B1G Week 9 Thread

Oh man I just went to yahoo and the main headline is about Corn Pops....Michigan big

Bro, Kandy Korn is some nast ass shit..no joke.
What's funny is I honestly can't tell you another day of the year I see it anyway but it rains abundant on Halloween...I mean no one I know even discusses that crap except it's a hot topic on 10/31

Jewell back. Snyder still out (had a pick-six vs ILL).

Iowa will get its defensive anchor back against Minnesota, as LB Josey Jewell will return to the field after missing last week’s game against Northwestern. Hawkeyes coach Kirk Ferentz announced the news at his Tuesday press conference.

“We expect Josey to play,” Ferentz told reporters. “He has practiced the last two days.”

Ferentz explained that he told Jewell he wanted him to sit out one game so he could remain healthy for the stretch run. “I didn’t expect him to accept it or like it,” the coach said.

Jewell missed the Northwestern game with a right shoulder injury he suffered in Iowa’s win over Illinois in Week 6. He was listed as a starter on Iowa’s depth chart, released Monday.

LB Ben Niemann, who played middle linebacker in Jewell’s absence:

“We are definitely happy we’ll probably have Josey back this week. I know we are a better defense with him on the field for sure. ”

Ferentz added that safety Brandon Snyder will not play and RB James Butler is unlikely to play on Saturday.

I know it’s Rutgers, but I think Mich has trouble getting into the 30s and Mich D should be too good for Rutgers. This suggests Under but I ( not being a totals guy) don’t know what the number is. If I play a side it will be Rutgers.

Purdue-Nebraska a likely pass. Need more study time, which I don’t have. SOP I would play the dog.

Agree Maryland. Hoosiers overdue for a downer.

I don’t spend much time on big point games. Pass on Wisky

Iowa-Minnesota. No clue

Like NW. Sparty luck due to vanish.

I also am terrible on high profile games. Having stated that caveat, bull the dog lover casts a weak vote for the visiting underdogs.
All the above are ATS, although I do like Md and NW to win.

First time ever, 4-0 today in the B1G.
Rutgers, NW , Penn State, and Maryland. No play on other three.
I appreciate all the help I receive on this fine forum. :cheers3:

I liked it!!

A couple games for him to get more comfortable before Wisky and OSU. Michigan O has life!!

Yup, more tomorrow or Monday but the big concern now is injuries that have piled up on offense...

Crazy day, somewhat, in the conference...some excitement for once.

Fox set MSU PSU for noon next week. Be interesting how hungover lions are with early start

Fox set MSU PSU for noon next week. Be interesting how hungover lions are with early start

This is true, but remember what you've been saying about MSU and facing a team that can pass it? I'd like to see MSU get them, but think it will be difficult for them unless Penn St is feeling sorry for themselves.

I assume the game today FINALLY ended the silly S Barkley for heisman talk. 21 carries for 44 yards .. .36 of which came on one run. 20 carries for 8 yards on the others ... haha ridiculously bad. Unbelievably bad in the game they needed him the most.

I assume the game today FINALLY ended the silly S Barkley for heisman talk. 21 carries for 44 yards .. .36 of which came on one run. 20 carries for 8 yards on the others ... haha ridiculously bad. Unbelievably bad in the game they needed him the most.

Two touchdowns.

I was telling Hunt...I think that what gets me with him is I'd rather they just labeled him 'all-purpose' to start the year instead of 'runningback'. He is not a running back.

The masses seemed shocked by his rushing numbers yesterday and called it one of his worst games. That, essentially, is our media nowadays. This is nothing new for him... 33 for 58....15 for 51....17 for 49...this is what he does in the running game. He is brilliant in the open field and they put him in great positions to make plays. Great all-around guy, very exciting.

As far as Heisman talk.... Love sits out. Now, I think that game showed how important he is to that team but again, he is not on any national radar.

I'd almost say that J.T. has to be up there now. After that OU game, things looked meager. Like I say, even though it is Ohio State, I respect the heck outta that dude. In his 8 years at OSU, he has been through it all it seems.

JT has one good game on the big stage and people gush over him. I find it absurd. I credit the play-calling and route-running a billion times more than Barrett. He hardly had to make difficult throws because guys were getting wide open against PSU's zone coverage. Look at what he did in the Oklahoma game when (as I recall) receivers weren't getting wide open. Nothing.

Barkley still very alive, but his O-line probably cost him the trophy that I'm shocked people still care about. Again, he gets so many negative plays because a. his o line is average at best b. he gets every handoff 7 yards behind the line of scrimmage, usually a guy in his face before he gets back to the LOS

I went back and looked at his freshman tape, yeah the offense was bad but he ran out of I and pro sets. He was just fine running through holes inside, breaking amazing tackles, jumping over people etc. He is a great running back who they just so happened to put at KR this year because he is an absolute freak and look what he's doing on that. In the pro offense at OSU as a freshman he ran for 194 yards!! I'll be glad to see him gone next year.

Too bad for him his coach is a moron who cost them the game by taking his foot off the gas too soon, just like the Rose Bowl. PSU will never win a Natty with that bozo's game management skills. Great game hit the side and the in game ML on OSU, you could feel it the entire game they would come back. If they get their LT back this week I will pound them against Sparty as I think they will be out for blood. But they don't block well and lost 97 at DE for the year which puts them down two at the position now.

Michigan played Peters! Finally! Anything to give this offense a shot in the arm. I didn't see the game as I had the kiddos sub Halloween party but that news made my day. Just keep getting ready for next year and raise hell for OSU in our Super Bowl.

Too bad Sparty lost, they are what they are, a team right in the middle of the conference with the NW's Indianas etc.

Wispy did nothing to impress, just get a bye into the B1G ship again. Must be nice to live so right and be so privileged. That said I can see them beating an exhausted IU team by 50 this week. Oh wait its IU, they play basically everyone down to the wire only to lose in so many different ways.

I see this year playing out like this.....OSU losing a second game somewhere and PSU winning out and tables reversed from last year as PSU gets in playoff and OSU gets put out...well maybe. But I think PSU wins out they have a pretty damn good shot at still making playoff. Next year is the year for M so I'll need something to root for and CUM losing is about as good as it gets.

Back