B1G Week 8....

Sounds like the ADs are meeting tomorrow and can just change the 6-game minimum.

Surprisingly, Day wants it reviewed.

Heard a rumor Ohio STate is going to play Minnesota? Don't even tell me Big Ten is pulling a game out from under Nebraska.

Heard a rumor Ohio STate is going to play Minnesota? Don't even tell me Big Ten is pulling a game out from under Nebraska.
I haven't heard that one.

I thought Minny was still having issues with Corona?

Quick look back at last week...

We cleaned up on that OSU-MSU game...

Iowa was a good HT play for a few I know...

Wisconsin is not good, but in the same token...IU is a very solid team and they definitely felt disrespected I think. Whether this is an asterisk year or not, they have beaten UM,PSU and UW all in the same year. Kudos.

This week...

I think we just have to let the dust settle and see who is playing and who isn't. Indiana just paused activities about an hour ago...

I honestly cannot keep up in full of who is and isn't practicing...

Michigan was most likely not playing all along. The numbers were on the line all weekend and got worse as the week started. The light practice on Monday may have been for show, but also just to get some instruction in for the sake of 'in case we play'. As I said, not many schools managed Covid better and they were going to have an outbreak (and, a bigger one since less immunity) at some point.

The AD's meet every Wednesday morning... I'd expect some weirdness tomorrow ... the school to feel bad for is Indiana... they have followed protocol and could have a championship game pulled out from underneath them. With that being said, just have OSU play one of the other schools this week in conference without an opponent and everything takes care of itself, right?

We'll get into matchups later as we get some more clarity.

Next week should be an absolute cluster****

I haven't heard that one.

I thought Minny was still having issues with Corona?

It came from an OSU alumn, said "inside info". I asked who is Nebraska playing then. I don't think they realized Min was supposed to play Nebraska.

Unsubstantiated rumor that was passed on to me, which I probably shouldn't have even posted here.

In thinking about it, what is the word? Trolling? First time I have ever used this word so forgive me if not in the proper context, but the creation of said rumor was likely an attempt to troll Nebraska since the Big Ten hasn't given them any breaks. Sure, why not pull a game to give it to the darling of the conference. Sorry Nebraska SOL again. That may've been the basis behind that one. I personally see no reason why Minny playing Ohio State makes sense. Seems like everybody and anybody has their own choice on who OSU should be playing this week.

No Brainer for me for entertainment purposes. Osu favored by dd over both imo. Let's be realistic here.

Who would you rather have in the cfp. Texas am/Cincinnati or Ohio state?
Me?

I think Cincinnati is a heck of a team. I'd love to see them have a chance to make their case.

I'm happy OSU because if I get the right matchup, I'm gonna absolutely unload in the playoffs...

Me?

I think Cincinnati is a heck of a team. I'd love to see them have a chance to make their case.

I'm happy OSU because if I get the right matchup, I'm gonna absolutely unload in the playoffs...

Just a general question.

The weird thing is ND and Clemson could possibly play 3x this year.
I've said it a few times but no matter how committee has these teams ranked if Clemson wins next week they'll bump osu to #3 and ND to #4 to avoid that as a semifinal (3rd meeting)

I've said it a few times but no matter how committee has these teams ranked if Clemson wins next week they'll bump osu to #3 and ND to #4 to avoid that as a semifinal (3rd meeting)

They could play in the championship.

Is the Big Ten still playing multiple games next week or us all that off?

Back