under enemy fire. For his actions, "Texas Roadhouse is pleased to award Major Strand a free steak dinner once a month for a year in appreciation for his service."

Cheap fukks...

Here's a different kind of bitch.

I'm watching the Rockies game and between the 7th inning they wanted to honor a Major Strand from the US Army. He was deployed three times to Iraq/Afghanistan, and was awarded the Combat Infantry Badge for actions taken under enemy fire. For his actions, "Texas Roadhouse is pleased to award Major Strand a free steak dinner once a month for a year in appreciation for his service."

Cheap fukks...

Sickens me how everything gets commercialized in this country. Everything needs a corporate sponsor and they‘re the judge of value. All that sacrifice for this country is worth a steak a month for a year huh? Fuck those bastards!

For the amount of air time they got out of that in front of that many people, they at least oughta give the guy a free steak dinner a month for life...

I've had quite a few hosings since my last post, but yesterday was a classic;

1) Had under 9 in the Miami/Phils. The Phils get one in the 8th and one in the 9th for a 6-4 final.
2) Took San Diego -140. The Bucs get 3 in the 9th to tie, SD gets 3 in the 10th, and the Bucs get 4 for the win.
3) Had over 8* in the Cubs, final 5-3.
4) Had over 11* in Texas, final 7-4.
5) Under 9 in the LA/Colo game, the Dodgers hit a 3 run walk-off homer for the push.
6) My favorite; had a larger than normal play on the under 9* in the Angels/Cards. LA is up 2-0 going into the 9th, they both exchange 4 runs each for a 6-4 final...

What really blows is the week before I had my best week of the season, and I thought I finally knew wtf I was doing.

I gave all of that back and then some...

I've had quite a few hosings since my last post, but yesterday was a classic;

1) Had under 9 in the Miami/Phils. The Phils get one in the 8th and one in the 9th for a 6-4 final.
6) My favorite; had a larger than normal play on the under 9* in the Angels/Cards. LA is up 2-0 going into the 9th, they both exchange 4 runs each for a 6-4 final...

Tough luck bro, I had overs in both PHI and SL...had even tuned off TV last night before the runs in 9th to go over

Point being, anytime you get screwd, someone is getting lucky or vice versa

How about. Framber this season has an ERA of 7.36 pitching at night. Well maybe if he gets enough practice

Fuck bullpens. Betting full game is like betting a team without knowing the starting pitcher. Its the same level of uncertainty that nobody wants. Prolly best to assume that the manager will put in a crap reliever or the same reliever multiple games in a row against the same team (like Naught and I experienced last year in a game we still refuse to talk about lol) So I pretty much always only go 1H. Only exception if there are some trends or classic betting spot

Last edited:
Many years ago the Astros played at NY. Hugh started for the Astros. After 9 innings the score was 0-0
The moron sent out the WORST possible pitcher. The Astros had a huge edge in bullpen. The worst possible gave up a few runs and NY won.
Yesterday made that look like nothing

Lol. Bet the Yanks game under 9 live tonight. It’s 3-2 headed to the bottom of the 8th. Judge up with 2 outs and hits a 2 run HR to make it 4-3. They then proceed to score 4 more fucking runs with 2 outs and make it 8-3. You literally can’t make that shit up, what a fucking joke.

Last edited:
Back