Back for more punishment

Marsski

MAC Marvel
7-16, gross.

Last seen here dishing out losers...

Kent v. Ohio U....

Big game for the Bobcattians as they would be in the driver's seat in the East with a win.

Word out of Athens is that they will be making the switch at QB to Maxwell who really played much better in last week's loss vs EMU than Windham.

Kent has an anemic offense that turned to converted WR Nick Holley to play QB out of desperation in the Wagon Wheel vs. Akron. They lost 31-27, and since then beat Buffalo 44-21 and lost to Miami last week 18-14. They only passed 11x vs. Buffalo and 13x vs Miami so obviously they will want to play ball control and run the wildcat.
Doubtful that's going to work on Frank's bunch who stuffed the run last week but couldn't stop the pass vs. EMU. I am doubting that Holley will be able to pick them apart.

Bobcats have a number of backs to pound you with and with some better QB play should be able to put up some points on Kent especially once they wear they down as I see Bobcats controlling the ball. Sebastian Smith has been a beast outside to try and stop. I think we may see a better effort from the OU coaches as Frank called out his geriatric crew this week for some lackluster play calling vs EMU. Out of character to hear that from Frank, but I think he knows the MAC East is there for the taking...

If you look at the Bobcats schedule you will see they have a road trip to Toledo looming next Friday so I think they know how bad they need this one especially after last week's defeat.

Weather should be good tomorrow which would help the superior Bobcats athletes. Home crowd should be minimal with most of NE Ohio out buying Indians T-shirts and more interested in "scouting" the Cubs-Dodgers game...

Gimme Ohio U -3 for 1 unit (bought half -125)

Card goes here:
Ohio U. -3 for 1 unit -125
Wisky -3 for 1 unit
Mizzou -6.5 for 1 unit
Mizzou 2H -6 for half unit
Oklahoma -14 for 1 unit (-125)

Last edited:
Not going to act like I know a whole bunch about MTSU, but I do know they lost a deflating game of the year last week to the Hilltoppers. Now, they head to Mizzou to take on the Tigers.

Look at Mizzou's record and they seem like a team to me that takes care of business against inferior teams having pasted up EMU by 40 and destroyed Delaware State, but really can't handle big boy football. Kind of like a horse that can't hang @ Keeneland, but send them on down to Mountaineer and they win by 15 lengths.

This week, they aren't running at Keeneland--MTSU let Vandy throw up 47 on them.

Mizzou -6.5 for 1 unit

Watched Wisconsin last week and came away very impressed with their physicality at the point of attack. I really haven't seen anyone come close to doing as good of a job blocking the Buckeyes. Defensively, they really took away the speed run from Ohio State and only allowed some inside stuff.
I also thought their freshman QB was component enough until they needed him to go out and win the game.

It could be a flat spot for the Badgers but I think we get a team much better in the trenches than Iowa. This is a big game in the West and I think we see a great effort out of Bucky. I like them to pull away on Iowa...

Wisky -3 for 1 unit

Just read Holley is ? for Saturday. If he can't go, Kent runs Bollas out there at QB and he has been plain awful.

I think I'm taking Ohio. Believe I really like BG as well. BG has had 3 close losses, 1 possession losses the last 3 weeks compared to blowouts they faced prior.

While Miami was pesky earlier in the season they seem to have hit a lull. The D is still kind of MAC good/average, but the O is downright awful...kind of like where the BG O used to be. But this Morgan kid at QB for Falcons is going to be something. There has been marked improvement in his game 3 straight weeks and last week vs Toledo he really broke out with a huge outing! Got to be cautious with the young kid can be a bit of gunslinger high risk/high reward.

Sure the comeback win for Miami vs Kent might be a shot on the arm for this one, but I think that the close loss to Toledo is an equal shot in the arm with the kids finally seeing a light at the end of the long deep tunnel they've fallen into this year.

We know that BG will go for it on 4th down a bunch...30x on the year! 63% conversion rate! They don't kick FGs there, so hopefully we don't need to rely on a chip shot for the win/cover.

Coach is taking a playoff mentality if they can win the next 5 they are 6-6 and bowl eligible. I like that thinking here in a winnable game rather than next week when they play a tougher (but also bad) NIU team. I mean I think this inspiring, rally the troops, let's make our bowl game goal mentality may have a short shelf life and it may only work in this game.

It may be an ugly game with some ugly teams...but that is what betting MAC football is about right!?!?

good luck Mars. Grateful for your MAC insight. Thanks for making the effort to post here. Without quality posters this place is worthless to people.

I think I'm taking Ohio. Believe I really like BG as well. BG has had 3 close losses, 1 possession losses the last 3 weeks compared to blowouts they faced prior.

While Miami was pesky earlier in the season they seem to have hit a lull. The D is still kind of MAC good/average, but the O is downright awful...kind of like where the BG O used to be. But this Morgan kid at QB for Falcons is going to be something. There has been marked improvement in his game 3 straight weeks and last week vs Toledo he really broke out with a huge outing! Got to be cautious with the young kid can be a bit of gunslinger high risk/high reward.

Sure the comeback win for Miami vs Kent might be a shot on the arm for this one, but I think that the close loss to Toledo is an equal shot in the arm with the kids finally seeing a light at the end of the long deep tunnel they've fallen into this year.

We know that BG will go for it on 4th down a bunch...30x on the year! 63% conversion rate! They don't kick FGs there, so hopefully we don't need to rely on a chip shot for the win/cover.

Coach is taking a playoff mentality if they can win the next 5 they are 6-6 and bowl eligible. I like that thinking here in a winnable game rather than next week when they play a tougher (but also bad) NIU team. I mean I think this inspiring, rally the troops, let's make our bowl game goal mentality may have a short shelf life and it may only work in this game.

It may be an ugly game with some ugly teams...but that is what betting MAC football is about right!?!?

Yeah, I leaned BG but just couldn't pull the trigger on it...They won the MAC last year, they aren't as terrible as they have looked and Morgan has given them a spark for sure.

OU Radio just now: Maxwell is going to be starting...crowd "in the dozens"

Big moment in the Mia - BG game. After Mia tied it 10-10, BG ran the KO back for TD, but holding called put BG at their own 3. Next play backwards pass to RB was dropped and fallen on in EZ for safety. Mia got the ball on KO and went down to score TD, I believe drive was extended with roughing passer as well. Felt like BG D was on the field forever over the course of those 2 drives. 19-10 Redhawks now. BG back in RZ now...

Back