Bama's Bye This Week

Frank Costanza

Co-Inventor of the Man's Bra
Sorta of, at least. They historically play a patsy the week prior to the Iron Bowl, as with this Saturday (Mercer). And Bama historically lays a huge # and doesn't often cover. One of you kind gents researched this game's line / results over the last 5 to 7 years when I brought the subject up last month. I can't seem to find the info.

If you could re-post I'd appreciate it.

I wonder if the line movement will go in Bama's favor considering how bad they looked on Saturday. I'd like to see public money pour on Bama here

2015 Charleston Southern 56-6 (-40.5)
2014 Western Carolina 48-14 (-50.5)
2013 Chattanooga 49-0 (-49.0)
2012 Western Carolina 49-0 (-55.0)
2011 Georgia Southern 45-21 (-43.0)
2010 Georgia State 63-7 (-44.0)
2009 Chattanooga 45-0 (-48.5)
2008 **Did not schedule a Alabama/SEC Fall Practice Game**

Thanks.

2016 -

Plus
2016 Chattanooga 31-3 (48.5)

I would think Tua gets quite a bit of work and that Nick will try out some other LBs after watching Holcombe's failings vs. Miss St.

I mentioned it in the other thread about this, but so far this year when Tua goes in, there isn't the usual conservatism on play calling like there usually is when a backup enters with a big lead. And if we field just freshmen at the skill spots, it's: Tua, Najee Harris, and a couple of bad ass WR. But, given our injury list right now, I'd expect this to be a game that Nick wants to get up 21 points and then try to get to the lockeroom as quickly as possible

The point spread on the Alabama-Auburn game moved seven points over the weekend in Las Vegas, upping the intrigue on the always-meaningful Iron Bowl.

The Crimson Tide are currently a 3-point favorite over the Tigers at the Westgate SuperBook. Alabama visits Auburn on Nov. 25.

For the past three weeks, Alabama had been a 10-point favorite over the Tigers at the Westgate. But Saturday had a major impact on the line, dropping it seven points.

Auburn was impressive in a 40-17 rout of No. 1 Georgia, the largest win over a team ranked No. 1 in the College Football Playoff rankings to date. The previous four losses by top-ranked teams in the CFP rankings were by a combined 21 points, according to ESPN Stats & Information.

Alabama, playing with a depleted defense, survived its sternest test in a 31-24 win at Mississippi State. The Crimson Tide trailed 24-17 in the fourth quarter before quarterback Jalen Hurts led two late scoring drives and threw the winning touchdown to DeVonta Smith with 25 seconds to play.

The Crimson Tide have lost four linebackers to injuries this season. Shaun Dion Hamilton, Christian Miller and Terrell Lewis are out for the season, and Mack Wilson is out 4-6 weeks with a foot injury suffered in early November.

Left guard Ross Pierschbacher suffered a high-ankle sprain against Mississippi State and is expected to miss 2-4 weeks, according to ESPN's Alex Scarborough.

ESPN

Rumors are that Miller has been practicing since LSU week and that he may be available for the AU game. Not that this matters for the topic of this thread. Also thought the line played better when Pierschbacher went out, though it could be because he had been playing hurt

Let's all remember the last time the Media/Public was thinking Saban and Bama were done. 2015 when UGA was rolling and Bama goes into UGA as a +3 and won 38-10.

Let's all remember the last time the Media/Public was thinking Saban and Bama were done. 2015 when UGA was rolling and Bama goes into UGA as a +3 and won 38-10.

Wow -- that's news to me. Not the score of the Georgia game, but the notion that people thought Saban and Bama were done is astonishing.

Wow -- that's news to me. Not the score of the Georgia game, but the notion that people thought Saban and Bama were done is astonishing.
Mispoke- not being done or out of it, but being dogged really in any sort of way after what they have done. I liken it to the rare times you see the Pats as a dog at home and the public off them like last year after some of the bad games.

I can't wait for Iron Bowl, will be interesting to see if Bama tuneup provides any answers at LB position for Iron Bowl. Slow ass Holcombe better be special teams only....

Holcomb isn’t that slow, is actually one of the fastest players on the baseball team. But he definitely played slow against State. He hasn’t played a ton of mike LB this season, was primarily a sub at Will. Add in that he had to make the calls last week, and the result was no surprise. Hope that this week provides him with confidence so he can play faster. He also has a shoulder injury that will require surgery after the season, so that probably plays a role too

Back