B1G week 6

HUNT

CTG Partner
Staff member
Well, well..
Interesting week.

Iowa/Illinois... Zzzzzzzzz

Psu/northwestern... Feels like nw will be a live first half dog here to me. Psu d should get Heisman before saquon tho. Wtf has he done against a good d? Nothing.

Minny /Purdue.. Purdue off bye. Who is Minnesota? I'm all ears.

Maryland /Tosu.. Terps come back to earth here and it won't be pretty. Tosu big win again.

Msu/michigan.. First and last night game with these two. Should be a fun one.

Wisconsin /Nebraska.. Have difficulty seeing how Nebraska scores but I've sworn off Wisconsin games. I think hornibrook is still utter garbage.

Gl this week. Thoughts and Fuck yous appreciated.

Boxscore capping:

-Nebraska doubled up Illinois
-Just one Nebraska turnover
-Even the sun shines on Tanner Lee's dog ass

-PSU had 65 yards of offense and it was 21-0. That is too big of a hole to come out of.
-I said it elsewhere, Barkley throwing up 4 TD's with 4 minutes left is garbage. Typical James Franklin
-Yardage was almost even for the game
-PSU couldn't run the ball at all. IU could somewhat
-Looks like McSorley had a nice game
-Two IU QBs. Injury? Ineffectiveness?
-IU had 4 turnovers and the opening kick return against them

-Wisconsin dominated 2h. Thank goodness late NW scoring
-I hate Wisconsin
-NW didn't do much. Not a team to trust for a full drive it seems.
-Not gonna read too much into yardage other than fact UW only had 300
-5 combined turnovers
-UW was without the TE

-OSU obviously dominated.
-Balanced attack.
-Rutgers hit the post on a FG late trying to avoid the shutout. Chris Ash!
-628 to 209
-Rutgers had ball 35-25 mins
-20 combined penalties
-Pure domination

-Never bet against injuries (my ole NBA saying)
-Maryland very impressive road win
-Minnesota got caught napping a bit too
-Mary 416 yards offense, 0 turnovers
-Mary 262-80 on the ground

-Iowa n Sparty combined for 526 yards offense.
-Well deserved under for you under backers
-65 rushes, 107 yards combined
-LaTurkey was leading rusher in the game with 42 including a huge 3rd down scramble that all but ended things
-Sparty had good field position but didn't do much after the quick lead
-Iowa is slow, as Hunt said. SLOW.
-No turnovers for Sparty..that is huge for them.

Purdue and Michigan had the week off...

R.I.P. Joe Tiller

Michigan Spartafucks week so ill chime in a bit.

Saw 4th quarter of Sparty game, Sparty fans think they just turned the corner, I see an Iowa team who is terrible on offense coming off a super bowl loss heartbreaker the previous week. How do you get up for that game? Still had multiple chances to move the ball and couldn't. Sparty D solid? Idk, who have they beat to impress me and Iowa is a decent team but horrible spot for horrible offense. Perfect setting for Sparty. Figured line would be 14 and friends thought i was crazy when asked. If we had offense of course id say blowout but not sure we blowout any mediocre team with our O this year. I'll say 27-13 type game. Just don't see Sparty scoring on us more than twice.

Chime in on other games I watched more of
Saw second half of Wisconsin, its just the same team every year, its so boring. Davis at WR made a few plays for them in the third when they needed, but as Pat Fitzgerald wouldn't ever give up either did his kids to get inside the number. How anyone could feel good about Hornibrook leading their team to championships I have no idea but better question is how could Thorson take that safety at the end of the game??? NW kids are supposed to at least be smart if nothing else, especially the QB. Awful awful awful. B1G west a complete joke again.

NW takes us to PSU game and HUNT is right it starts with their D but I've seen enough of their games to know how you expose that D, deep passes on their white safety. I bet on IU and I still feel like I had the right side but IU kept gift wrapping fumbles away early. I know PSU had a ton of yards against Iowa but couldn't finish. Against Indiana i don't know if they were bored jumping out to such a big early lead but their o line looked like dog shit, Barkley had no room to run. I would throw that kid the ball but they didn't hardly do it in that game. I think they are saving him for Iowa like workloads against the big boys personally (OSU, Mich), if you look at his touches in games that appears to be the case and in his defense he had to be exhausted after last Saturday night, yet he returns opening kickoff for TD and sets tone, i knew i was screwed. IU ran some great run blitzes and I was very impressed with their defense. Score was misleading, nothing was wrong with Laggo other than the other kid moved the ball better in the first half and then did nothing in the second half. I didn't think Michigan had much chance at PSU in beginning of year but now I feel we have a much better shot with our physicality on defense. I think our d line can dominate that o line and PSU offense doesn't have the swagger against Pitt, Iowa, and IU I saw last year. PSU hard team to figure let alone bet on, Franklin horrible in game coach and is starting to feel like he's a douche. Barkley is best player in college football and did have 200 at OSU his freshman year, helped beat Wisconsin on gimpy ankle last year. People still care about Heisman's, I don't and I certainly don't care about RBs throwing TD passes late in the game for Heisman hopes, anyone can do that. Franklin has an inferiority complex to CUM and Harbs is what it boils down to to me anyway. I'll probably go back to the well at +14 on purple this week for the 11am local start. If you go back to last year what has PSU done on the road that has impressed me, nothing. 34-24 seems right to me. PSU losing two games minimum this year.

Watched some Maryland and that new qb looked pretty damn good. Is Row the Boat rowing south to Tennessee anyway or will it be Brohm? Terps could be a dangerous team this year to some B1G powers, its just a matter of consistency. Durkin is doing work there and they have some speed and talent, if this qb can stick, look out. Minny does nothing for me yet but PJ will have 8 wins a normality there in that weak division in no time.

Saturday's without Michigan football is like watching pre-season NFL, brutal.

Its a night game this year.

Twink, I'm heading to Nawlins in 2 weeks for LSU Auburn (i know lost some luster) but also Lions Saints with the homies for our annual roadie to games. Do you live down there? Any suggestions if so.

Its a night game this year.

Twink, I'm heading to Nawlins in 2 weeks for LSU Auburn (i know lost some luster) but also Lions Saints with the homies for our annual roadie to games. Do you live down there? Any suggestions if so.
I do and yes

Pm or remind me here and tell me what y'all like etc

didnt the AD at one or both of the schools say that the game would never be played at night due to fan safety concerns?

didnt the AD at one or both of the schools say that the game would never be played at night due to fan safety concerns?
I guess Hollis doesn't want one at night in East Lansing.

I think Michigan was unsure about it.

It doesn't matter with the TV rules now though for games before November.

Plenty of rivalry games have tailgating and drunkeness all day, It isn't that big of a deal. I am sure their will be incidents but if they are prepared for them then those people will be taken care of.

Obviously Bo would still want every game by noon or one. Harbaugh also would rather have early starts. I am not sure about Dantonio to be honest but they have played a lot of night games.

Why are Blue and Sparty nixing night games?

They are not.

Hunt meant that you will never see one in A2 again for this series.

Again though, TV makes more decisions now. This was on television for this match up. If it was 3-1 vs 2-2 I think it would be an earlier game, fwiw.

Pretty sure you meant Spartafuck up Michigan...:boxing:

That being said what do you think of LJ Scott. Seems like he only shows up for the likes of Ohio State and Michigan? Thinking maybe Sparty didn't want to show too many cards vs flat Iowa?

I guess Hollis doesn't want one at night in East Lansing.

I think Michigan was unsure about it.

It doesn't matter with the TV rules now though for games before November.

Plenty of rivalry games have tailgating and drunkeness all day, It isn't that big of a deal. I am sure their will be incidents but if they are prepared for them then those people will be taken care of.

Obviously Bo would still want every game by noon or one. Harbaugh also would rather have early starts. I am not sure about Dantonio to be honest but they have played a lot of night games.

I don't agree with the notion of there being more behavior problems at night games...it's simply what I was told.

I love night games and am looking forward to watching MSU/UM under the lights. For someone as interested in publicity as harbaugh is I don't know why he wouldn't be interested in the primetime matchups. Having UM/OSU play at noon is a complete joke for anyone under the age of 60.

I don't agree with the notion of there being more behavior problems at night games...it's simply what I was told.

I love night games and am looking forward to watching MSU/UM under the lights. For someone as interested in publicity as harbaugh is I don't know why he wouldn't be interested in the primetime matchups. Having UM/OSU play at noon is a complete joke for anyone under the age of 60.

Yeah, he is always interested in keeping the name/brand so-to-speak in the news but he is still a Bo guy at the end of the day. He doesn't even like 3:30 games. He likes it to be football from the beginning of the day, not having guys sit around I guess.

For OSU/UM I think we'll see a nighttime game, but WAY into the future. I get it is November and cold but what is 8-10 degrees difference? With that being said, I think a good compromise is 3:30. The #1-#2 game in '06 was awesome with an afternoon to build-up and with it ending under the lights. Obviously that game was the biggest one in many moons for the rivalry but still the most intense atmosphere I can remember.

Thoughts on John O'Korn?

He has had 2 weeks to prepare for this start(the Speight news was nothing new yesterday). In his one start at UM he had less than a week to prepare and played in a conservative game that had weather in the 2nd half. The one thing he can do is move around much better than Speight. The key is if he lets the plays come to him like he did after a few series at Purdue. With a bad pass blocking o-line, he is more suited for this offense right now perhaps. The play-calling will be key. Hopefully they put him in positions to succeed like the 2h at Purdue.

And please, pretty please...

-Keep throwing to the TE's. Now, I understand the middle of the field is soft against Purdue but with the plethora of TE talent this team has they have to keep using them.

-Screens, screens screens. I think we saw our first Chris Evans screen right before half last game out. It is odd a player that is good in space is just getting that look.

-Grant Perry. He needs to be and will be the 'safe' guy for JOK to go to in big 3rd downs.

-Oh yeah, DPJ, get that guy the ball in the open field.

Simple things to follow will make JOK a very adequate QB solution for this team right now. They have a great defense, as expected. Just don't turn the ball over and do not be so weird with play-calling and the offense can be 'solid'.

You think Northwestern is a look-ahead game for Penn State? Can NW's battered defense contain PSU's rather underachieving offense? I'd feel especially worried about McSorley

You think Northwestern is a look-ahead game for Penn State? Can NW's battered defense contain PSU's rather underachieving offense? I'd feel especially worried about McSorley
Well, they have a bye week after this week. It is at a perfect time for them. Obviously they have the UM game (which I am sure will be at night) followed by the trip to OSU. They then visit Michigan State before having 3 pretty easy games to end the year. This will be their season in a nutshell as far as whether it is very special or just a solid one.

In essence, I think the Bye Week negates any look ahead.

chris jones is practicing. if he plays at his normal ability, that shores up a huge weakness for the Blackshirts.

Yeah, he is always interested in keeping the name/brand so-to-speak in the news but he is still a Bo guy at the end of the day. He doesn't even like 3:30 games. He likes it to be football from the beginning of the day, not having guys sit around I guess.

For OSU/UM I think we'll see a nighttime game, but WAY into the future. I get it is November and cold but what is 8-10 degrees difference? With that being said, I think a good compromise is 3:30. The #1-#2 game in '06 was awesome with an afternoon to build-up and with it ending under the lights. Obviously that game was the biggest one in many moons for the rivalry but still the most intense atmosphere I can remember.
UM day games are tradition?

chris jones is practicing. if he plays at his normal ability, that shores up a huge weakness for the Blackshirts.

Good news! I remember when I heard about the injury this summer it was speculated he could miss most, if not the entire season. Are they saying he could potentially play this week?

To answer BB question from another thread, I will put here...

OSU/Mary...

Mary off a real nice road win.

Last OSU tune-up before night road in Lincoln and PSU revenge game.

Not a game I would want to touch to be honest but gun to my head, Maryland with the points. Lets say something like 45-17 or so.

To answer BB question from another thread, I will put here...

OSU/Mary...

Mary off a real nice road win.

Last OSU tune-up before night road in Lincoln and PSU revenge game.

Not a game I would want to touch to be honest but gun to my head, Maryland with the points. Lets say something like 45-17 or so.
Ya I may use them in one of my super teasers and bump it to +44

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm really really tempted to play over 40 in the Michigan st/Michigan game

Put it in the super teaser
I believe I will in one of them. I also just looked at one of my books and Louisville tt is 17 for the 1st half and North Carolina st is 17 as well. I despise playing unders but the 17 for state just seems high

I believe I will in one of them. I also just looked at one of my books and Louisville tt is 17 for the 1st half and North Carolina st is 17 as well. I despise playing unders but the 17 for state just seems high
Not really the correct thread, but UL D is not what it was under Grantham. I realize NCSt is not a superpzce team either, but they turn up the tempo if they see/feel something. Can't recommend either. I do feel that the pack have a chance in this one though.

Not really the correct thread, but UL D is not what it was under Grantham. I realize NCSt is not a superpzce team either, but they turn up the tempo if they see/feel something. Can't recommend either. I do feel that the pack have a chance in this one though.
Ya I realized it was off topic to what this thread was about. I just didn't see the need to start a new one so I just asked about the state total. I'm trying to put together a couple super teasers at the moment

If I play anything I'll play Purdue though. They are coming off a bye week and Minnesota coming of that loss. Minnesota is a very young team. Just see the Maryland game still lingering for them

I'm not trying to stay coy. I'm just trying to not get overly excited for a play I didn't really see possible numbers-wise a week ago.

Had we but world enough and time,
This coyness, lady, were no crime.
We would sit down, and think which way
To walk, and pass our long love’s day.

And trust me, I will give both sides to why it's good and why it's bad perhaps. Never though we'd see below 29-31.5 to be honest heading into the week if not higher.

Weather -- in A2 tomorrow night, as of now.

6:00 PM

SAT
Mostly Cloudy 79° 81°
0%
53% SSW 17 mph
7:00 PM

SAT
Mostly Cloudy 78° 80°
0%
56% SSW 15 mph
8:00 PM

SAT