B1G week 6

Nothing much else to say about the instate battle tomorrow night...

I have warned before and will warn again...

Watch your numbers with this MSU team for good and bad. Lets say the score is 31-10 late in the game...they will try their hardest to get a TD and then go for 2 to make the score look better. It doesn't matter if you should do it or not.

Last years game was 30-10 in the 4th quarter....two late TD's...made it 30-23...and MSU went for 2...(I get that there was 1 second left and it was impossible to get the onside and advance it)...this year in the ND game..same thing...went for 2...down 38-16...

The basis there is to think of that in any possible spread, total, 2nd half, live play... basically there is a small chance you could win or lose a bet because of it...

The weather will be watched all day. It sucks. I mean it is great it will be a beautiful and warm night to start but rain and wind play havoc with many things.

I can read about Michigan will do this and do that differently on offense but I need to see it first. It is amazing how much more bland they have gotten in each season under this regime and as the season has progressed.

Nothing injury-wise that is being hidden that I know of...

Line hasn't moved much...I still feel I'll wake up to some sort of movement..we shall see...

Should be a fun night U.T.L....

Small card for me tomorrow...overall...tracking a few games during day then will be gone for this game all night so taking it sleazy.

TTY in the A.M.

One last thing...is more than anything...what trick play or two will MSU have up their sleeves? I am very curious for that.

Darrell Stewart is the guy that worries me the most. He has been a pleasant surprise for them this year...

Lets say the score is 31-10 late in the game...they will try their hardest to get a TD and then go for 2 to make the score look better. It doesn't matter if you should do it or not.

And if you know Sparty fans in real life, this fits exactly with their make up in life.

Lets say the score is 31-10 late in the game...they will try their hardest to get a TD and then go for 2 to make the score look better. It doesn't matter if you should do it or not.

And if you know Sparty fans in real life, this fits exactly with their make up in life.

Yeah, cuz it's weird, there are no Sparties up here :angrybaseball:

Newest forecast has the rain coming moreso at 10-11 pm...

so 4th quarter...

Winds 15-20 either way...

That's the difference Reno, with a ball 'n chain you gotta schedule...jfc I don't miss that

If not for the rain, I would recommend a play on UM tt over 25...good value here...

I still think they get there but I am going to wait till literally the last possible min to decide...

I like 25.5, I like 26...I like 26.5...FWIW.

Newest prediction is the storms start at 10:15....

Getting closer to just having to deal with wind for majority of the game.

I realize the conditions were bad but some of the Michigan dropped passes were really bad second half. The msu defensive backs had no problems catching it. Wolverine defense completely dominated the second half of the game but the offense could not only not capitalize but they turned it over so that you couldn't get the field position advantages of the three and outs they were creating.

From a fan of the sport perspective it was nice to see a game played in conditions. With the new lightning rules, you don't get to see games played in downpours like that anymore.

Some of OKorn's throws the DB had just as much of a chance to make the play as the receiver did. Not sure if that is credit to MSU pass coverage or a knock against OKorn. Atleast a half dozen of the passes he completed I was like wow, he isn't going to get away with that all night. Michigan's OL didn't look very good, although they were better than their MSU OL counterpart. The forum would've benefited from a Sparty perspective on this game, but surprisingly there are no MSU fans here?

I realize the conditions were bad but some of the Michigan dropped passes were really bad second half. The msu defensive backs had no problems catching it. Wolverine defense completely dominated the second half of the game but the offense could not only not capitalize but they turned it over so that you couldn't get the field position advantages of the three and outs they were creating.

From a fan of the sport perspective it was nice to see a game played in conditions. With the new lightning rules, you don't get to see games played in downpours like that anymore.

Few things here...

Michigan defense is great at halftime adjustments. With that being said, we have no idea how those would have went in the 2nd half. After the two bad field positions, MSU just waited out the weather and simply did not turn the ball over.They abandoned any type of offense. I think they were confident Michigan wouldn't run down their throat 10x in a row to get a score in a monsoon.

From both teams perspectives, I was saying during the game that whoever had the lead come middle of 3q basically wins the game due to the weather. This was basically a 40-45 minute ballgame.

It is fun to watch a game in ridiculous conditions. I literally have no idea how there was not any lightning in the area. There was a Tornado cell about 30 miles north. There were long delays in Purdue and Cincy from the same line of storms. Heck, the same line spawned a Tornado earlier over in Fondy land. That was basically unplayable for awhile. O'Korn is still waiting for his first start at Michigan where weather is not a major factor.

Some of OKorn's throws the DB had just as much of a chance to make the play as the receiver did. Not sure if that is credit to MSU pass coverage or a knock against OKorn. Atleast a half dozen of the passes he completed I was like wow, he isn't going to get away with that all night. Michigan's OL didn't look very good, although they were better than their MSU OL counterpart. The forum would've benefited from a Sparty perspective on this game, but surprisingly there are no MSU fans here?

You beat MSU down the middle and deep. No one but ND has tried that this year which is odd.

O'Korn always is throwing those passes and completes more than he should into those windows.

As far as that abomination of a game. I knew Michigan was losing sooner rather than later and figured it was next week at IU to be honest and have for weeks. The play-calling is so bad. The offensive coaches are so bad. The Oline gets worse every week. It is what it is...

The first drive was beautiful for Michigan. Then they got to red zone and tried two fade passes. For the life of me, why?

The second drive they ran it right down their throats again to start but the fumble. if they complete that drive for a 10-0 lead or so, in all honesty I think every other dynamic comes into play. MSU plays faster and with more urgency creating unforced errors. The Spartans start committing their 15 yard penalties. But, they made a GREAT play there...

And a short field led to an easy score. You knew that was a TD drive right then obviously, because, well...football.

Then, Michigan lost this game for a 2nd time when they decided to abandon the run that worked so well. This is the crazy part because usually they frustrate me trying to run TOO MUCH and now they just abandon it.

MSU got another score. I was very impressed with a few of their play calls on offense to create opportunities. Lewerke was very under control as well.

In all honesty, at 7-3 I took MSU ML not out of frustration but because it was the correct bet at that time. Again, by then we were definitely looking at a 40-45 min game instead of 60 for both teams.

Obviously from there, when Michigan came out and ran hard, they would start moving the ball. Then they would throw for some reason or put in a different RB. I cannot explain it. The play calling has been bad since the Iowa game last year and continues to get worse.

I know there were opportunities in the 4th but playing into the wind and conditions nothing was going to happen. MSU protected the ball and won the game.

Michigan State treats it like their Super Bowl and they make plays in this series. Michigan treats it as a game and it bites them in the ass a lot the last several years.

As far as both teams moving forward...

MSU has the tough b2b with the 'States' but otherwise will be right in every other game. These last two weeks were huge for them. If they can win at night in Minny next week they could be a 9 win team. They still may be a 7 win team as well. They have a lot of issues but when they stay basically turnover free they are in a lot of games for sure.

Michigan is wasting a really good defense and it sucks. It is time to call this a 'season' and get DMC or BP in at QB. They need one of those guys to be ready next season. It will be ugly as can be behind that right side of the line but oh well. Take your lumps. You already are. I would rather win 7-8 games and 'grow' than to squeak out 9 wins with the same shit. I still think they lose to IU something like 20-17 next week. Loss at PSU something like 17-3 or 20-9 area. Then lose the Wisky/OSU ending. There is your 7-5. The defense might win one of those games but the offense needs to grow.

Please get rid of Drevno. Please. Jim hasn't been afraid to shuffle staff yet this turd continues on in his 3rd year. Something must change, adapt, please.

As far as the rest of the B1G...

Great showing by Wisky.

PSU just won a nice ugly one. That is how you win with a heck of a defense.

Urban is not being conservative anymore. That has been an issue last few years but they are full speed go right now.

It is a 3 horse race for the title and Wisky has the upper hand as far as waiting till December to play their 'play-in' game.

wisky qb is really bad. I'm not sure he can throw a spiral 20 yds. against neb, you dont have to....pathetic.

Back