• PICK CLUB WEEK #1 LINES ARE POSTED!

B1G Week 8

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Penn State @ Ohio State
Line: OSU -4.5
O/U: 47.5
$214 pretty low to maybe see a great game.

Rutgers @ Indiana
Line: RUTG -5.0
O/U: 42.5
$15 bucks to get in, I have an obsession with this years Rutgers team because I cannot figure out who they are yet.

Minnesota @ Iowa
Line: IOWA -5.5
O/U: 32.5
$53 bucks lowest price. My god, Iowa fans love their team, that's for sure. Wait, they are ranked 25th? WTF.

Wisconsin @ Illinois
Line: WIS -3.5
O/U: 43.5
$22 bucks to figure these teams out, I can't.

Northwestern @ Nebraska
Line: NEB -13.5
O/U: 44
$22 to see a Nebraska home victory.

Michigan @ Michigan State
Line: MICH -24.5
O/U: 48
$90 to see the SPARTAN SUPER BOWL

Fire away.

Penn State @ Ohio State
Line: OSU -4.5
O/U: 47.5
$214 pretty low to maybe see a great game.

Rutgers @ Indiana
Line: RUTG -5.0
O/U: 42.5
$15 bucks to get in, I have an obsession with this years Rutgers team because I cannot figure out who they are yet.

Minnesota @ Iowa
Line: IOWA -5.5
O/U: 32.5
$53 bucks lowest price. My god, Iowa fans love their team, that's for sure. Wait, they are ranked 25th? WTF.

Wisconsin @ Illinois
Line: WIS -3.5
O/U: 43.5
$22 bucks to figure these teams out, I can't.

Northwestern @ Nebraska
Line: NEB -13.5
O/U: 44
$22 to see a Nebraska home victory.

Michigan @ Michigan State
Line: MICH -24.5
O/U: 48
$90 to see the SPARTAN SUPER BOWL

Fire away.
Bro, Iowa will not play a ranked team until the Big Ten Champ game.

That won't change either. This slate of opponents will not be ranked at any point.

Think about this...

Iowa is the favorite in the West now to make the champ game. They probably do not meet the Brian Ferentz point bonus while doing this.

Only Iowa...

Michigan fans wanted Iowa in Indy. They'll have their chance if they win out.

That won't change either. This slate of opponents will not be ranked at any point.

Think about this...

Iowa is the favorite in the West now to make the champ game. They probably do not meet the Brian Ferentz point bonus while doing this.

Only Iowa...

Unbelievable isn't it?

A lot of fun in the comments section.

Obviously variables to this.

These two are ranked next to each other in SOS entering last week (UM and PSU).

Both have had garbage time 4ths. Michigan does pull starters earlier.

I would say the offenses that PSU have faced are REALLY bad. The UM ones aren't good, but not as bad.

This is what makes this Saturday in Columbus so intriguing!!

I'd love to see this through 3 quarters.

Penn State is allowing the fewest yards per game in the country, and it’s not particularly close.The Nittany Lions are giving up 40 fewer yards per contest than Michigan, the next best team, and have a very good argument to be the best defense in college football this season
The offenses Penn State has faced are horrific. No, they don't have a good argument to be the best defense in college football.

This isn't to bag on Caleb.

Moreso to show what JJ has become.

He'll have 3 showcase games in November.

His stats won't ever get him a Heisman. He's a team guy. He's asked for Tuttle to get possessions while other QBs have been throwing in the 4th.

Just a really good QB.

Reactions: KJ

Think about this...

Only Iowa...

I don’t believe in Penn St at all. Soft schedule. I do not consider Iowa a good win. Good teams do not get held to 4 first downs and under 15 minutes of time of possession. Penn St. is executing on a high level against their opponents but this is Ohio St.

My final point (and the reason for this is they have covered 12-0-1 the last 13). At home last season Penn St. was +15 to Ohio St. no way in heck Ohio st has fallen so much or Penn st has improved that much.

In my opinion Ohio st is discounted.

Last edited:
My guess would be that harbaugh wants to go scorched earth here
Possibly.

With Mel gone, I think the chance is lessened.

Mel's sideline antics last year during this game (many witnesses) about injury Corum, JJ etc were obviously out of bounds.

Harlon is a good dude. I can't see any animosity there.

Dantoni being on the sidelines actually might be motivating though.

My guess would be that harbaugh wants to go scorched earth here
Question for me is what the score needs to be to get the backups in. Health is going to be massive for UM with November on the horizon. They already shorten the game with how they play as is, if they play the same way once backups come on I could see this being a nice game to bet under live, at least the 2nd half likely.

I don’t believe in Penn St at all. Soft schedule. I do not consider Iowa a good win. Good teams do not get held to 4 first downs and under 15 minutes of time of possession. Penn St. is executing on a high level against their opponents but this is Ohio St.

My final point (and the reason for this is they have covered 12-0-1 the last 13). At home last season Penn St. was +15 to Ohio St. no way in heck Ohio st has fallen so much or Penn st has improved that much.

In my opinion Ohio st us discounted.
What is the 12-0-1 ATS referring to?

Ohio St should not be able to run the ball against Lions defense. McCord needs to beat them thru the air. Penn St needs to harass McCord like ND did to Caleb. Otherwise Harrison jr and company will win this. McCord was pretty accurate vs Purdue. He has to be bothered.

Penn St offense will have issues if Knowles defense sits on the line of scrimage, and it will. Lions have absolutely no deep threat. But Lions could bust it with big runs like Michigan did last yr. Maybe.

Buckeyes have injury issues, Top 3 RB's all banged up. CB Burke left the game last week. So that matters.

What is the 12-0-1 ATS referring to?
Penn States last 13 ats results. Look at their supreme opponents. After the loss to MICH last season, every game covered and 1 push

I am assuming A lot of people riding this train until the wheels fall off. Just auto play. Consensus is high on PNST and for good reason. Well its trust based upon recent history and results.

Well if going on history I trust Ohio State laying a small amount of points when all they have to do is win by 5 points. Penn State's long history shows nothing of the sort. Penn St. doesn't win many games at the Shoe, maybe this could be one but I don't trust that. If Penn state does win that would be 13-0-1 ATS and would most certainly elevate the lines maker would adjust going forward. This is a long term opportunity if Penn State can accomplish this one.

If I can give one example of a team regression it would be Stanford they were doing Penn St. like things a few seasons ago.

-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-

I will post a it more about this game in my thread so I don't clog this thread up.

Last edited:
Harbaugh mentioned on his radio show that MSU has the best 3rd down defense in the country?

Penn States last 13 ats results. Look at their supreme opponents. After the loss to MICH last season, every game covered and 1 push

I am assuming A lot of people riding this train until the wheels fall off. Just auto play. Consensus is high on PNST and for good reason. Well its trust based upon recent history and results.

Well if going on history I trust Ohio State laying a small amount of points when all they have to do is win by 5 points. Penn State's long history shows nothing of the sort. Penn St. doesn't win many games at the Shoe, maybe this could be one but I don't trust that. If Penn state does win that would be 13-0-1 ATS and would most certainly elevate the lines maker would adjust going forward. This is a long term opportunity if Penn State can accomplish this one.

If I can give one example of a team regression it would be Stanford they were doing Penn St. like things a few seasons ago.

-==-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-==-

I will post a it more about this game in my thread so I don't clog this thread up.
I ran the same query earlier, since that's what I thought you were talking about -- and the results were very different. I must have had a typo or something.

Yes.

team=OHST and o:coach = James Franklin and WP - o:WP < 15
I’m not sure I get a hold of that query a lot of those lines are double digits and the ones that aren’t are still Ohio state wins. I believe in Ohio state this week and fading Penn state in this week and going forward for a while. This is not a lock or a multi unit play and I bet 90% or more on dogs. When I bet favorites most of the time I don’t feel comfortable in CFB. We will see.

oh state - psu under

Did illinois all the sudden get good ? ......overeaction much line - this line would of been 10 last week.......wisconsins backup looked competent , kinda of seeing wisconsin all day here

oh state - psu under

Did illinois all the sudden get good ? ......overeaction much line - this line would of been 10 last week.......wisconsins backup looked competent , kinda of seeing wisconsin all day here
This-- regarding Illinois

Alright, day late and a dollar short. The story of my life...

With that being said, let us talk football...

Ohiio State took care of business against somewhat of a nemesis this century in West Lafayette. This wasn't close at all. My only real take here is that Mockabee ran the ball 'okay' with 18-110. There was a long of 21. I am simply using that for caping the last half of the season here. Otherwise, business trip.

Oh Sparty, why? How? I cannot even describe this game. They had an 18 point lead AND THE BALL --- in the 4th!! I do want to point out, MSU only had 245 yards in this game. That includes a pretty nice drive to start the game 7 nothing. With that being said, the defense was really good and made plays! Terrible loss leading up to playing their Supr Bowl. I honestly feel bad for these kids that have underwent all of this crap. Sure, there a few punks on that squad but overall they aren't unlikeable like many previous editions. On the flip, lucky ass win for Rutgers. You take those and run!

Wisconsin put up 6 points at home. Yes, this is Iowa, but that is just bad. I missed this2h and that safety cost me a 2h under tt. Boo. I didn't realize Wisky played 2 QBs. We talked last week that you need a clean sheet to bet Wisky -9 and sure enough, that didn't happen... bottom line...

Illinois won at Maryland. The Terps off the Ohio State game let a 'letdown' happen. Inexcusable. Unless they can upset PSU or UM, this season is a big disappointment in College Park.

Now, let us talk about the 2-time defending champions, the Michigan Wolverines... what a weird start on Saturday. The defensive secondary again with some tactical errors. They need to stop 'making adjustments' and 'correcting errors'. The good teams down the stretch will take better advantage of that. JJ was great, again. He hit on 14 of his last 15 throws. Remember Ben Hall's name for the next few years. Rush defense was excellent, again. This was one of those games that they didn't have it all, and scored 50+ again. Good lord. No matter the competition, this is a good team. What I do like? They aren't even close to peaking, thankfully.

Next post, we talk PSU and OSU...

The best game in college football this week is the Big Noon game featuring Penn State visiting Ohio State.

Simply put, this is the first of 3 HUGE games that most likely determine the East division representative in Indianapolis.

This, no doubt, is the toughest situation young stud Drew Allar has faced.

Let us take away the Ohio State comeback in South Bend -- neither team has played anyone of substance.

There are unknown's here...

I think the OSU defense is improved. They let WKU score very early, but otherwise have been very good on defense. The 3rd quarter deficit vs Maryland wasn't too bad. ND isn't exactly creative on offense, but that is still very good talent.

I don't know how good PSU is on defense. This schedule unfortunately does not help me. I believe they are solid, but I would assume these numbers are off a bit.

PSU runs the ball very well. That we knew coming in.

I am an Allar fan, but the 6.9 ypp is concerning. They'll need to extend this defense a bit to open running holes. Notre Dame DID run the ball pretty well vs the Bucks. Mockibee last week, seems to have as well.

The Ohio State running game hasn't been championship level. Some of that is injuries, some of that is an average OL.

This game really could come down to the QB's. McCord seems to be growing, but he's more of a pre-pryor type of OSU QB instead of these modern guys. Allar, great talent but this is his first time in a huge situation.

I think we see a lot of running and ball control here. This has a feel of an old-style Big Ten game. No, not like Iowa-Wisconsin but one where you have to value possessions.

I don't see the value in 46.5, but if this game starts with some quick scores I'll likely be stalking a 'live' under.

My inclination as of now, is that OSU wins this. I'll say something like 24-19 as of now.

Before we get to MSU and Michigan...

We need to talk about what was an elephant in the room until last week's win in Madison.

Iowa has a legit shot at making the 4-team playoff.

Iowa's lone loss was in Happy Valley, at night.

They have 0 division losses.

Their schedule is, as follows...

Minnesota
@Northwestern
Rutgers
Illinois
@Nebraska

Minnesota has not been good, and is battling injuries.

Northwestern is horrible.

Rutgers couldn't do much of anything vs a good defense last week, now in Iowa City??

Illinois, despite last week's win, not goood.

Nebraska may have to save us all!!

And, even if Nebraska is the loss they incur, they still win the conference championship due to tiebreaker with Wisky!!

Simply put, we need Iowa to LOSE, TWICE by the end of the regular season. We do not want to even give them a chance of an upset in Indy. Could you imagine the drama with selection committee having to take a 1 loss B16 CHAMPIONSHIP team whose one loss was to a top 10 team?

This would be a fitting conclusion to this current system.

The Michigan State Super Bowl -- Womp Womp Womp Edition

Current line : 24-48

Well, here we are. This basically is the last dance for this Spartan squad this year. They still have Ohio State and Penn State and sit at 4 losses. They'll need to win out and steal a game versus a top 10 team to become bowl eligible. None of that matters though, if they win this week. This would rank higher than a Big Ten Championship, and always has...

The game is at night...

The weather could be interesting...

Basically, this is n gimmie.

Or is it?

We talked earlier in the thread about the MSU defense being the best in the country on 3rd down defense. We talked before the season about the Spartans strength being the front 7. That is ringing true. They have two blowout losses so far, score-wise, and those were to easily the best QB's they have faced. You beat this team through the air, just as you have the entire Tucker era.

On the other hand, Michigan State STRUGGLES on offense. No matter your thoughts on the UM schedule, they have a pretty good defense. How will Sparty score??

Here are some MSU offensive numbers:

#107 in country in ppg -- 22
Averaging 14 ppg their last 4 games
MSU QB's 8 tuddy's/7 picks
MSU RB's 7 tuddys/6 fumbles
#109 in country at 3.6 ypa on offense

I could give you the flip on UM's, but you know those are good. The one interesting thing here -- Michigan has yet to defend a snap inside the 10 yard line!

Motivation here is definitely Michigan. They have been ticked off about the assaults for almost year now + Mel's unsavory words on the sidelines during the game. That doesn't change with no MEL. I think Jim seeing Dantoni over there on the sideline could help with a late score? I don't know. As I said earlier in the thread -- Harlon is a good guy, and I don't think Jim wants to rub anything in on him. They are contemporaries from their playing days as well.

We'll see. I don't think UM has tried to run it up the last few weeks, sometimes things happen.

I hope Michigan stays with what they have done this year, and taken advantage of the passing game when they needed too. MSU will give them trouble on the ground early on. I think playing pass to set up run sets up a beautiful evening in East Landing.

Oh, speaking of venue. This will be Big House North. The UM fabs have been gobbling these up heavily the last several weeks. At one point, the MSU radio guys in Detroit (yes, Detroit talk radio is big time MSU) were calling for some wild stuff this summer in retaliation (which is the funny part -- since Michigan should be the ones retaliating). Anyways, my pure guess from what I have read is we'll see maybe a 2/3 and 1/3 ratio?

As of tonight, think this one is tight early on. I do expect some trick plays that Dantoni cooks up for them. Michigan takes control in the 2q and steps on it in the 3rd.

40-13.

Definitely will be stalking over 'live' here (last week was a great live over and I was able to benefit with IU up 7-0).

I'll be interested in JJ props, just curious what the numbers are.

I'll do my thing late tomorrow night.

Wisconsin seems like a good spot, as of now.
I need to look into this Wisconsin QB situation first.

We have limited data on the new QB with Mordecai having surgery.

Illinois in the bottom half of country, giving up 164 rush yards a game

They give up 4.2 per carry.

Wisconsin will rely on the run, more than ever.

Michigan state d is solid sometimes. Turnovers and short fields kill them which make the scores look worse.

Should he a weird color scheme this weekend.

Sparty apparently going with all blacks?

Michigan blue pants.

The Harbaugh vs NCAA game?
More the players to be honest.

Their upset, as they should be on a witch hunt.

The MSU statement about potentially forfeiting a game due to player safety was the funniest thing I've ever heard. Like, LOFL funny. They seemingly forgot that their thugs assaulted players one year ago next week, right?

Add in, MSU just won't score that much. Why? Their offense is just brutal as stated before.

Revised prediction is 45-13

Yes, I think the over is very much in play (have all week).

As far as the "allegations" ... This was something that was known back during the Rutgers game. Someone on a private board has posted about it following Shiano's HT interview. Their is definitely a coordinated effort by a few coaches here (more on that later).

We know how media is now day -- look at national news and politics -- it's disturbing. This reeks the same. Some of these quotes in articles are hilarious and show to this being a coordinated effort upon the release. There is so much bad info on these articles. Good lordy.

Anyways, the NCAA said they were releasing information yesterday evening. They did not. No shocker. Innocent till proven guilty has been thrown out the window in today's society (this paragraph is more a rant on society today -- not the actual situation). I have personal theories -- I'll wait on those. One of my biggest things the last 3-4 years is to "let the dust settle" on anything in life. We are a quick response society now. Everything is real time with no actual thought put into it. Everyone wants to be first, rather than correct.

I guess they released a name. I believe he's actually from my hometown. Military man, JHs favorites. Great read on him here.

One thing to remember when reading all the news stories... The NCAA has zero subpoena power. This isn't a legal matter. The "confiscate" term used this morning by Dinich or whoever was reckless. Shocker, right?

Now, to that point, Michigan is the biggest pussies when it comes to the NCAA. Remember stretch-gate? This whole cheeseburger thing as well? Every SEC school, OSU, Kansas etc all tell the NCAA to pound sand. I doubt Mich does here. Likely the NCAA finds some random violation on this computer Mich turned in hehe.

Anyways, blowout tomorrow. Still looking at the rest of the card in conference...

Back around 10pm talk more.

Two more points

The NCAA obviously has a hard-on for JH. They have for years. He's created so much change and a lot of that they do not like. This is an organization that likely is obsolete sooner rather than later. There are a few rank members of the organization with very anti Jim ties as well.

On the other end, Day has been in contact with the NCAA over many miniscule things since the "born on 3rd base" comment. This isn't my personal opinion, fwiw. This is fact. I guess what he should worry about more is developing his players to be tougher after the absolute ass kickings he's received the last two years (94-50 combined) PLUS what will coming his way on November 25th. He asked for it. He'll get it.

Pussy.

Love this BAR and also hit Michigan at 24........something tells me that Harbaugh is very, very aware that the UW beat MSU 41-7 and that a 17 point win by UM will look very poor in comparison.........I think they get a 30+ point win here and make it look very easy

More the players to be honest.

Their upset, as they should be on a witch hunt.

The MSU statement about potentially forfeiting a game due to player safety was the funniest thing I've ever heard. Like, LOFL funny. They seemingly forgot that their thugs assaulted players one year ago next week, right?

Add in, MSU just won't score that much. Why? Their offense is just brutal as stated before.

Revised prediction is 45-13

Yes, I think the over is very much in play (have all week).

As far as the "allegations" ... This was something that was known back during the Rutgers game. Someone on a private board has posted about it following Shiano's HT interview. Their is definitely a coordinated effort by a few coaches here (more on that later).

We know how media is now day -- look at national news and politics -- it's disturbing. This reeks the same. Some of these quotes in articles are hilarious and show to this being a coordinated effort upon the release. There is so much bad info on these articles. Good lordy.

Anyways, the NCAA said they were releasing information yesterday evening. They did not. No shocker. Innocent till proven guilty has been thrown out the window in today's society (this paragraph is more a rant on society today -- not the actual situation). I have personal theories -- I'll wait on those. One of my biggest things the last 3-4 years is to "let the dust settle" on anything in life. We are a quick response society now. Everything is real time with no actual thought put into it. Everyone wants to be first, rather than correct.

I guess they released a name. I believe he's actually from my hometown. Military man, JHs favorites. Great read on him here.

One thing to remember when reading all the news stories... The NCAA has zero subpoena power. This isn't a legal matter. The "confiscate" term used this morning by Dinich or whoever was reckless. Shocker, right?

Now, to that point, Michigan is the biggest pussies when it comes to the NCAA. Remember stretch-gate? This whole cheeseburger thing as well? Every SEC school, OSU, Kansas etc all tell the NCAA to pound sand. I doubt Mich does here. Likely the NCAA finds some random violation on this computer Mich turned in hehe.

Anyways, blowout tomorrow. Still looking at the rest of the card in conference...

Back around 10pm talk more.

I love it, but you and I know crazy tends to happen in East Lansing with this game. I love that you're firing away saying fuck it.

I need to look into this Wisconsin QB situation first.

We have limited data on the new QB with Mordecai having surgery.

Illinois in the bottom half of country, giving up 164 rush yards a game

They give up 4.2 per carry.

Wisconsin will rely on the run, more than ever.
i thought the backup looked good - mordecai wasn't doing any better...wisconsin will lose legs and qb runs with locke, but i think he might be a better passer - transfer from miss state, his arm appears impressive to my naked eye

qb i think wisconsin still has the better of the 2 teams - obviously wisconsin has been rather fraudulent on the season as a whole themselves, but still a step above illinois - whose first sign of life last week was against an also fraudulent maryland.

common opponent purdue - advantage wisconsin - i just can't fatham getting Owned by nebraska and then all of a sudden being good - Im confident wisconsin is better then nebraska.

Back