B1G Week Ocho...

And in such an odd twist, unless UM MSU gets a 330 slot Michigan will end year with all noon or night starts. Odd odd stuff.

Fox pumping the noon slot this year and they have killed it in ratings. ND UM gets the night ABC/ESPN slot. The thing is, the 330 slot has just lost its luster. Has there been a big game yet this year at 330??

Nope. It's a tweener time and not attractive anymore.

Not that it’s important but I’ve changed my osu play to a small one. And tbh if it wasn’t a Friday night game and/or my team I prob would pass.

LT Munford is a game time decision. Word is he’s out. Bad back that will last all year but manageable.

Do everything 6th man OL Alabi is out.

Looks like we are starting petit-frier at LT. Former 5*#1/2 OT a couple years ago. Just can’t get on the field.

MLB browning is out. He was a big time recruit out of Texas 2 years ago. Former 5*. He’s been very good this year. Doesn’t start the game, so technically not a starter, but he plays the most.

My initial thought was Day, coming out off a bye, and heading into wisky, would want to keep the starters in longer to get a flow going. But I now think he may pull them, esp the OL, once the win is known.

just FYI with the injuries.

Maybe Buckeyes 1st half is better play?
Saw some stat that Buckeyes outscores their opponent by a very wide margin in the 2nd quarter of all their games this year. They seem to feel out the 1st quarter and then adjusted in the 2nd quarter.

Fox is really assfucking the fans and the B1G by putting their best games on at noon. It works for Fox's bottom line to "own the noon spot" but screws up literally everyone else involved in these games...players, fans, recruits. I'm glad PSU/mich wound up getting the primetime slot and will get the attention it deserves. I'm excited to watch. Nothing beats a white out at night. Next week Fox is putting the conf game of the year Wisky/OSU at noon which is just flat out criminal.

I understand your point of view but for casual fan it pretty cool having big game right out the gates!!! Beats the hell out of all the morning games on espn over the years with that awful voiced know nothing chick doing the broadcast! Lol

Going back to Friday night Big Ten football...

The people of Ohio are not happy OSU is on tonight, at all. Obviously Ohio is a huge HS Football state and it is pretty much infringing on that.

The people of Ohio are not happy OSU is on tonight, at all. Obviously Ohio is a huge HS Football state and it is pretty much infringing on that.

Gotta think it really limits the normally very strong osu presence in the stands as well Won’t it? If memory serves me right that a nightmare commute to make Friday afternoon opposed to sat morning, traffic into Chicago being a real bitch!!!

The thing with NOON Fox games is they are trying to establish their Pregame show and that helps IMMENSELY

Can’t say I’ve watched much if any of that, lol, I’m usually running errands sat morning or outside on porch w coffee and ya’ll! Lol

I wonder why OSU agreed to it. Pretty sure mich and PSU told fox to fuck off when it came to the fri night deal.

I wonder why OSU agreed to it. Pretty sure mich and PSU told fox to fuck off when it came to the fri night deal.
Like I said elsewhere this week, Michigan said no. I thought someone else did but PSU just played Maryland earlier this month on a Friday. I honestly had no clue this was a Friday night game till Wednesday. I really would have thought OSU said no for many reasons, but HS football being a big one.

Like I said elsewhere this week, Michigan said no. I thought someone else did but PSU just played Maryland earlier this month on a Friday. I honestly had no clue this was a Friday night game till Wednesday. I really would have thought OSU said no for many reasons, but HS football being a big one.

With the blowback they're getting and the fact this game is now hidden on BTN you have to think that this will be a one and done for OSU on fri night.

Can never trust these schedule makers to do right thing. Don’t they play the playoffs on New Year’s Eve or something redic?

Can never trust these schedule makers to do right thing. Don’t they play the playoffs on New Year’s Eve or something redic?
A few of the years... all depends on when New Years is and also NFL playoffs factor in.

You may be right with the 1st half bet. I haven’t done much of the half and in-game betting. Just don’t have the time. So I’d defer to some of the other guys here.

Maybe Buckeyes 1st half is better play?
Saw some stat that Buckeyes outscores their opponent by a very wide margin in the 2nd quarter of all their games this year. They seem to feel out the 1st quarter and then adjusted in the 2nd quarter.

You may be right with the 1st half bet. I haven’t done much of the half and in-game betting. Just don’t have the time. So I’d defer to some of the other guys here.

I get why Fox is doing the noon thing. Like BAR said they’re killing it in eating for that hour. All about money. I’m not a fan of it though as most aren’t.

3:30 is my fav slot. I’m on the east coast now, but coming from the wrong coast, I mean the left coast, I learned to like that time zone.

I hate the 8:00 time slot. I’m not 21 anymore. In Cali, the prime time game starts at 5:00 and you are out and about by 8:30 already warmed up.

Fox pumping the noon slot this year and they have killed it in ratings. ND UM gets the night ABC/ESPN slot. The thing is, the 330 slot has just lost its luster. Has there been a big game yet this year at 330??

FLA Auburn

Clemson Texas AM

Didn’t think it was up to the teams to not do Friday night games. Thought it was a mandate from Delaney. Perhaps I’m wrong but I’ve heard Purdue and PSU coaches bitch about it prior to games so can’t imagine, if given a choice, they’d accept over Saturday.

I remember that Ohio St and Penn St agreed to it as long as it was for an away game only? They did not want to have the Saturday routine disrupted for home fans. So maybe they underestimated their fan base's overall displeasure, whether it was home or away.

It certainly has been talked about a lot this week. I find it rather funny because Friday night college football games have been going on for what...15 years now. ACC, PAC12, MWC, CUSA....now that it is some of the blue bloods doing it we hear how bad it is. Some high schools play their games on Saturday...never heard an outcry because of that.

We live in the the age where TV networks make the rules. It's corpocracy all around us.

What’s the deal with B10 and day games....just traditional? I ask honestly
Mostly yeah.

I mean, in November, having a night game is not smart just due to the variety of temps that can happen.

As a UM fan, I want one night game at home a year, maybe one on road then all noon/330 starts.

Purdue at 18 is a good play in my opinion.

Wisky 1h is a good play and as Hunt said in his thread, Wisky TSN is worth following for sure.

I think that is it for Noon games...

Want to unload on PSU buying hook now but something just feels funny. Maybe just maybe this is the game.
I know better what is going to happen

It does feel funny.

Clifford vs two good defenses has completed 48% of his passes this year.

But, with Michigan its the offense and I do not trust them not to be so conservative and there is the 'shaky Shea' angle as well.

I know better what is going to happen

It does feel funny.

Clifford vs two good defenses has completed 48% of his passes this year.

But, with Michigan its the offense and I do not trust them not to be so conservative and there is the 'shaky Shea' angle as well.
Optimism a fault of mine. Best I get hammered with M on some of that Peanut Butter Whiskey. Line of scrimmage will be our downfall and of course TOs

I still think PSU wins by 10+

I cannot get over their front vs Shea and young backs.

PSU will have issues at times with Mich D but should fine better opportunities.

0 Michigan turnovers and they can cover. The probability of that though is very low (no turnovers)

Back