B1G Week Ocho...

B.A.R.

CTG Partner
Staff member
Absolutely disgusted...

I just lost my entire draft. I was literally on the last thought. One of those days...so now we are getting a real shortened version...

Last Week

Wisky dominated and Coan is for real.

Michigan State quit? Maybe

Michigan and Illinois thoughts later today with PSU/UM write-up

Minnesota gets better every week

Indiana took care of business. That 15 play 10 min drive left me salty though to end the game (of course no points)

Rutgers 75 yards, yikes

PSU was the right side but glad I decided to lay off. Anything can happen in that series.

Purdue, wow...

This Week

Northwestern might give OSU some fits early... looking for value....

Maryland and IU should be fun. The Terps need this in drive for a bowl. The Hoosiers need this if they want to get past that level of 'just trying to qualify for a bowl'

Iowa really in a must win

Minnesota has a bye week, kinda

Wisconsin should be ultra conservative getting ready for next week. JT should have 200 by halftime against that rush defense

Random Musings

It's been a pretty good rumor that Dantonio is retiring after the year. With the cupboard bare after this year and abysmal recruiting he knows it will be a sub-.500 year next year. Add in the fact he might have to give the deposition if MSU doesn't settle and it is the end of the road. The comment to the reporter after the game was ridiculous. The thing is, that is one of his 'boys' in the media which is what makes it nuts. Either way, they have 2 weeks to regroup and rally (I believe they beat PSU at home). We'll see how the players respond...they are hurt and a few have lashed out at the fans (all fanbases are bad but the Sparty boards are hard core).

I love me some Penix. This guy is really good and makes them very dangerous on offense. They have 4 winnable games left and I think they pull an upset at PSU or vs Michigan. They have one in them this year.

Coupe quick shoutouts...

Great work @Fondybadger , you called that MSU-Wisky game.

After two weeks @HUNT had identified Wisconsin as championship caliber and moreso Jack Coan as a QB that can take them there

He is kind of shy around the forums but the poster @RetroVK identified that Maryland-Purdue was an over waiting to happen after a few drives. He told me to hit it live but I couldn't find a book dealing it. I appreciate the heads up though... Teamwork makes the dream work.

As always, thank you @s--k for you diligent work on recaps. Those are so valuable and really helps us learn a lot.

Obviously everyone that contributes to this thread weekly with unique perspectives and some fun banter.

Back later today with lengthy UM-PSU thoughts...

On that note, this is about 40% of my previous lost thread but lets get this rolling....

Last edited:
Alright,

Michigan won 42-25 at Illinois last week. This was an interesting game. Michigan came out and simply ran the ball all 5 plays to go up 7-0. On their next drive they ran 6 of their first 7 plays. A stupid play by the FB backed them up which led to a few passes. This was a missed FG. Michigan would score 14 points on their next 5 plays to go up 21-0. The next two drives netted 7 more points and a fumble....5 total completions...

*Why am noting all of this? I just want to obviously point out it was 28-0 with dominant running and 7 completions total. I also need to let you remember that there was a lot of wind. One was a routine completion of medium depth that Bell turned into a 71 yard gain.

So, through almost a half Michigan had established the run and made some simple passes to keep the defense honest. This was a real good game plan because it helped this o-line get back into a rhythm and the backs hit the holes hard. Now, it is Illinois...granted but they needed to build some continuity and get some confidence...

Then the 2nd half happened...

-Lack energy and focus
-Putting the ball on the ground
-Sloppy play overall
-Illinois goes tempo and Michigan can not adjust to that all that well.

End game...

-A very good drive with a mix of QB runs, RB run and crisp throws from the QB
-A 1 yard TD run
-Ballgame

There was plenty of good and plenty of bad...

That is my quick recap... some of this will tie in to my PSU-UM write-up which is my next post...

It was nice to see a RB with some speed out of Michigan, #25 Haskins. I see according to stats he has been playing the last 3 weeks, but I never noticed him playing live.

I see two of Michigan's TDs were off a total of 8 yards of offense (after blk'd punt and fumble recovery).

Before we get to this week's game, you know I just love narratives and how they can be open-ended and twisted around...

I said it the week of Wisconsin... on Tuesday media everywhere started out with it was a 'must win' game for UM/JH. Well, they had a perfect 'out' there. If Wisconsin wins, then they can rain down (and with how unprepared the team was, they had every right) but as I said then if UM had won then it would have been degraded as that the Badgers were not good and had played no one.

Two games ago vs Iowa there wasn't a lot of talk during the week but especially in gameday it was pointed out this was 'the biggest game of JH era' due to the Wisconsin game, the inconsistent nature of this years team and how the regular season ended last year vs IU/OSU. Fair enough...

So, I was waiting for it today. Well, a Michigan guy (who loves to both and hate Michigan in every phase it seems) started with this on Sunday. He is saying this is the defining game of the JH era. Okay, I get that. He needs a big road win against a top tier team. So today I was waiting for it and good ole Petey Finebaum came out and doubled down that UM cannot lose these next two games. So, there is your national narrative. Again, if UM upsets the Nittany Lions the win will get downgraded due to this being Penn States 2nd test. Somehow, someway...lol

Fwiw, I expect Michigan to lose BOTH games. My expectation as of now without some 'changes' is 8-4 this year. This schedule is tough starting this weekend. Okay...enough about that but instead of me answering questions in this thread about it we have put it all out there...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me start here...I had planned on max betting PSU at anything 7 or less. I was going just a step below at 9 or less. I was projecting an opener of 7-9.5 and I think it was 8 or 8.5 CB said. I'll check and edit later...It got bet down and now has been bet back up. I still have not made a play yet...I have time and honestly I keep shying away from pre-game bets because in this day and age I am just not strong at that.

Okay, here is my current take on Michigan...

Shea gets attacked a lot...from his recruitment, to Ole Miss to Michigan. The guy was damn good last year. The numbers don't lie and with what he was told to do he really performed better than many expected. I like Shea and even after a few games this year I was ready to give him a pass due to the injury.

Not anymore. Now, this is not all on him. He has went through several different offenses in his career and I think he has lost a lot of confidence. On the other hand, IMO and many others this offensive group doesn't seem to 'play' for him. In the small spurts JM/DMC have played after the first two games I could see a small pep in the steps of the players, especially JM. This jives with what I was told in August that a freshman on the team who is sees one of my buddies quite a bit said that the players respond better to DMC rather than Shea.

I had a BIG problem last week, at 28-0 or even after that crappy 1st drive in the 2h that they did not let Milton into the game. This kid will be a star, somewhere, and I hope it is here. He needs reps and frankly in what I see as an 8-4 season, I'd rather get him in and let him learn by trial and error. This can apply to Dylan as well when he fully healthy. These guys will run the RPO better, add better legs to the equation and I think would boost the offense. Play for the future...

Obviously, you cannot throw out a first time starter at night in Happy Valley...this blew theior chance IMO.

Okay, my thinking in this game is...

Lemme talk Penn State:

-Nasty defense, especially up front
-Good running game, several options
-Clifford is managing games and any young guy is better at home. I am sure last week helped him grow.
-KJ Hamler, local boy, is just a helluva receiver

Why would scare me for Michigan?

-They are not going to run like last week
-Turnovers, it just doesn't stop
-Shea will have to pass a lot and that is a problem. I expect several sacks and a few turnovers
-On defense, Hamler will be an issue
-Michigan can be run on, we'll see what Brown draws up though
-As always, crossing routes

Coaching...what to expect

-Close game and Franklin will do something stupid. He is a much better coach with comfortable leads
-Harbaugh sticks with ultra-conservative on the road per usual

Now, what could change things for Michigan?

One theory that has popped in my head and was brought up by a buddy of mine this afternoon...What if they have been keeping leash on Shea as far as running to keep him healthy? He ran a lot more last year and it makes him get into a rhythm in my mind. We saw glimpse in the 4th this past week a few times. That is an element this offense should have at all times. It makes a sputtering at times offense look much better.

When it is all said and done...

I think PSU wins something like 31-14. I think that front will cause to much trouble. Michigan will play hard and make some noise on defense but I think PSU forces a few turnovers as well to get some shorter fields. We shall see, this series is a series of blowouts since 2015 with Michigan leading it 3-1.

My mind can definitely change but I don't like this match-up with how Michigan attacks offensively 'currently'. Again, it could be different.

I'll go back over this as the week progresses....

It was nice to see a RB with some speed out of Michigan, #25 Haskins. I see according to stats he has been playing the last 3 weeks, but I never noticed him playing live.
I am a big Haskins fan. He was recruited as LB but they knew he would switch to RB. He gets better and better each week. I loved when he and Milton were in vs Rutgers and he got some quality time in the 1st half last week. The combo of him and Zach is solid. It isn't great but it will get better.

I see two of Michigan's TDs were off a total of 8 yards of offense (after blk'd punt and fumble recovery).
Yeah, a great punt block by Glasgow.

The other one went like this...

28-25 Michigan

Long TD drive

Illinois fumble

Michigan 4 plays SOD at Illinois 12

Michigan strip sack recovers at the 1

TD

42-25 final.

I do have to say, credit to Penn State was convincing them to make this a night game.

Now, they do have a sub-500 record in 'White Outs' but this game was almost set for Noon for the a month or so until a few weeks ago. I know the PSU faithful was not happy about it but they got it.

That makes consecutive 730 starts for Michigan. Gee whiz.

Michigan -10 or so vs psu was one of my biggest bets last season...this game is sort of reminding me of it but with the roles reversed. After a little bit of a slow start, psu is starting to gel more it seems. Thinking psu rolls here...and of course Franklin won’t hesitate to run it up if he can

Michigan -10 or so vs psu was one of my biggest bets last season...this game is sort of reminding me of it but with the roles reversed. After a little bit of a slow start, psu is starting to gel more it seems. Thinking psu rolls here...and of course Franklin won’t hesitate to run it up if he can
I honestly was thinking similar...as far as where the line is/can be... The payback angle etc.

Penn State is 8-0 vs. the spread in its last 8 night games at home. They've covered those spreads by an avg. of 13.3 points and covered the spread by at least 16.5 points in 5 of those 8 games.

We’re so fucked here.

Before we get to this week's game, you know I just love narratives and how they can be open-ended and twisted around...

I said it the week of Wisconsin... on Tuesday media everywhere started out with it was a 'must win' game for UM/JH. Well, they had a perfect 'out' there. If Wisconsin wins, then they can rain down (and with how unprepared the team was, they had every right) but as I said then if UM had won then it would have been degraded as that the Badgers were not good and had played no one.

Two games ago vs Iowa there wasn't a lot of talk during the week but especially in gameday it was pointed out this was 'the biggest game of JH era' due to the Wisconsin game, the inconsistent nature of this years team and how the regular season ended last year vs IU/OSU. Fair enough...

So, I was waiting for it today. Well, a Michigan guy (who loves to both and hate Michigan in every phase it seems) started with this on Sunday. He is saying this is the defining game of the JH era. Okay, I get that. He needs a big road win against a top tier team. So today I was waiting for it and good ole Petey Finebaum came out and doubled down that UM cannot lose these next two games. So, there is your national narrative. Again, if UM upsets the Nittany Lions the win will get downgraded due to this being Penn States 2nd test. Somehow, someway...lol

Fwiw, I expect Michigan to lose BOTH games. My expectation as of now without some 'changes' is 8-4 this year. This schedule is tough starting this weekend. Okay...enough about that but instead of me answering questions in this thread about it we have put it all out there...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Let me start here...I had planned on max betting PSU at anything 7 or less. I was going just a step below at 9 or less. I was projecting an opener of 7-9.5 and I think it was 8 or 8.5 CB said. I'll check and edit later...It got bet down and now has been bet back up. I still have not made a play yet...I have time and honestly I keep shying away from pre-game bets because in this day and age I am just not strong at that.

Okay, here is my current take on Michigan...

Shea gets attacked a lot...from his recruitment, to Ole Miss to Michigan. The guy was damn good last year. The numbers don't lie and with what he was told to do he really performed better than many expected. I like Shea and even after a few games this year I was ready to give him a pass due to the injury.

Not anymore. Now, this is not all on him. He has went through several different offenses in his career and I think he has lost a lot of confidence. On the other hand, IMO and many others this offensive group doesn't seem to 'play' for him. In the small spurts JM/DMC have played after the first two games I could see a small pep in the steps of the players, especially JM. This jives with what I was told in August that a freshman on the team who is sees one of my buddies quite a bit said that the players respond better to DMC rather than Shea.

I had a BIG problem last week, at 28-0 or even after that crappy 1st drive in the 2h that they did not let Milton into the game. This kid will be a star, somewhere, and I hope it is here. He needs reps and frankly in what I see as an 8-4 season, I'd rather get him in and let him learn by trial and error. This can apply to Dylan as well when he fully healthy. These guys will run the RPO better, add better legs to the equation and I think would boost the offense. Play for the future...

Obviously, you cannot throw out a first time starter at night in Happy Valley...this blew theior chance IMO.

Okay, my thinking in this game is...

Lemme talk Penn State:

-Nasty defense, especially up front
-Good running game, several options
-Clifford is managing games and any young guy is better at home. I am sure last week helped him grow.
-KJ Hamler, local boy, is just a helluva receiver

Why would scare me for Michigan?

-They are not going to run like last week
-Turnovers, it just doesn't stop
-Shea will have to pass a lot and that is a problem. I expect several sacks and a few turnovers
-On defense, Hamler will be an issue
-Michigan can be run on, we'll see what Brown draws up though
-As always, crossing routes

Coaching...what to expect

-Close game and Franklin will do something stupid. He is a much better coach with comfortable leads
-Harbaugh sticks with ultra-conservative on the road per usual

Now, what could change things for Michigan?

One theory that has popped in my head and was brought up by a buddy of mine this afternoon...What if they have been keeping leash on Shea as far as running to keep him healthy? He ran a lot more last year and it makes him get into a rhythm in my mind. We saw glimpse in the 4th this past week a few times. That is an element this offense should have at all times. It makes a sputtering at times offense look much better.

When it is all said and done...

I think PSU wins something like 31-14. I think that front will cause to much trouble. Michigan will play hard and make some noise on defense but I think PSU forces a few turnovers as well to get some shorter fields. We shall see, this series is a series of blowouts since 2015 with Michigan leading it 3-1.

My mind can definitely change but I don't like this match-up with how Michigan attacks offensively 'currently'. Again, it could be different.

I'll go back over this as the week progresses....

The TE for PSU may actually be their best player/pro.

Penn State is 8-0 vs. the spread in its last 8 night games at home. They've covered those spreads by an avg. of 13.3 points and covered the spread by at least 16.5 points in 5 of those 8 games.

We’re so fucked here.
I saw that. How the heck are they ,7-8 or 8-9 SU in Whiteouts? Or are some of those during day?

I do have to say, credit to Penn State was convincing them to make this a night game.

Now, they do have a sub-500 record in 'White Outs' but this game was almost set for Noon for the a month or so until a few weeks ago. I know the PSU faithful was not happy about it but they got it.

That makes consecutive 730 starts for Michigan. Gee whiz.

I thought same but then read how networks actually pick this in the Spring/Summer. It’s crazy actually. It’s like a 2 man fantasy snake draft between Fox and ESPN/ABC. Fox had first pick, took OSU Mich game. Then Disney gets to pick. They aren’t actually picking games, they are picking weekends in case the game they are targeting doesn’t turn out to be premier matchup.

This game would be at noon if Fox picked the weekend but Disney did, therefore it’s 7:30. So Fox took OU WV as second choice at noon. They actually have certain amount of days to pick the actual game and time slot prior to that weekend, like 11-14.

I’ll try to find article, it was an interesting read.

I saw that. How the heck are they ,7-8 or 8-9 SU in Whiteouts? Or are some of those during day?

Think some were day when they weren’t that great during sanctions, Paterno years late maybe. I know one was at noon when Barkley was freshman and we beat them pretty good.

FWIW, I see it like you BAR. I’ll be pleased if it stays within 14. People are so fucking stupid too, there’s no shame in losing on the road in CFB in extremely hostile environments to good teams. This game won’t define Jimmy. But he has an excellent opportunity to completely change the narrative with no one expecting shit. Even keeping this one close will go a long way for many

Lol how could I forget in Boston at a bar for that one. Though A-Rob (OLSM) balled out and we stunk anyway. Gardner wearing 99 still gives me nightmares.

Check that, think that was 2013. Ortiz hits homer to me in RF at Fenway the next night too as Torii back flips over wall. What a time

Check that, think that was 2013. Ortiz hits homer to me in RF at Fenway the next night too as Torii back flips over wall. What a time
I thought Robinson was 2014?

Yes, 2013 was that infamous ALCS

The anniversary of that game was in last few days because they showed it during one of the games.

Also we had to hear last weekend that the last duo to pitch b2b games for one team with no hits into the sixth inning before Anibal/Max....was also Anibal and Max in 2013 (Great trivia question).

Fox is really assfucking the fans and the B1G by putting their best games on at noon. It works for Fox's bottom line to "own the noon spot" but screws up literally everyone else involved in these games...players, fans, recruits. I'm glad PSU/mich wound up getting the primetime slot and will get the attention it deserves. I'm excited to watch. Nothing beats a white out at night. Next week Fox is putting the conf game of the year Wisky/OSU at noon which is just flat out criminal.

As for the actual game...isn't this just an alternating thing where the home team beats the visiting team's brains each year? And then runs up the score to get 'revenge' for the previous year?

That sums up my highly complex and comprehensive handicapping strategy for this one:).

As for the actual game...isn't this just an alternating thing where the home team beats the visiting team's brains each year? And then runs up the score to get 'revenge' for the previous year?

That sums up my highly complex and comprehensive handicapping strategy for this one:).
Basically that's the last 3 years in a nutshell.

What makes you guys think that Penn State will be able to score on the Michigan defense. I agree that its unlikely that Michigan will move the ball much but I don't see the Penn State offense being any good either.

This game feels like a 13-10 type of snoozefest with each team punting it all night. The only way I see a blowout is if one of the teams turns it over a ton. To me this is an evenly matched game featuring two stout defenses and equally inept offenses.

What makes you guys think that Penn State will be able to score on the Michigan defense. I agree that its unlikely that Michigan will move the ball much but I don't see the Penn State offense being any good either.

This game feels like a 13-10 type of snoozefest with each team punting it all night. The only way I see a blowout is if one of the teams turns it over a ton. To me this is an evenly matched game featuring two stout defenses and equally inept offenses.

Honestly, I was more impressed with PSU offense from Iowa game than I was prior. After the first couple series they moved the ball really well and effeciently against a pretty stout defense in a very tough environment. They scored 3 tds in one drive and had to settle for a FG as one was a horrendous overtun of obvious TD and other two were on penalties. They have weapons, their o line did well and they have a back who can move the chains. I doubt they'll find it more challenging this week having been through last week and on the comforts of their HF. I know some may have been garbage but Illinois put up 25 on Michigan last week, Army put up high 20s, Wisconsin, ugh.. The M defense isnt as good as last year and have proven to be exposed by better offensive teams, specifically on the road.

The anniversary of that game was in last few days because they showed it during one of the games.

Also we had to hear last weekend that the last duo to pitch b2b games for one team with no hits into the sixth inning before Anibal/Max....was also Anibal and Max in 2013 (Great trivia question).

Robinson also 2013, balling out and them winning in 2OT was night before Ortiz shattered me too. Never forget. Also, Brady threw game winner at home vs Saints that Sunday. Epic time.

Man I still don’t know how the Red Sox won the WS that year. Such a mediocre roster compared to the tigs

Well, one team sure likes to turn it over this year...

Man I still don’t know how the Red Sox won the WS that year. Such a mediocre roster compared to the tigs
And as we watch multiple ex Tigers from that team having postseason success the last several years we always look back at that as the lost championship. So in the ALCS I was taking my now wife (first year dating) to a hockey game the night of Game 3. So we had a room downtown and she said "let's go to both" with a 4:07 first pitch at Comerica..I was all in ..I just bought some SOR tickets and we went. That was the 1-0 game and once the Boston pen came in it was over. I almost got into it with a Fondy sized Boston fan too so we excited before the 9th (sacrilegious)... No one was hitting Uhearu(sp) that year and if you look at the composite boxscore it tells ya what killed that Tigers team...their own bullpen.

They were dead until Ortiz did that. Dead!! They couldnt score, their fans were eating Chowda drinking Sam's just bitching the entire game. Then boooom, sweet caroline, touching me, touching you, chaos. Tigers melt rest of series.

Lol, I doubt that is true but if so pulling a page from OSU's playbook back in the day.

Didn't they put this game on a Friday night for the sole purpose of getting increased exposure? What a clusterfuck.
Well, this is the whole Big Ten pushing Friday night games. I know Michigan said 'nope' to it and I thought another school did too. But yup, they should of thought about it for during MLB playoffs. Also, this is akin to in last few years they had MLB games on at 1pm eastern on Regular Fox that routinely went 4+ hours and cut into their 4pm CFB slot in the month of September.

I’m on osu minus whatever.

You have to keep riding Day. All the talk about the SEC getting 2 teams in and ridiculous talk about 3 (less now that uga got beat) imo keeps Day looking for style points. Additionally, osu has a ton of players playing for draft slots...albeit higher draft positions or deciding to return for another year. Dobbins, is gone. But is it 2nd round or 5th? Arnette is gone. 3rd or 6th? Munford? Wade? Etc. The only guys that have guaranteed draft slots are Okudah and young. The others are playing for higher slots or, as in Wades case, coming back?

NW has only rushed for an ave a 4+ ypc once this year. That was vs unlv. Hunter Johnson has been awful. So, who starts for them at qb? I can’t see them getting more than 10. I can’t see us less than low 40’s.

I’m on psu. Had this at -6/7. At this # I am at a large play. -8-10 reg play. –11-12 wont play. Just no value as I see a 14ish pt psu win. I don’t see how mich scores. Their D is vastly overrated based off of Rutgers, Iowa, and Illinois (they’ve been given a pass because they “shut it down.”). Listened to a podcast this morning that I normally listen to and mich is (around) 80th in O even with playing 3 D’s in the 100’s. Sheas qbr is like 68th even with playing those D’s. My <hot take> is Gattis will be affected more by the environment than the players. He’s been an utter failure to date so how can you bet on that? I can’t.

These are my 2 b10 plays this week.

So where does the PSU line go...back down toward 7 or above 10?

I didn’t play the opener hoping it would get to 7 but perhaps that ship has sailed.

I'll talk a bit more on this tonight. My quoted was just my initial main take

I’m on osu minus whatever.

You have to keep riding Day. All the talk about the SEC getting 2 teams in and ridiculous talk about 3 (less now that uga got beat) imo keeps Day looking for style points. Additionally, osu has a ton of players playing for draft slots...albeit higher draft positions or deciding to return for another year. Dobbins, is gone. But is it 2nd round or 5th? Arnette is gone. 3rd or 6th? Munford? Wade? Etc. The only guys that have guaranteed draft slots are Okudah and young. The others are playing for higher slots or, as in Wades case, coming back?

NW has only rushed for an ave a 4+ ypc once this year. That was vs unlv. Hunter Johnson has been awful. So, who starts for them at qb? I can’t see them getting more than 10. I can’t see us less than low 40’s.

I’m on psu. Had this at -6/7. At this # I am at a large play. -8-10 reg play. –11-12 wont play. Just no value as I see a 14ish pt psu win. I don’t see how mich scores. Their D is vastly overrated based off of Rutgers, Iowa, and Illinois (they’ve been given a pass because they “shut it down.”). Listened to a podcast this morning that I normally listen to and mich is (around) 80th in O even with playing 3 D’s in the 100’s. Sheas qbr is like 68th even with playing those D’s. My <hot take> is Gattis will be affected more by the environment than the players. He’s been an utter failure to date so how can you bet on that? I can’t.

These are my 2 b10 plays this week.

Gattis also former Franklin bestie. Fired some shots at PSU staff since his departure, sour grapes when Franklin chose current OC over him so he split (can’t blame him). Anyway, Gattis runs offense he learned from Moorhead at PSU. He’s just not running it as well. Another advantage to Penn St, doubt they’re fooled at all I’m afraid.

So where does the PSU line go...back down toward 7 or above 10?

I didn’t play the opener hoping it would get to 7 but perhaps that ship has sailed.
That's a good question. I feel like we'll see buyback at some point but not to 7..

I didn't realize it was quite as unpopular of a take as it seems to be, but I love the "best game in the early slot" thing. And that's coming from someone where those games kick off at 9 am! But it's great to me to have some potentially top-notch games right out of the gate rather than competing for attention in the 4:30/5 (Pacific) slot.

You Michigan fellas have talked me off the Wolverines. First glance I wanted to grab them at +7.5 so wasn't expecting to see +9. I think my problem is that I've seen zero of Penn State the last few weeks and my impression of them is heavily influenced from watching the Buffalo and Pitt games in full. Based on that, the informed decision I can make is to pass and see how it plays out.

I think I'll be a full blown pass on Big Ten this week. Was wrapped up in NFL Sunday and missed openers as I had interest in Indiana at 3 or better and Wisconsin at 27 or better, but missed my shot at either.

Not that it’s important but I’ve changed my osu play to a small one. And tbh if it wasn’t a Friday night game and/or my team I prob would pass.

LT Munford is a game time decision. Word is he’s out. Bad back that will last all year but manageable.

Do everything 6th man OL Alabi is out.

Looks like we are starting petit-frier at LT. Former 5*#1/2 OT a couple years ago. Just can’t get on the field.

MLB browning is out. He was a big time recruit out of Texas 2 years ago. Former 5*. He’s been very good this year. Doesn’t start the game, so technically not a starter, but he plays the most.

My initial thought was Day, coming out off a bye, and heading into wisky, would want to keep the starters in longer to get a flow going. But I now think he may pull them, esp the OL, once the win is known.

just FYI with the injuries.

Injury stuff from Purdue yesterday....

Brohm on Jared Sparks: "Jared Sparks will be a game-time decision. We will see how he feels."

Brohm on Anthony Watts: "Anthony has come along very fast. So if he's able to play, it'll be close to a miracle. He’s gotta chance, so we’ll see how he feels come Saturday morning."

Brohm on Cornel Jones: "I know he’s out for the game. Unfortunatly he’s injured and we're gonna try to get him back as fast as we can."

Brohm on Kenneth Major: "Kenneth has had some issues and missed some practice. He also will be a game-time decision. I would guess he's probable. But he has missed some practice time for sure."

Brohm on if we could see Richie Worship play at Iowa: "Yes, I think we will. He’s been able to practice. He’s probably not at the level that Richie was before. But you never know. I think if he keeps working at it, he can keep getting better. But hopefully we get him in there some."

Brohm on if Rondale Moore will play at Iowa: "No."

Brohm on Kieran Douglas and Branson Deen: "They are out."

I see Wisconsin / Ohio State has already been set for a noon kick. I'm probably late to the game on this.

Ugh, hate to see this. Was hoping for a night kick.
Fox pumping the noon slot this year and they have killed it in ratings. ND UM gets the night ABC/ESPN slot. The thing is, the 330 slot has just lost its luster. Has there been a big game yet this year at 330??

Back